Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the scout camp for my weekly hunt. No really great spots left, but some of the spots haven’t been done in a few years and people are always losing things and I expand the areas and go further out into the edges. I’m also go out into the areas between sites where some activities may have occurred over the years and hope to get lucky.

I spent 6.5 hours with the CZ21 cleaning up and expanding a campsite and doing a little wandering. All together I found 141 coins with a face value of $10.43, 30 camp tent pegs, an older style medicine bottle, 28 tokens, a Cub Scout medal, a Bobcat rank pin, 4 sinkers, 4 rope tensioners, 3 older style Cub Scout neckerchief slides some of the usual junk and a pile of melted aluminum from the campfires.

397A30D4-0F78-4994-A91F-360815FE6057.jpeg

As I left the truck I headed out into the woods on my way to the campsite. I got a strong high/bell tone signal that usually indicates an aluminum can. I dug it anyway and was surprised to see a plastic wrapped bundle. I tore it open and found what I thought at first was a pile of quarters. I took a closer look and saw they were tokens used as rewards for campers long ago. I looked through the pile and found a small medicine bottle and a stack of what looked like rotten tongue depressors. The tongue depressors had a piece of paper wrapped around them and that was covered by clear packing take. The tape is still in tact, the paper is mostly gone and the wood is mostly rotted away. You can see some writing on one piece, but the rest is illegible.

1F02EBFF-DF97-4813-9543-D50D412AC439.jpeg

77AA221A-B62B-40A7-B9FB-ED0349501EA6.jpeg

There were 22 tokens in the bundle. 2 different sizes of the rampant lion on a shield token with a sunburst on the back and one dollar sign token. The other 6 tokens were found in the campsite. 4 small and 1 larger rampant lion and one large American Eagle with NO CASH VALUE on the back.

ABF7D184-C889-447E-BCF7-79335CB10E35.jpeg

5E85FB1F-F5E6-4757-8DA4-9CDFDD1CE80F.jpeg

The bottle had a paper label and the mold seam goes all the way to the top so even though it had a cork top instead of a screw on lid it is a machine made bottle. My guess is probably from the 30s or 40s.

E92CD938-659A-41B4-9CF5-D97B4080DCE8.jpeg

I found the bundle at the base of a tree in the woods at the junction of 2 camp roads. My guess is this was a hidden prize during a pirate week for the cubs (each year they have a theme for the Cub week at camp). A den of Cubs was given clues to find it and it was never found until now.

Only my second cache and by far the best. It would have been nice if they were old coins instead of worthless tokens.

I made another trip to the civil war bullet school hoping for another goodie or 2. I did a grid in a section surrounded by areas where I have had good luck in the past and it ended up being beaver tail city. In 2 hours I dug 7 coins and over 30 beaver tails in that grid. I went to the other side of the school and extended a grid there and had decent coin luck but nothing good.

In 5 hours I found 59 coins with a face value of $1.95, the outer shell of a work knife, a Canadian penny, a folded over zinc penny, a key, lots of tabs, some can slaw and aluminum bottle caps.

955C96B2-53EA-4FB9-95C1-7C0DB3156CCA.jpeg

C50C6219-ED06-4A14-BD42-A978A64ABBF9.jpeg

So an ok week with rings to start and a cache for an interesting find and of course clad. I’ll be back in the water this week so hopefully I’ll get more goodies. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Attachments

• 17013DE1-63F6-4590-9ABD-4272F0F7F2BA.jpeg
    17013DE1-63F6-4590-9ABD-4272F0F7F2BA.jpeg
    461.7 KB · Views: 26
  • F9F2955A-4D78-4505-927D-179102A61E33.jpeg
    F9F2955A-4D78-4505-927D-179102A61E33.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 35
Upvote 16

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went to the scout camp for my weekly hunt. No really great spots left, but some of the spots haven’t been done in a few years and people are always losing things and I expand the areas and go further out into the edges. I’m also go out into the areas between sites where some activities may have occurred over the years and hope to get lucky.

I spent 6.5 hours with the CZ21 cleaning up and expanding a campsite and doing a little wandering. All together I found 141 coins with a face value of $10.43, 30 camp tent pegs, an older style medicine bottle, 28 tokens, a Cub Scout medal, a Bobcat rank pin, 4 sinkers, 4 rope tensioners, 3 older style Cub Scout neckerchief slides some of the usual junk and a pile of melted aluminum from the campfires.

View attachment 2042777

As I left the truck I headed out into the woods on my way to the campsite. I got a strong high/bell tone signal that usually indicates an aluminum can. I dug it anyway and was surprised to see a plastic wrapped bundle. I tore it open and found what I thought at first was a pile of quarters. I took a closer look and saw they were tokens used as rewards for campers long ago. I looked through the pile and found a small medicine bottle and a stack of what looked like rotten tongue depressors. The tongue depressors had a piece of paper wrapped around them and that was covered by clear packing take. The tape is still in tact, the paper is mostly gone and the wood is mostly rotted away. You can see some writing on one piece, but the rest is illegible.

View attachment 2042776

View attachment 2042782

There were 22 tokens in the bundle. 2 different sizes of the rampant lion on a shield token with a sunburst on the back and one dollar sign token. The other 6 tokens were found in the campsite. 4 small and 1 larger rampant lion and one large American Eagle with NO CASH VALUE on the back.

View attachment 2042779

View attachment 2042780

The bottle had a paper label and the mold seam goes all the way to the top so even though it had a cork top instead of a screw on lid it is a machine made bottle. My guess is probably from the 30s or 40s.

View attachment 2042778

I found the bundle at the base of a tree in the woods at the junction of 2 camp roads. My guess is this was a hidden prize during a pirate week for the cubs (each year they have a theme for the Cub week at camp). A den of Cubs was given clues to find it and it was never found until now.

Only my second cache and by far the best. It would have been nice if they were old coins instead of worthless tokens.

I made another trip to the civil war bullet school hoping for another goodie or 2. I did a grid in a section surrounded by areas where I have had good luck in the past and it ended up being beaver tail city. In 2 hours I dug 7 coins and over 30 beaver tails in that grid. I went to the other side of the school and extended a grid there and had decent coin luck but nothing good.

In 5 hours I found 59 coins with a face value of $1.95, the outer shell of a work knife, a Canadian penny, a folded over zinc penny, a key, lots of tabs, some can slaw and aluminum bottle caps.

View attachment 2042783

View attachment 2042785

So an ok week with rings to start and a cache for an interesting find and of course clad. I’ll be back in the water this week so hopefully I’ll get more goodies. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
That’s another nice mix of good relics. Congratulations

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2042777

View attachment 2042776

View attachment 2042782

View attachment 2042779

View attachment 2042780

View attachment 2042778

View attachment 2042783

View attachment 2042785

Very Cool!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread