Scubamike is back!

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Spring/The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter/Garrett GTI 2500
Lock up the valuables heeeeeeees back!

Got home from the hospital on Thursday night. Thanks so much for all the nice posts. I am still on some pretty cool drugs and have some down time so be ready for some of my more unusual posts! :tongue3:
Got a new shiny walker....started to call it "Walker" Texas Ranger but settled on Mz. Legs. Durning my drug induced down time I plan to "soup" her up. Stand by for the before and after shots!
Doc says staples come out on the 14th and Mz. Legs should be retired long before Thanksgiving. The cane is warming up in the bull pen and hopefully will soon be in the rotation. Thanks again for the thoufhts and prayers.

Mike

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Welcome Back.gif

qkslvr

Oct 27, 2006
The Woodlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD/Garrett AtPro/Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back! Instead of a cane, just use your detector :wink:

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
:wink: Just left you a comment on your other thread. Cant wait to see you back in action amigo!

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
scubamike said:
Lock up the valuables heeeeeeees back!

Got home from the hospital on Thursday night. Thanks so much for all the nice posts. I am still on some pretty cool drugs and have some down time so be ready for some of my more unusual posts! :tongue3:
Got a new shiny walker....started to call it "Walker" Texas Ranger but settled on Mz. Legs. Durning my drug induced down time I plan to "soup" her up. Stand by for the before and after shots!
Doc says staples come out on the 14th and Mz. Legs should be retired long before Thanksgiving. The cane is warming up in the bull pen and hopefully will soon be in the rotation. Thanks again for the thoufhts and prayers.

Mike

Welcome Back Mike!!! I was looking at the dates, wondering when you would show up again......save some of those drugs for our next hunt :thumbsup:....of course, we'll have to stay away from the salvation army spot.....mike get jacked for them!

I'm glad you home and I want to see some break-dancing next hunt!

OP
OP
scubamike

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
Come Monday (Nov 17th) it will be two weeks since my total hip replacement. Each day gets easier and I am now just needing a cane part time but not pushing it. I start physical therepy Monday (UGH) and back to work part time. I will know better when the detector can come back out after I talk to the therepist. I got a new garrett pinpointer just before the surgery and of course tried it out on the new hip. I beeped like crazy but I thought it might be the staples. Last Friday they pulled 16 staples out of me and of course I went straight home and pinpointed. I STILL BEEP! This is gonna be fun when I start going back to traveling. The people behind me at secuity at the airport are gonna love me!
Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. I hope to be back swingin the MD before year end!
BTW I am available for pinpointer testing from 2-5 pm mon -fri. :tongue3:

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
scubamike said:
Come Monday (Nov 17th) it will be two weeks since my total hip replacement. Each day gets easier and I am now just needing a cane part time but not pushing it. I start physical therepy Monday (UGH) and back to work part time. I will know better when the detector can come back out after I talk to the therepist. I got a new garrett pinpointer just before the surgery and of course tried it out on the new hip. I beeped like crazy but I thought it might be the staples. Last Friday they pulled 16 staples out of me and of course I went straight home and pinpointed. I STILL BEEP! This is gonna be fun when I start going back to traveling. The people behind me at secuity at the airport are gonna love me!
Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. I hope to be back swingin the MD before year end!
BTW I am available for pinpointer testing from 2-5 pm mon -fri. :tongue3:

;D ;D - My ankle beeps to Mike. Motorcross took its toll on me!

Glad to see the healing is going good Mike.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
;DAwwww yeahhhhh!!! Glad to see you back. Keep the chin up and you be back swinging in no time flat!!! Heal well Mike.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Mike,

Any real idea on when you will be able to hunt again?

We will have to put on a Mike back in the field hunt.

OP
OP
scubamike

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
I wish I knew. I'm taking it one day at a time. Physical Therapy says I should be good to go 6 weeks from the surgery so we are looking at mid December. Maybe we should wait until it warms up. But if the weather is good I'm up for it. thanks for checking on me!

Mike

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
scubamike said:
I wish I knew. I'm taking it one day at a time. Physical Therapy says I should be good to go 6 weeks from the surgery so we are looking at mid December. Maybe we should wait until it warms up. But if the weather is good I'm up for it. thanks for checking on me!

Mike

Glad to hear Mike, we will be waiting on you.

I picked up a dry suit the other day, I am jonesing for some bottom time somewhere!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread