Season 4

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time for a new thread...

Season 4 looks like it could be the best yet.

That old map seems very interesting if authentic. I really hope they do find something at the depression that seemed to be marked on the map. It was pretty amazing how close it was to the actual satellite image of oak island.

Really looking forward to them starting to dig in where they think the actual pit is.

A lot of 'teasers' but not much else this first episode. Still looking forward to the rest of it

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On another point raised.. They suggested that the new cypher they had was the same markings as the old one. But then the guy reckons his decipher software translated it as Portuguese. If this was the case and they were done by the same people using the same code how did the other one (the stone
from the money pit) get translated in English?......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
personally I found it pretty boring so Far.
But to be fair it was just the 1st. episode.
I just hope they do more digging then B.S.'ing this year.

I'd tell them to prove things or go home.
their imaginations keep getting in the way.

the Diver last season Told them there as nothing but a Rock in the Bottom of 10X
they started this season suggesting he was a liar or a fool :(
me Thinks the old man may be a bit senile from diving without proper air
years ago & is now & grabbing at Straws.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose everyone is allowed their own opinion :tongue3:
I still think he's wrong.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oak-island-map2.jpg

If this map is actually authentic it certainly adds a lot to the older legends of the island

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a kick out of checking this forum everyday to see how many people hate the show and think it is a joke but yet, keep track of what is going and or watch it every week. :dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a kick out of checking this forum everyday to see how many people hate the show and think it is a joke but yet, keep track of what is going and or watch it every week. :dontknow:

hate the show ?
Not me :dontknow:
I never watch shows I hate.

Disagree with the Shows Characters opinions ? Yes :thumbsup:
Think they are wasting their time with the Pits ? Yes :laughing7:

except maybe the Holy Hand grenade, in my opinion,
There is no Knights Templar Treasure .<that's a period]

Sorry But this is How I see the Templars

There may be treasures in the form of lost coins,
Hidden Pirate Treasure. & Lost relics there.
But except for lost relics from when certain areas were stripped out & re- covered over.
Nothing worthwhile will be found more then 3 feet deep.

do I Find the editors work very irritating ? Yes
Editors are Very irritating people.
They do more Repeating then showing new footage.
and the announcer should be fired too.
[if I was doing the show there would be No repeats after commercials.
that's what Rewind on the dvr is for if someones memory is that bad.
there would be no Cliff hangers. they just insult ones intelligence.
as do announcers . If someone can't see & hear & deduce what is going on.
TV is the least of their Problems
]

However... it is a Treasure Hunting Show ! That Trumps All :icon_thumright:

and I am willing to laugh or be proven wrong 8-)

Last edited:

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Jeff, it's to the point that nothing is happening, so the editors have to rehash after each commercial to fill the time slot.

This would be so much better if they tossed all the "reality" and just show some of the work being done. No they just listen to what now 30 different "experts" on their opinions of what went on, then go willy nilly digging and finding nothing. And of course we have the families that just in the nick of time pop up with some tid bit find that no one seemed to know about 3 years ago.

Some of the worst detective work that should have been done long before the first shovel hit the dirt. Just more proof that the brothers are loony, spending their money hand over foot, and now the tax payer's, on something they are clueless on finding.

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Just more proof that the brothers are loony, spending their money hand over foot, and now the tax payer's, on something they are clueless on finding.

I don't think they are spending their money but ours (canadian taxes). :censored:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they're again stooping to Philyaw/Pulitzer you know they are desperate to fill air time. They're getting an audience so the advertisers are happy. I haven't seen season 4 and only caught parts of the beginning of season 3.

I'm hoping they don't disturb anything of historical value because at this point it would be near impossible to gain any respectability among archaeologists and it would be completely dismissed.

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think ol' Dan B has already been down every road these guys are taking now and knows there is nothing to find, but if someone came by and offered you several million to buy half the rights to nothing...wouldn't you play along too?

Notice the new "Hatch" looks suspiciously like an old concrete septic tank? Near where a house has been forever and just now walked up to and 'discovered'? I bet they do find some artifacts there, as most old septics were filled in with junk when they became a trash dump...20th century artifacts...

But yeah...I keep watching... for the laughs...

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The map also brings into question why all the excitement over "the Hatch" and not a mention of the"vault in the base of the earth"...seems to be where a normal treasure hunter would look for hidden treasure to me...

Yet, not a word about it.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The map also brings into question why all the excitement over "the Hatch" and not a mention of the"vault in the base of the earth"...seems to be where a normal treasure hunter would look for hidden treasure to me...

Shh. That's for later in the season. Don't give it away!!!

bearcat6

Greenie
Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The women they had on said their relatives told them 3 treasure chests were found, maybe that's all there was.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep... I hope they do investigate the other features marked on that old map. I get the feeling that the series are not really sequential. They film for the whole time there and then cut up bits to make individual shows.

But I do agree I would be heading for the vault..... I suppose the dude thought he new where the hatch might be so makes sense to check it out first to see if the map is actually showing something.

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course another angle could be a map that was produced with known features of the island to give them something to keep the story line going...wouldn't be the first 'treasure map' to be faked...

Sorry..I'm a natural skeptic on things suddenly being so 'convenient' to the story and adding 'juice' to a show that was getting boring...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread