scabbard Tip ? Unknown piece

Randy769

Sep 27, 2013
S/E Tennesse
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The first piece is 4 3/4 inches found in a field where several bullets and other relics have been found. I have never found a scabbard tip and this looks alot like one. What do you think? The second item is completely unknown...it weighs about 1 pound must be filled with lead...looks like a brass tube runs through the center of it and a iron spike runs through that...found in the same field. There was an old house on this site in the 1850s-1910 IMG_8765.JPG IMG_8759.JPG IMG_8760.JPG

Ammietuar

Sep 18, 2005
Suffolk UK
Detector(s) used
MXT/PI Pro/Garrett GS
The second item looks kinda like the interior piece to an electric motor without the copper windings. So, maybe something like a magnetic impeller - minus the impeller.... See if it has a magnetic charge on it by putting a small piece of iron (not a magnet) near it. The one in the pic is pretty small, and commonly used for pumping water in an aquarium... imagesX2A4840N.jpg

Upvote 0
Mar 1, 2007
Griffith Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXlll
the one he found is a bit large for an aquarium, my guess is its from a fan or garden water feature pump such as gold fish pond. my grandmother had a gold fish pond on her farm

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions