SC finds (Charleston)

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Hello All,

Maybe you saw my post on the main site (Today’s Finds) a couple weeks ago about my site by the Holiday Inn - Riverview. Sharing the exact location. Since I moved west I wanted to share it so others could go there and knowing detectorists I’m sure someone or more than one went there pretty quickly (I had found a 1721 French coin but there was more area to detect). Anyway, I asked that anyone who finds anything please PM me because I’m still curious about the site and would appreciate knowing. I also plan to post other east coast sites that have produced over the years. I haven’t heard, so want to assure you that if anyone finds anything, first of all it’s obviously yours or I wouldn’t have posted the location. I have a lifetime of great finds. Secondly, I won’t go posting about it - that’s up to you. I know how we detectorists can be about protecting a good site (and we are also good about sharing sites when appropriate). Bergie

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to your spot !! I hit the back grass strip that you mentioned....it was pretty good !! Got wheats and a silver quarter. Also got what I think is a pretty old flat button, maybe 1700s. Only had a few hours to hunt and was staying at the city docks across the river. I'll take some pics and post them. Thank you for the tip...I enjoyed it immensely !! I worked my way under the bridge and found a really nice blob top bottle. There was a tremendous amount of targets at the base of the bridge as I moved under and around to the west side of the bridge embankment. Found alot of pottery frags that date to 1830-40 !! Great potential there. If I could have crossed over the small creek to the island to the west I would have...it looks very promising !! Need a kyak though to get there. Local dock hand said to keep on the lookout for megalodon teeth. He has found big ones there. The little grass strip was good !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you bergie....I was only there overnight and that little hunt was great for my freetime !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I never know when I'll be in chalrston I'm perfectly fine letting the peeps here in on it. Hope someone can cover it more thoroughly and get some of the goodies I suspect are hiding there !! Good luck and happy hunting peeps.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After that flat button I was fired up....it confirmed to me what you were saying, and every target after that I was dreaming of 1700s coins and relics. I dont doubt there are some more great coins and relics there. Maybe next time I'll be graced with a coin like you found.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20191110_100123.jpg
The finds in total from 2 1/2 hour hunt. 20191110_100158.jpg
The clad
20191110_100338.jpg
The silver and wheats ( 2 wheats are missing in my luggage) they'll shake out of my clothes I'm sure. 20191110_100232.jpg
20191110_100221.jpg
20191110_100242.jpg
The bottle from Massachusetts found under the bridge.....cant find much info.
20191110_100355.jpg
The relics. Silver plated pickle fork, flat button, musical instrument reed plate and other what's its ?? 20191110_100302.jpg
20191110_100312.jpg
The flat button that got me excited. Not sure on age....it has faint spiral lines radiating from the center and was probably gilded at one time. Be great if someone has a date range ? There was an old hinge strap, bullets, a cool VW emblem and a crumpled copper something that looked to have some decorative elements to it ? A pretty busy hunt for the short time there !! 20191110_100129.jpg dated the pottery shard to 1840 ish 20191110_102541.jpg crumpled copper something and possible lead bale seal....theres some kind of faint symbol or image on it.....but it's pretty far gone if it's a bale seal.

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charleston, a perfect place to weather a hurricane in the old days :)

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger...its a perfect place to metal detect after a hurricane too !! So much history in that town weathering out of the shifting sands !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions