Scientifically Unexplained Events in Modern Day and History

In which time do you think "weird" events most appear?

• Modern Day

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • History

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Ancient History

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Pre-History

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! Psychology...? Wish "Higher Ed" had this Years, ago... PARANORMALITY! I have a Major in Psychology, Minor in Religion; Masters (Education) in Counseling Psychology. If UVA (University of Virginia) ever offer a Doctor of Education in PARANORMALITY... I'm GOING!
ANOTHER "branch" of Psychology that didn't exist, when I got my degrees, is... COGNITIVE Psychology... DANG! THAT would be FUN!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HA! Psychology...? Wish "Higher Ed" had this Years, ago... PARANORMALITY! I have a Major in Psychology, Minor in Religion; Masters (Education) in Counseling Psychology. If UVA (University of Virginia) ever offer a Doctor of Education in PARANORMALITY... I'm GOING!

Yes! But psychology does play into it too. Or maybe I'm using the wrong word? Social engineering maybe? I don't know, I think all kinds of things play into it depending on "Event". I thought there was a school that did study the Paranormal? Maybe I'm thinking of Casey Institute? My memory sucks, It's been a while I might have things all mixed up! lol :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yes! But psychology does play into it too. Or maybe I'm using the wrong word? Social engineering maybe? I don't know, I think all kinds of things play into it depending on "Event". I thought there was a school that did study the Paranormal? Maybe I'm thinking of Casey Institute? My memory sucks, It's been a while I might have things all mixed up! lol :laughing7:
Yer thinking of Edgar Cayce... GREAT GUY! Been to ARE in Va. Beach, Virginia... MANY TIMES!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yer thinking of Edgar Cayce... GREAT GUY! Been to ARE in Va. Beach, Virginia... MANY TIMES!

Yes, I had fun reading his stuff, or about him. It's been years now, so I don't remember much, just Ideas.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure if their was a real point to make either. :laughing7:
But i did see the point made that people can perceive things in the wrong way, and that it can easily be the trick of the mind.
Quite frankly i believe this can be the case, but there are a vast array of events that such a "simple" answer could never amount to the large amount of evidence and mystery behind it.
I believe personally that with a little reasoning you can easily tell what is fake and what is real. Yet if we just pass things off as natural, we will miss the whole picture.

The hessdalen Lights did not get recognition for nothing.

I'm not sure if I've ever heard of the Hessdalen lights before, or if I did I didn't remember. That is a cool...I've been looking into that for a few minutes tonight.

OP
OP
C
Dec 18, 2015
Anomalous Archives
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeff that hardly qualifies as one of the EASY ones! In fact that is one of the greater mysteries of the Universe! :laughing7:

Cryptic Librarian, I am sure that my buddy REB meant no offense in asking about your credentials, and understand 100% about not wishing to post that information publicly. From your first post, I got the impression that you were perhaps working on a study that might be published some day. Some of us are not academics, as you can tell I am not. Just wanted to clarify that things are pretty informal here.

Tea though, rather than coffee? Well then may I offer you a virtual cup of tea?

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: <Coffee for me and mi amigo REB however! :thumbsup:>

I do understand that his intention was not to offend me. I just prefer to pull up the facts of how i view things beforehand as to clear up later misconceptions :thumbsup:. Actually this post is also linked to my upcoming podcast in which will surround paranormal events and the supernatural. Therefore when i found out that this site has a paranormal section i decided to jump onto it and try to make some conversation.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been trying to think of an event past or present. One was the "Moth MAN" .they made a movie and it was based on actual events. A group of us went to Point Pleasant to check it out. We hung out there a few days and asked questions. We went to the Dynomite factory which was abandoned and over grown. Or at least we were told that is what it was. Some of the locals told us it was a few guys that use to mess with people "parking" or that were in the parking lot doing drugs. Whatever it was we never saw it. That was in 97 or 98. somewhere in there.

So I guess that could be a past event that at the time the people that saw it thought it was something unexplainable.

I'm trying to think of others, most of what I looked for were local legends or Ghosts from the area I lived.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothman

Also went to the "Stairway to Heaven" in Ohio. I did have a weird experience there. But it can still be written off as anything. Nothing on tape or film. But when leaving, walking away from the statue and down the steps, I was last in line, with a girl beside me. We had our arms kind of interlocked, we were about half way down and I thought I heard something running up behind us. At first I was just thinking it was an animal, but it got louder and louder,closer and closer, when I thought it was right on us I spun her around I moved so fast to look. She heard it too, Never did figure out if it was just an animal or what. Interesting place. Either way it gave us something to all talk about. :laughing7: And of course everything is exaggerated when your in the dark and it's quiet. It could have been an acorn rolling down hill and because of or heightened senses sounded "HUGE".:laughing7:
Here's a link I found doing a quick search, first one I found....I don't recommend anyone going there with out permission. We were young and dumb and should have respected the churches property, even though we didn't hurt anything it's still trespassing.

The Quest Team Paranormal Investigations Forum

I'm not sure if your looking for Famous events or just any.

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do understand that his intention was not to offend me. I just prefer to pull up the facts of how i view things beforehand as to clear up later misconceptions :thumbsup:. Actually this post is also linked to my upcoming podcast in which will surround paranormal events and the supernatural. Therefore when i found out that this site has a paranormal section i decided to jump onto it and try to make some conversation.
We all know Reb, his style, his ways, we're used to him (and love him), lol. Glad you're intuitive and not thin-skinned. I was kinda teasing with Reb about my experiences...... :tongue3: He knows me, too. :laughing7:
I didn't answer your poll yet, as the answer is "NOW", now is when the most inexplicable things are happening. Not too much worried and past events (other than for learning/knowledge sake), future events...... well, see my "sig". :laughing7:
It's in the NOW, that actually matters most, imho.

Interestingly enough, my friend Dr Micheal Ryce called and woke me this morning. Him and the Mrs are in Fl doing their circuit, will be in Laud and H'wood next week. We both learned and were taught (him more intently) from the Yonan Codex and Laws for Living founders, yrs yrs back. He usually works with B Lipton, Braden, and those fellas, as far as I know. For me, it keeps going back to the "brain stuffs". Here's his link, just for fyi, stuffs.
Why Is This Happening To Me... AGAIN?! - Free AudioBook Downloads!

Not sure if that could help/assist with your knowledge, podcasty thingy, just info, what ya'll do with it.......

Reb, you know my Mom had a reading from Cayce, back in the 30's early 40's. Me and Ms. Olive(I think was her name)at the A.R.E poured over relative readings trying to find it, no luck. I know it's got to be there, somewhere. As we had the only other copy, EC/gd, Gladys transcripted it. Mom actually passed, some 40 yrs later, from issues he had pinpointed. :notworthy: I so totally trust E.C., above and beyond many......

CL, have you got "specific" questions to ask? As you may can see, we all can take a topic and run around the universes with it. :laughing7: :laughing7: (and yes, I did time-trip the universe with Brad Steiger, Heinlein, Sid, and a few others) :laughing7:
You may need to help us, (more like me and nitric, no offense nitric, coffee? LOL), get focused. :icon_scratch:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
We all know Reb, his style, his ways, we're used to him (and love him), lol. Glad you're intuitive and not thin-skinned. I was kinda teasing with Reb about my experiences...... :tongue3: He knows me, too. :laughing7:
I didn't answer your poll yet, as the answer is "NOW", now is when the most inexplicable things are happening. Not too much worried and past events (other than for learning/knowledge sake), future events...... well, see my "sig". :laughing7:
It's in the NOW, that actually matters most, imho.

Interestingly enough, my friend Dr Micheal Ryce called and woke me this morning. Him and the Mrs are in Fl doing their circuit, will be in Laud and H'wood next week. We both learned and were taught (him more intently) from the Yonan Codex and Laws for Living founders, yrs yrs back. He usually works with B Lipton, Braden, and those fellas, as far as I know. For me, it keeps going back to the "brain stuffs". Here's his link, just for fyi, stuffs.
Why Is This Happening To Me... AGAIN?! - Free AudioBook Downloads!

Not sure if that could help/assist with your knowledge, podcasty thingy, just info, what ya'll do with it.......

Reb, you know my Mom had a reading from Cayce, back in the 30's early 40's. Me and Ms. Olive(I think was her name)at the A.R.E poured over relative readings trying to find it, no luck. I know it's got to be there, somewhere. As we had the only other copy, EC/gd, Gladys transcripted it. Mom actually passed, some 40 yrs later, from issues he had pinpointed. :notworthy: I so totally trust E.C., above and beyond many......

CL, have you got "specific" questions to ask? As you may can see, we all can take a topic and run around the universes with it. :laughing7: :laughing7: (and yes, I did time-trip the universe with Brad Steiger, Heinlein, Sid, and a few others) :laughing7:
You may need to help us, (more like me and nitric, no offense nitric, coffee? LOL), get focused. :icon_scratch:
NICELY stated, "Cat"; glad ya had an "EC experience", and yer mom is fine... we ALL are SPIRITS having Human Experiences; Good, Bad, Ugly. SPIRITS are FOREVER! Human Forms return "to the dust" & that is why I chose CREMATION; LOFT "me" (ashes) off of Loft Mountain of the Shenandoah National Park... (Singing FREE AS A BIRD - Paul, George, Ringo; with John Lennon as SPIRIT). Or you can sing FREE BIRD... Heh.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OR... I MAY become a "Healing Rattle" for Native ppl to use in Healing Rituals; I have screws & metal strip in a REBUILT Rt. ankle; take 'em out before cremating the rest of the Human Form; mix with ashes & put in nice Urn. If my wife keeps it... gonna rattle all night long, OR... sing 99 Bottles of Beer, on the Wall. Heh!

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Be happy. Ignorance
Is bliss.

AAAaah that ain't necessarily true - if it were, then I should be ecstatic! :BangHead: :laughing7:

Please do continue,

Sock coffee amigos?
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2: <tea for those whom prefer it of course, and cold brewskis as well :occasion14:>

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Background: raised by Southern Baptists, Dad born 1926, Mom (born 1919) she was church secretary most my life. (I believe also closet Gnostics). Was raised around faith healers, believers, and books. Worked elementary school library for 5 yrs. Read EVERYTHING, from ancient Indian texts(vedas,etc), Thoth, Egyptian & Tibetan Books of the Dead, Buddha, Kabbalah, Edgar Cayce, Mythology, schooled in Aramaic/ME mind-sets, and traveled the world/mind with the greats(Plato, Socrates, Marco Polo, etc.... even Pippi Longstockings, lol) I've read much(almost everything) on the sacred text dot com site, from Alchemy to Zoroaster. That may just scratch the surface.......

So it's been a quest for truth, myself, and God (Alaha, Aramaic). I've had a lifetime of "unexplained phenomenon", from self-healing, out of body experiences, mental telepathy, remote viewing, visions, audible responses, the latest and best(2011), was a full kundalini awakening the day following, a night of visions(not dreams) and chakra self attunement(kinda like Thekla had to do herself, cause who is actually worthy to baptize/ordain/cleanse(?)).
I see it as, God came down to my temple, and not only did "flames of fire" dance upon my head, my naphsha was filled with it's own over flowing well(a gift?). It was the freakiest thing ever happened to date..... :notworthy:
(and yes, I've consulted experts to rule out mental illnesses, as a crazy person doesn't question their sanity, do they?, lol)

So, yes, being of the contention that it may start(or have roots in) with the brain, as I appreciate the works of Norman Doidge,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Doidge

David Eagleman,
David Eagleman

Lynn McTaggard,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynne_McTaggart

as they seek to find the "scientific" reasonings, behind so-called "phenomenon".
I try to follow quantum mechaniching(?)(is that even a word), such as questions like, "does consciousness create the brain, or the brain create consciousness"(I feel I already know the answer, but can't "prove" it)? As from the old discovery yrs back, that they are just now finding recent evidentiary proof of......
Quantum Vibrations Evidence For Theory Of Consciousness?

I also practice deep meditation, prayer, connecting/unconnecting, vibration/sound, emploring and utilizing the power of, what we call, "God", for all and good. (if the "power" is not working for us, it's not the "powerss" fault, we must not be using it properly and need to learn/correct......)
We are but still babes in this field, imho, and have much to learn(or rediscover) and grow towards.

There is an underlying force/being/entity/spirit/quantum field, that because we don't SEE it, we tend to discount it. But, much like the wind(whose effect we can see, without seeing the source) is evident, if one has their eyes/ears/being open to it. Even Ms Oroblancos' asking of reincarnation, is that not only quantum conscious cellular memory...... :dontknow:
It's about finding the proper connections. We have this tool of the brain, that we use to perceive and experience, all we have brought in to existence. If there is nothing new under the sun, do we have the capability to bring in to existence/understanding, those things which we can not see or explain?
It's about making the connections......

View attachment 1258551

Sometimes, it feels I have studied and read too much, and much of it, at such a young age, I sometimes have difficulty retrieving my brain files...... the labyrinth is pretty intricately complicated...... thus, I try to be and stay, a simpleton.
Not sure if these are some of the lines the op may be looking towards, but, thought I'd at least throw it out there.
I only had 3/4's of a pot of coffee, today. :laughing7:
You drink "Regular" or "Decaf"... HA! GREAT "post" "Cat"! BRAIN SCIENCE is very INTERESTING to me, also...AND! Quantum Physics... of the "EASTERN Kind"; DANCING WU WU Master is a GREAT book, and MANY others from EASTERN Science & Religions. ALSO read MANY books on PSYCHIC Discoveries by the Russians in the late 70's & early 80's; US Army Intelligence & STAR GATE was a "BIGGIE" for me then, also. Being near/living in Charlottesville, Va. (UVA) was the MOST Spiritual/Creative period of my life 1980-1985; going from the Creative Living Institute of the Shenandoah Valley to the QUEST Institute in Ch'ville... in the UVA Society for Human Potential, creating the RAINBOW NETWORK "booklet" of "New Age Resources" (now they have ECHO newspaper... GREAT!). Met ppl of Different Faiths/Beliefs/Spiritualities (even Pagans & Witches/Wizards)... listened to lectures by George Ritchie, Ian Stevenson, Raymond Moody (knew him PERSONALLY, at that time... been to his house & saw the Rocking Chair that he wrote LIFE AFTER LIFE, in... Raymond & family were GREAT ppl! And Raymond was/is Funny as h*ll! He was Sheriff (my last name) from Billytown, GA. He played a trick me & my ex-wife at one of his lectures in the Shenandoah Valley, pretending to be a cousin of mine from Billytown, Ga. Once I found out who he was... we "hit it Off" GREATLY, became "friends"... THOSE WERE DA DAYS! THEN, Nov., 1992... Brain Surgery "gone bad"... "Clinical Death"; 2 1/2 months in "locked-in-state" COMA, with AFTER-LIFE; family & friends... including my older sister who became my GUARDIAN ANGEL after my birth & "first death" enroute to the hospital in 1951. We were BOTH R-h Neg. babies; SHE became my Guardian Angel, who kicked my "Spirit" back into the Human Form; I then spent 3 months at UVA Hospital... bonding with the nurses there. Heh!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I think had 2 pots of coffee already! What else do you want to talk about? :laughing7: The first person I run into today is in big trouble if they don't like to talk!:laughing7:
Heh... BRAIN SCIENCE & HUMAN FORM use of Physical Body (organs,etc.) to "sense" events of peculiar kinds...
Spirit Body does not need organs; just a LIGHT BODY, the size of a GOLF BALL. I was "different" growing up... seeing/hearing "PSYCHIC"; now being a TBI Survivor... these events are my NEW "NORMAL"; wife is "freaked" out by all of it, & is just beginning to "see & hear".

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The "point" of the above "post" is that ONLY the Human Form has a BRAIN to "sense" & use for organs "to live". If the brain is injured at birth, result is developmental disabilities. The BRAIN is like a RECEIVER in a RADIO... gotta tune it; if "Receiver" is broken... very limited reception/use. SOMETIMES, tuning the "Receiver" (as in MEDITATION) will result in "getting what you want", and/or living in the THETA Brain-wave "state" in which EPK (Events of a Pecular Kind) can happen. ALL of this info is from my AFTER-LIFE EXPERIENCE; DANG... I should write a BOOK! Heh...

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
In what way would my credentials change the simple discussion of events of this nature?

Though i would prefer not to disclose my credentials i am a librarian currently working in a small private library with a decently large collection.
I had the knowledge and ability to pursuit larger and more statured fields, yet i admire a simple lifestyle and decided that such would allow me more time and resources for my research.

I do not know to what credentials i would be at, as i have been tutored by many associates in their respective fields and have done hours of extensive self research in many different fields.

Many of my associates lovingly joke that i am a "Jack of All Trades", as my many projects bring me to all fields of science respectively at some point.

But as you can probably tell, my main research involves unexplained events of the supernatural nature. Things that science cannot fully explain or figure out.

(P.S I would prefer not to list out the fields i have studied into as the array may seem unbelievable to some and would come under scrutiny. I am also one who does not care for credentials as long as you have the basic knowledge, the ideal logic and common sense, and a will to learn.
Interesting.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rhine Institute at Duke University in NC...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread