Scientifically Unexplained Events in Modern Day and History

In which time do you think "weird" events most appear?

• Modern Day

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • History

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Ancient History

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Pre-History

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dec 18, 2015
Anomalous Archives
Primary Interest:
Other
I have decided to start posting to this board and want to say hello as well as start up a discussion. I am a supernatural investigator who had come onto here out of interest in a few treasure legend topics. I personally believe that finding an explanation to an "anomalous" event is the same as a hunting a treasure. So a question for all of you mystery seekers.

What do you think the most intriguing scientifically unexplained event is in present day or in history? I would prefer suggestions to be in the supernatural and paranormal category, and preferably a topic not discussed as much as others. Though feel free to post events that you feel have not been satisfactorily debated.

Thank you and i look forward to discussing with you!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how could a beautiful soul like selena gomez have anything to do with a turd like beeber?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I have decided to start posting to this board and want to say hello as well as start up a discussion. I am a supernatural investigator who had come onto here out of interest in a few treasure legend topics. I personally believe that finding an explanation to an "anomalous" event is the same as a hunting a treasure. So a question for all of you mystery seekers.

What do you think the most intriguing scientifically unexplained event is in present day or in history? I would prefer suggestions to be in the supernatural and paranormal category, and preferably a topic not discussed as much as others. Though feel free to post events that you feel have not been satisfactorily debated.

Thank you and i look forward to discussing with you!
What's yer "CREDS"...? PhD, etc

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe we have more unexplained events from the late 1800's to present because we have science trying to muddy the waters. Most people think science an explain it all and therefore have lost faith in letting nature take its course. If all things were known then what would be the fun in life?

Mr.Rust

Jan 7, 2016
Aalesund
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Garret pro pointer,Nokta Core, Garret Gold pan set, Guldstrøm Eldorado Special Sluicebox, Garret Retriever II, Black Ada BigFoot shovel,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many supernatural events though history might have been explained if they happened today.
So for me modern day mysteries are way more compelling, Take for eksample sea maps.
Why did almost all maps from pre 1850 have seamonsters drawn in ?
And why are they not today? well, mostly because we discovered rogue waves, we know that wales have capsized boats, and we know that huge logs in the water can float in such a way that u can barely see it before it hits right through the hull of a boat. Im not saying that there is no such thing as a sea monster somewhere as the sea still is pretty much unexplored. BUT because of superstition in the old days, Many things got blamed on monsters of the sea, because they had no other explanation. Same goes on land, In Norway for example, the childhood stories we are told still consist of monsters today. Like trolls, huldra , Draugen, the midgardssnake and so on, all made to keep children indoors at night, Or out of the water when they were alone , so they wouldn't drown.

However today, if it cant be explained, there's probably a lot more to it, then for lets say 200 years ago..

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Experience. you know what I mean..... :laughing7:
Once one has "experienced" an experience, no one can tell them they haven't.
Whether that "experience" be of a supernatural or scientifically explained nature, who can say?
Hope the op will reply back with your answer.

So welcome CL and good luck in your quest. It is kinda sorta similar to mine, in that, I do believe what we, at times call "paranormal" or "supernatural", can/does have a basis in science (that we just haven't figured out yet).
Look forward to your, and others' insights.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Whether that "experience" be of a supernatural or scientifically explained nature, who can say?

So welcome CL and good luck in your quest. It is kinda sorta similar to mine, in that, I do believe what we, at times call "paranormal" or "supernatural", can/does have a basis in science (that we just haven't figured out yet).
Well "said", "Cat"; word "DEBATE" implies Pro/Con... kind of things; "GENERAL" Paradigm for today MAY NOT be true for tomorrow, as you said...

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like these topics! At one point in the past I did have a huge curiosity in the paranormal or unexplained. I would say history is where most events took place. In the victorian era it was almost like a parlor game to "call" in spirits! The topic is also a "HUGE" money maker and power of throughout history in many ways. Can science explain all events? There is some theory or someones view from a Scientific side in modern day, for anything and everything, That goes both ways depending on the person and what they "Believe". This is such a broad topic and goes into so many variables that it's really hard to say what modern day event can't be explained by science(to everyone). After years of thinking about this off and on, I guess the biggest unexplained event or thing to me is the Human Brain that's where everything comes back to. Not saying that as a joke either, there is so much going on in there Chemically,electrically, and whatever else, I'm not sure Science has really proven much on the "Supernatural" Side! And that is where the "information" is perceived depending on beliefs. That would be my pick! And it goes the whole way back! All events go back to one place, interpretation. Is it scientific,paranormal,spiritual,lack of knowledge,dimensional etc..We may never know? May be different from person to person?

Magnetism(?) is still unknown also. We know how some of it works but we don't know why.( I might have that backwards:laughing7:) I guess that can be debated too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C
Dec 18, 2015
Anomalous Archives
Primary Interest:
Other

Reincarnation could be considered an anomaly, but so far there is no real proof of concept except a few cases that brung exceptional evidence. Such as a small group of cases in which a past life vision brought about modern day results. Examples including the catching of murderers, the finding of bodies, and missing people.

OP
OP
C
Dec 18, 2015
Anomalous Archives
Primary Interest:
Other

In what way would my credentials change the simple discussion of events of this nature?

Though i would prefer not to disclose my credentials i am a librarian currently working in a small private library with a decently large collection.
I had the knowledge and ability to pursuit larger and more statured fields, yet i admire a simple lifestyle and decided that such would allow me more time and resources for my research.

I do not know to what credentials i would be at, as i have been tutored by many associates in their respective fields and have done hours of extensive self research in many different fields.

Many of my associates lovingly joke that i am a "Jack of All Trades", as my many projects bring me to all fields of science respectively at some point.

But as you can probably tell, my main research involves unexplained events of the supernatural nature. Things that science cannot fully explain or figure out.

(P.S I would prefer not to list out the fields i have studied into as the array may seem unbelievable to some and would come under scrutiny. I am also one who does not care for credentials as long as you have the basic knowledge, the ideal logic and common sense, and a will to learn. :coffee2:)

OP
OP
C
Dec 18, 2015
Anomalous Archives
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe we have more unexplained events from the late 1800's to present because we have science trying to muddy the waters. Most people think science an explain it all and therefore have lost faith in letting nature take its course. If all things were known then what would be the fun in life?

I agree with you in many sense. Th 1880s was a time in which the world of folklore started to merge with the world of science and industrialization. Though i do believe most anomalies are of natural occurrence, i do believe that many are far beyond our reach, things that us as humans will either never understand, or are too mind-melting to comprehend. See my signature to understand what i mean.

OP
OP
C
Dec 18, 2015
Anomalous Archives
Primary Interest:
Other
Many supernatural events though history might have been explained if they happened today.
So for me modern day mysteries are way more compelling, Take for eksample sea maps.
Why did almost all maps from pre 1850 have seamonsters drawn in ?
And why are they not today? well, mostly because we discovered rogue waves, we know that wales have capsized boats, and we know that huge logs in the water can float in such a way that u can barely see it before it hits right through the hull of a boat. Im not saying that there is no such thing as a sea monster somewhere as the sea still is pretty much unexplored. BUT because of superstition in the old days, Many things got blamed on monsters of the sea, because they had no other explanation. Same goes on land, In Norway for example, the childhood stories we are told still consist of monsters today. Like trolls, huldra , Draugen, the midgardssnake and so on, all made to keep children indoors at night, Or out of the water when they were alone , so they wouldn't drown.

However today, if it cant be explained, there's probably a lot more to it, then for lets say 200 years ago..

I agree and disagree at the same time. Your points are valid in every sense yet lest we forget that we are no smarter today then we were in the past. We just found more knowledge to work off of then back then. They worked off of what they knew, and what they knew may not have always been correct, but that does not mean that all knowledge was misguided.

Though i believe that is exactly what you were implying :thumbsup:

OP
OP
C
Dec 18, 2015
Anomalous Archives
Primary Interest:
Other

I do as well, but as i have previously stated, i do believe there are things to extensive for science to explain, and it would be better to comply with logic and reason for our own sanity. :laughing7:

OP
OP
C
Dec 18, 2015
Anomalous Archives
Primary Interest:
Other
I like these topics! At one point in the past I did have a huge curiosity in the paranormal or unexplained. I would say history is where most events took place. In the victorian era it was almost like a parlor game to "call" in spirits! The topic is also a "HUGE" money maker and power of throughout history in many ways. Can science explain all events? There is some theory or someones view from a Scientific side in modern day, for anything and everything, That goes both ways depending on the person and what they "Believe". This is such a broad topic and goes into so many variables that it's really hard to say what modern day event can't be explained by science(to everyone). After years of thinking about this off and on, I guess the biggest unexplained event or thing to me is the Human Brain that's where everything comes back to. Not saying that as a joke either, there is so much going on in there Chemically,electrically, and whatever else, I'm not sure Science has really proven much on the "Supernatural" Side! And that is where the "information" is perceived depending on beliefs. That would be my pick! And it goes the whole way back! All events go back to one place, interpretation. Is it scientific,paranormal,spiritual,lack of knowledge,dimensional etc..We may never know? May be different from person to person?

Magnetism(?) is still unknown also. We know how some of it works but we don't know why.( I might have that backwards:laughing7:) I guess that can be debated too.

I like your answer. Though personally i prefer not to involve myself with those arguments. That in when you go into the philosophical side of paranormality and supernaturality. A place of very heated debates and extensive arguments for simple conclusions.

Also you must be talking about the spiritualist movement and the many attractions that it brung. What are your thoughts on it? I would like to hear your view.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I do as well, but as i have previously stated, i do believe there are things to extensive for science to explain, and it would be better to comply with logic and reason for our own sanity. :laughing7:
"SANITY" is your MATRIX...? Best to state if West AND East "CULTURAL" focus is being considered... SANITY... LOL!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C
Dec 18, 2015
Anomalous Archives
Primary Interest:
Other
"SANITY" is your MATRIX...? Bet to state if West AND East "CULTURAL" focus is being considered... SANITY... LOL!

Sanity is not the specific reason for my belief in using logic and reason to come to an explanation. It comes from the philosophy that science has limited capability, just as our brains do. Something we create can only ever amount to ourselves in its purest form, something that can never be achieved do to human error. Yet logic and reasoning can be sharpened and can be brought to its purest form more easily than what we normally use to come to conclusions about the world around us. Yet even then the universe is bigger than us, so big that we only ever see one small part of a very large picture. Imagine what a city looks like to an ant. It may go it's whole lifetime exploring, yet only see a few blocks of land. It is the same to us. Yet with how human's lives are set up, we tend to barely be able to comprehend what is in our everyday lives.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread