Sandshark,Excal, CZ21

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
I've used all three, the Sandshark is both deep & stable is saltwater but with no discrimination digging everything.

I use the CZ-21 most of the time, but still like the Excal for depth, dry beach hunting I go with the Sov. :thumbsup:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Never used the SS, but have 3 other PI's ......... have the CZ20 and a few excals..My guess all three are very close in depth, but you have to hunt PP/almetal with the cz and excal to match the SS in depth. I'm not a florida hunter but if I was..this would be my choice...excal, Wot, CF long shaft, remote disc button, peltors HP's

excal..about as close as your going to get as far as depth to a PI, and in PP mode
Wot...coverage, coverage, coverage
CF straitshaft.. balanced. in the water you can swing all day
remote button...taken on as many targets as possible in PP, discrimate fast, dig midtones, disruptive and lower only..missing silver
peltors...noise blocking, better chance of picking out faints in PP, deep targets

CZ20..10inch coil, Eric Foster still use's his on the beach..and he "IS" the PI king, Builder/Designer..and that has alot to say for the CZ20

Sand Shark..seen good only, lifetime warrenty

good luck....

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While I have had no personal experience with it, Treasure Hunter says his Excal with the 15" Sunray coil attached to it is as deep as a PI. Of course, you have to have it hardwired to your unit which voids your warranty if there is still one.

Me, I prefer PI's for the surf. They just don't miss anything, and with finds getting harder to come by at the beach, I'll take the Sand Shark for depth, stability and warranty any day of the week.

When it comes to pure depth, I still think the PI detector is the standard to beat.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For raw depth the PI's are the ones to use. But for more targets collected by the end of the day the prize has to go to the Excal with a WOT coil because of not having to waste valuable time scooping trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread