San Marcus finds

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
We went to San Marcus thur and fri, took the hooka Kit and was just scanning the bottom but not detecting and got these keepers, I found another arrow head about a month ago not 100 ft from this one, I'm gonna have to get a underwater dtector with discremination for that place there are way to many poptops for my P.I. we also found a pair of sunglasses for everyone plus a few extra, some goggles and a few coins, I'd love to go under and just dig with a sifter in a couple new spots I found on the river that are free of weeds, maybe next time. That place is def loaded with goodies but they cover back up fast in the current, You can detect there but only in the water they dont allow it on land.

Attachments

• 000_0907.JPG
    000_0907.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 546
Upvote 0

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Great looking arrowhead and nice silver rings too.

HH

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I've allways thought that would be a good spot. A friend of mine used to collect arrowheads scuba diving there. He had a super nice collection. Way to go on the ring!

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
It is a great arrowhead spot if you can find a Leagle place to dig, we found more pottery pieces than we cared to pick up, It was the most populated Indian spot in North America according to the guide at the San marcus aguarina springs glass bottom boat ride, We also did the geo cache thing there, and found some other goodies along the river in the brush but nothing better than those 3 items.
The silver ring was a real honker with one of those chains that rotate around it, I saw one on here like it a while back.
Def a fun place to go searching, If a person lived there He could snorkle every morning and likely get some goodies B-4 work, not to mention stay pretty fit, the current makes for a great work out.

R

RUDY2003

Nice ring buddy. I love the water in San Marcus, soo clear and cold....
Beautiful around there too...

Keep safe...

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Great arrowhead! and rings.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome keepers...and to think what one can find by just looking around! :o

Good luck on your return! Congrats on those finds...

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions