Scout camp gives another silver ring and 8 cob coin (replicas)

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOTE: I am posting several days worth at this time because the system was down and it takes this old guy a little while to figure out the changes to the site. I hope these work ok.:icon_scratch::icon_scratch:🤞

I went back to work at the scout camp and detect one of the Cub Scout sites I started a while back. The targets were not as plentiful as last time, but I did find some interesting things.

In 6.5 hour of swingin the CZ21 I managed to find 120 coins with a face value of $7.47, 36 camp tent pegs, more teeth from the rock grinder, several different kinds of token (many more than normal), a knob from the top of a lantern, the brass half a belt hanger for a knife, a pile of sinkers, 9 rope tensioners, a Webelos scientist pin, a Bobcat pin, a pin back, a Cub Scout neckerchief slide, a stainless necklace, 8 cob coin replicas, a silver ring and melted aluminum from the campfires.

BF94F5D4-595C-4B0C-9C33-BDA5333365CF.jpeg

64993FFA-92F5-46C0-AD48-1AE134A3D81B.jpeg

The cobs and tokens are normal finds here, but it is unusual to find more than 2 or 3 at a time. This trip they were much more plentiful. The silver ring looks like a homemade job. It is poorly constructed and the joints have excess silver solder so the ring is rough on the finger.

AB645D5E-2F4E-4248-81F3-714184B166C1.jpeg

655035E0-7C24-4DC3-BBCD-2AF347800E4C.jpeg

C5CE7468-CCEA-4F58-A3FA-BEE2BEBA610E.jpeg

Not my best hunt, but any hunt at the scout camp with silver is a good one and the variety of finds was good as well. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 6

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keeps on giving! Way to go.Just a thought,but I wonder how they pitched the tents the next time out?Seems they lost all the tent pegs.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NOTE: I am posting several days worth at this time because the system was down and it takes this old guy a little while to figure out the changes to the site. I hope these work ok.:icon_scratch::icon_scratch:🤞

I went back to work at the scout camp and detect one of the Cub Scout sites I started a while back. The targets were not as plentiful as last time, but I did find some interesting things.

In 6.5 hour of swingin the CZ21 I managed to find 120 coins with a face value of $7.47, 36 camp tent pegs, more teeth from the rock grinder, several different kinds of token (many more than normal), a knob from the top of a lantern, the brass half a belt hanger for a knife, a pile of sinkers, 9 rope tensioners, a Webelos scientist pin, a Bobcat pin, a pin back, a Cub Scout neckerchief slide, a stainless necklace, 8 cob coin replicas, a silver ring and melted aluminum from the campfires.

View attachment 1982882

View attachment 1982883

The cobs and tokens are normal finds here, but it is unusual to find more than 2 or 3 at a time. This trip they were much more plentiful. The silver ring looks like a homemade job. It is poorly constructed and the joints have excess silver solder so the ring is rough on the finger.

View attachment 1982884
View attachment 1982885

View attachment 1982886
Not my best hunt, but any hunt at the scout camp with silver is a good one and the variety of finds was good as well. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Congrats on the very productive hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread