Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One for sale in the classifieds

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
if you need to determine the type or model of the scoop - tell here what you want:
where - for water or wet sand or dry sand.
soil type - fine sand, sand with silt and clay, sand with a broken shell, sand with stones and clay.
your physical abilities - height, weight, are there any injuries that interfere with beach hunting

Ruslan.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 scoops, one for sand hunting & one for water hunting.
I got both mine from Joe & Lorraine at Reilly's Treasure in Pompano.
The water scoop is heavier & more sturdy built.
The sand scoop is lighter and easier to handle in the dry sand.
I've used the sand scoop in the water, but, heavy corals & such (over time) kinda bent it up some.
Joe was kind and beat it back to original form, placed a weld or two, for me.

Don't get a (short handle) scoop, where you have to constantly bend over, to scoop.
Get one with a long handle, save your back.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one of these with the aluminum long handle, its very well built, Id sell it if you want it 100$ plus shipping, I only used once and figured out that using a sand scoop doesnt work for me, I have a prosthetic left arm using a sand scoop one handed is no fun when wrestling with a metal detector at the same time.... message me if your interested

https://www.amazon.com/Quest-Scoopal-Scoop-Hunting-Detecting/dp/B075SMKDVK

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Whichever scoop you buy, I suggest getting some handle attachments. I know they’re readily available on-line. I use a VERY heavy scoop for New England’s rocky shoreline and I use two different Raptor handles. The V shaped one towards me, up near the top of the scoop handle and the straight one away from me, about a third of the way down the shaft from the top. Makes lifting a scoop full of rocks and wet sand/clay a lot easier... but still a workout.
HH
dts

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be trying out some beach hunting in the spring and it looks like my shovel just ain`t gonna cut it, I need a scoop, but there are about a zillion different ones
out there.

I`m willing to spend up to $150 on one but have no idea what to get, any advice appreciated!

Dan

Hey Dan,.....

I have a Russian one, stainless steel, pretty good unit.

Check these, a lot of guys use one of these.

https://stavrscoop.com/eng

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
9" stainless steel Stealth Extreme scoop

Dan, I can part with my 9" stainless steel Stealth Extreme scoop. It's made by sunspot. check out their website. These are indestructible, and have a lifetime warranty, free repair or replace, most durable scoop you can buy. (They also will fix any metal scoop by any maker for just $25, including the return shipping. I used them for a Ukrainian scoop I'd run over and they fixed it better than new, added gussets to it. Beautiful work). All the pro's down here in s. Florida use one, either the 9" or the 7". It's for wet sand and in the water. They cost $225 new, I'd sell mine for $175, it's in excellent condition. I know that's a little higher than your price point, but you'll never have to buy another one.

(For dry sand, you want a light, relatively small scoop, 6" or so, with a long enough handle you can scoop standing up. Reilly's Precious Gold [RPG] is a good place to find one)

920iX - Stealth beach scoop

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
_6198289.jpg

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
Joe, where did you dig out the old photo of 2009 :laughing7:
yes, 10 years ago .... but everything is recognizable :occasion14:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Joe, where did you dig out the old photo of 2009 :laughing7:
yes, 10 years ago .... but everything is recognizable :occasion14:

I knew that would get your attention! Just happened to be going thru some old hardrives and found it..........It was our first look at Your scoops. I loved them, nothing had been made that looked like them, most scoops before then had a round bucket or similar!! You started a revolution in scoops!

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I will be trying out some beach hunting in the spring and it looks like my shovel just ain`t gonna cut it, I need a scoop, but there are about a zillion different ones
out there.

I`m willing to spend up to $150 on one but have no idea what to get, any advice appreciated!

Dan

I've destroyed 2 Stealth scoops (they'll only repair them once! I sent the second one in for repair and never heard back from the company), and destroyed a 6" aluminum water scoop digging rocky bottoms. My most recent scoop is a solid 7" x 10" aluminum water scoop (single piece w 48" handle, about $150) and it is handling the rocks very well. It is also KING of scoops in digging deeper holes in the surf because of its wide mouth. You'd think some of the so-called 9" scoops like a Stealth would be better at digging deeper holes in the surf but they aren't really that big in terms of area - the 9" scoops are only 9" at the very corners; like measuring a big smile [()] vs a big mouth yawn [O] with the 7" aluminum. I have also improved my recovery speed and have reduced number of scoops per target with the 7" aluminum scoop vs the Stealths. FYI

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my Stavros Evroexcavator, you can contact Stavr who posted above for prices and availability. Many you see today are copies of his great designs, why not get an original?? If you do you need to make sure it has a handle socket that fits standard American size handles. Stavro will help you with that also. Sorry, you gotta click twice on the photo to get it upright.

IMG_0360.jpg

Last edited:

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Because the Stavros Evroexcavator has all holes and no solid seam running down the middle, these types of scoops would last only a few outings with my rock covered bottoms (which I seek out, see below pic) - they simply can't handle the rocks and bend up like a soft pretzel. But these are real nice scoops for all white soft sand beaches. Problem is - these are the types of beaches I ignore...if sand is soft under my feet I keep walking...I want something HARD and hard to dig.

Exposed rocks at low tide.jpg

Here is a pic of one of the Stealth scoops I've destroyed - note the collapse of the upper scoop body and rear.

Stealth Exterme bucket collapse 2019.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread