bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I know this is an older unit.

I know every body says sell it to buy the equinox.......well I would like to hear you guys honest opinion of the safari compared to say your other unit whatever it is.

Ok so if the safari is your number one unit chime in.

If it is your back up unit....or a unit you use for a certain site.....chime in.

I already have the deus 2 and have been a primarily xp user since 2018.

I enjoy xp products.

I have had several minelab units.

I did not like the explorer or the explorer xs.

due mainly to the dual number id.

With thay being said,
I am in the market for a different unit.

I have had the equinox 600.

so for you guys who may have sold the safari and kept the equinox...other than for being water proof or lighter weight.....I am more curious about performance compared to the safari on why you switched.

Chime in and tell me your thoughts on the safari.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good machine, kind of a poor man's Etrac, not as adjustable as I would want, and won't find the tiny targets your Dues (or Nox) would find. Pretty slow processor too, compared with the Nox, Deus, Legend, so, target separation isn't as good. It's a bit of a step back IMO. If you don't like the Explorer series, you probably wouldn't like the Safari either.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good machine, kind of a poor man's Etrac, not as adjustable as I would want, and won't find the tiny targets your Dues (or Nox) would find. Pretty slow processor too, compared with the Nox, Deus, Legend, so, target separation isn't as good. It's a bit of a step back IMO. If you don't like the Explorer series, you probably wouldn't like the Safari either.
What you said about the explorer.....you may be correct.

I have never gotten along with the explorer line up.

I thought the safari would be slightly different or maybe a little faster recovery speed I guess but maybe it is not.

I appreciate your input

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread