Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Say a prayer for tomorrows hearing in SB in Judge Ochoa's courtroom

If he finds for the rule of law, the illegal scheme of the state and the green facist will be halted, and dredging will once again start to feed the economies of small rural mountain communities, individuals will be empowered to build wealth for themselves, their state and their country. Small minning manafacturers will start producing, and states streams will begin to be cleaned of heavy metals, clean gravels will be provided for spawing, and salmonoids will have deep cold pools for resting spots and will alleviate the gill rot, that takes so many fish.... Thanks to the original defendants, the many ham and eggers like myself that have contributed what we could to keep taking the fight to the state... This is not over by any means, but will be another important victory. I salute all those of have participated... Gods speed to us:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck from the sustainable hell ,hope you guys get your freedoms and mature citicenships status back and don,t end up like here,.it,s getting worse every day . 20 Minuten - Der Kampf gegen die E-Mountainbikes - News.

Now they would like to ban elektric bikes in this states alps because "it allows the people to get to remote locations in the mountains" They will not stop till its all fenced and plastered with prohibitionsigns.

All the best

emilio

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Crossing all my fingers, toes, arms, legs, hair and oysters!

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What time is the hearing? Anybody?

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well. I guess I can cross off the vacation in California...
Anybody want to buy a dredge?

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the link seems to have to have the first two pages open to get to the docket, case# DS4720
http://openaccess.sb-court.org/Open...senumber=DS4720&courtcode=X&casetype=JCP&dsn=

some news from Dave's Facebook page

Judge Ochoa heard our case for Injunctive Relief (Temporary Restraining Order) against CA Fish & Wildlife this morning to stop them from Enforcing an "Illegal and Unenforceable Moratorium". Judge Ochoa denied the relief we were seeking but reversed his earlier denial to file for relief in Siskiyou County. Two years ago we filed for and were granted a Temporary Restraining Order against CA Fish and Wildlife to allow Dredging. We will present our case in Siskiyou County next Thursday. Stay Tuned for Updates!!

Last edited:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know if I'm understanding this or not, is his intent to keep the local problems local without opening up the state. Meaning if we are successful in Siskiyou, we will have to challenge it in each county that chooses to prosecute? All I see is more and more litigation everywhere, never ending. What are the future calendar dates?

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if I'm understanding this or not, is his intent to keep the local problems local without opening up the state. Meaning if we are successful in Siskiyou, we will have to challenge it in each county that chooses to prosecute? All I see is more and more litigation everywhere, never ending. What are the future calendar dates?

The industry as whole is taking the next step that I cannot speak about but will be made public as the attorneys allow. In addition, some non plaintiffs of the SB cases have been allowed to continue their cases in Siskiyou Co as a result of today's court hearing. See the New 49ers sight for their comments

Hope this gives you some help

ratled

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, basically if im reading this correctly, the judge ruled that the states scheme is unlawful but wont rule that them enforcing the laws that he ruled unlawful is unlawful??!! This is what I take from it, I know its not quite the case but kinda..:icon_scratch:

Last edited:

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The wheels of justice grind exceedingly slow, but exceedingly fine".
Maybe the reversal on denial of relief in Sisky County is the back door the judge opened to the dredgers. We won't know until they're over the goal line.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wtf????...another Judge bought off.....

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually ladies and gentlemen, there was a strategic victory handed to us in this one. And, kuger, I am surprised that you of all people didn't see it.

I won't post it here due to legal strategy and all, but it is there and it WILL pay more than prospectors an edge in the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread