njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi
My sister in law brought home three children's books from work. She told me that they had them in a book case at here dental office. She works in Easton PA. When I looked at one of the books, it had a picture in it, looks to me that it's a school picture,and the children, are Wherein cowboy outfits, not all of them. Any one from that area of pa. Might be interested.

Attachments

• 20220813_151208.jpg
    20220813_151208.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi
My sister in law brought home three children's books from work. She told me that they had them in a book case at here dental office. She works in Easton PA. When I looked at one of the books, it had a picture in it, looks to me that it's a school picture,and the children, are Wherein cowboy outfits, not all of them. Any one from that area of pa. Might be interested.
Cool old pic. I think you're right, school pic but there's usually a teacher in the picture too.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1950's picture when Cowboys and Indians were all the rage, just before Sputnik launched and spacefaring replaced the Old West as the dominant cultural focal point of the nation.

OP
OP
njrelicgairl

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1950's picture when Cowboys and Indians were all the rage, just before Sputnik launched and spacefaring replaced the Old West as the dominant cultural focal point of the nation.
I thought it was around the late 40s or 50s when this. Picture was taken.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was around the late 40s or 50s when this. Picture was taken.
Well Sputnik was in 1957, and that was really what started the space culture I think so likely some time before 1957. I may be wrong since I remember finding rocketship toys dating to as early as the late 1940's like you said, these were all modelled on the early German V-2 rocket design back when that was the only craft capable of reaching space or dang close to it. I didn't live at the time but it's likely the old west culture continued in the background for the whole time too. I'm sure some of our longer lived users remember those times and would be a better source for this kind of information. I do recognize the patern cut on the side of the photographs back then were fancy like this one and probubly were like this from the 40's-60's or so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread