Season 4

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank God for Skeptics!

I think a vacation was warranted for you but I hope you're still lurking to read the thread.

It's easy for people to be convinced of something and feel insulted or attacked when others try to disprove what you believe. That's why politics get so heated. But when it comes to treasure hunting, skeptics and naysayers are an essential component to finding the truth. They may have a different perspective or evidence contrary to yours to help clear your own thoughts and ideas about the truth of a treasure.

But the best part about skeptics and naysayers is that they are not competitors in finding your treasure. Don't try to convince them with your evidence and don't take what they say personally. Analyze what they say and if you have evidence to the contrary, smile politely and wish them well. Don't try to convince them of the treasure lest they change their minds and find it before you do!

If mankind’s own imagination or fantasies had not challenged the desires to search out and solve the mysteries in front of him, then the great discoveries of our world would not have taken place.

The Wheel may not have been Invented, now found in everything from clocks to vehicles to turbines.

The World is Flat, would have discouraged Columbus from discovering America, and The Earth being the Center of the Universe, could have halted space exploration.

Ask a child to name an ancient Egyptian ruler and they will either say Cleopatra or Tutankhamen.

The reason for this is the excavation of the latter’s tomb by Howard Carter in 1922 in the Valley of the Kings. Such was the wealth of treasures and objects in the tomb, and Carter’s meticulousness, it took eight years to empty the tomb and transport its contents to Cairo.

Heinrich Schliemann would not have discovered Troy, along with the Mycenaean sites Mycenae and Tiryns from his idea that Homer's Iliad and Virgil's Aeneid, actually reflected historical events.

No... Skepticism only pushes on true discoverers to find the real truth to mysteries.

They realize the logical evidence discovered will weigh in their favor, and one day prove that something of great importance is or was buried at Oak Island.

Many Oak Island Money Pit Skeptics on this forum refuse to review the data relevant to the evidence presented.

They prejudge the evidence and those providing it because their limited perspective fails to understand how such things might actually have taken place.

Those who assert that there is no evidence for the Oak Island Money Pit, in spite of all the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, believe they know the truth without considering any of the facts, data or evidence provided and thus choose to be willfully ignorant to it.

Sceptics.jpg

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If mankind’s own imagination or fantasies had not challenged the desires to search out and solve the mysteries in front of him, then the great discoveries of our world would not have taken place.

The Wheel may not have been Invented, now found in everything from clocks to vehicles to turbines.

The World is Flat, would have discouraged Columbus from discovering America, and The Earth being the Center of the Universe, could have halted space exploration.

Ask a child to name an ancient Egyptian ruler and they will either say Cleopatra or Tutankhamen.

The reason for this is the excavation of the latter’s tomb by Howard Carter in 1922 in the Valley of the Kings. Such was the wealth of treasures and objects in the tomb, and Carter’s meticulousness, it took eight years to empty the tomb and transport its contents to Cairo.

Heinrich Schliemann would not have discovered Troy, along with the Mycenaean sites Mycenae and Tiryns from his idea that Homer's Iliad and Virgil's Aeneid, actually reflected historical events.

No... Skepticism only pushes on true discoverers to find the real truth to mysteries.

They realize the logical evidence discovered will weigh in their favor, and one day prove that something of great importance is or was buried at Oak Island.

Many Oak Island Money Pit Skeptics on this forum refuse to review the data relevant to the evidence presented.

They prejudge the evidence and those providing it because their limited perspective fails to understand how such things might actually have taken place.

Those who assert that there is no evidence for the Oak Island Money Pit, in spite of all the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, believe they know the truth without considering any of the facts, data or evidence provided and thus choose to be willfully ignorant to it.

View attachment 1415982

To date no one has ever produced evidence that treasure or anything out of the ordinary has ever existed on oak island. Just "tales" and "theories" based on "stories" provided by folks seeking investors to line their pockets.

All of the examples above are irrelevant. Those discoveries above were based on actual science and math while others were based on following empirical evidence to the finds (such as King Tut's tomb). None were based on fairy tales like we see with oak island.

Last edited:

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
To date no one has ever produced evidence that treasure or anything out of the ordinary has ever existed on oak island. Just "tales" and "theories" based on "stories" provided by folks seeking investors to line their pockets.

All of the examples above are irrelevant. Those discoveries above were based on actual science and math while others were based on following empirical evidence to the finds (such as King Tut's tomb). None were based on fairy tales like we see with oak island.

Troy was thought to be a myth from a book until somebody proved it wasn't

Attachments

• mindclosed.jpg
    mindclosed.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other

This is exactly that was said in the Hutton's video about artifacts even if you consider him like a ***hole.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well Now ya saw how Next weeks 2 Hour Show will End.
with a teaser that won't be explained Fully as another Dead end till next season :BangHead:

Cmon Jeff,

You were hoping that there was an answer to the mystery? From the History Channel?

They all seem to ignore the "French Connection" to this country's foundations don't they.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

At least you proposed a What If?

LOL

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Like a peer review for a scientific hypothesis. When you get one that can't be picked apart you get to call it a proper theory.

But for Oak Island we're still at the myths and legends stage.

I don't care about any gold because I won't be asked to share it - and won't bother asking. But historical knowledge we can all share without the finders having to give any of theirs away. So much better!

There is no Myth and Legend about the man who already proved that they are intentionally barking up the wrong tree.....

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off by 2 feet in one direction and 1 foot in the other. Two feet is enough to miss a stone entirely. It appears to be a lot more than the 1 degree of precision claimed.

The stone was three feet across, cut in half, smoothed over on one face, and had three hole marks.......

He measured, dug, and found the stone ..... while calculating the works from Shakespeare over the course of 8 years to "guess" one time...... and find what he was looking for....

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT

Your comments are euphemisms and downplaying the facts that he alone has proven the origins of this mystery and opened a door to legitimate research.

There have been no other discoveries based on calculations underground except for the discovery of other excavations and the materials of them......

So if Petter found the stone that relates to the puzzle like he did from a cipher in the works of Shakespeare, it appears he has made his way to the top of the list and HAS PROOF THAT IS BEING IGNORED

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a Mormon Wine.......LOL

Pun Intended

s-l300.jpg

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I watched the Sneak Peek for Tues and it has Gary back to help Jack go through the spoils from the new hole at the MP. Jack is so excited and should get a nomination for best supporting actor for sure! It looks like they find a piece or two of metal and one has a square hole in it. Looks to be a nail hole and in the old days they made square nails so it has to be old. What could it be? A sleeve from an old drill hole?

Then they showed the new hole at MP and the finally got through the metal that was obstructing them from digging so the opt for a smaller hammer grab so they wont damage the Arc or Chalice. They show some scoops coming out and say "What is that?" Looks like some metal bits but didn't get a good enough look at them to be sure.

Just enough of a teaser to get you to tune in tomorrow night. So on Wed we will either be going "Wow, did you see that?" Or "Can you believe they strung us along again and will make us wait till next season.... AGAIN!" Hope it is the first but it really doesn't matter to me as I watch this TV show for entertainment. Yes I hope they find something to either prove or disprove anything was ever on this island.

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This thread is like the show. Can't stop checking in much as I want to move on.

That metal bit found in the preview looks like the corner of an old chest to me.

Bothersome part is the lack of story flow. They're revisiting really old stuff by going back to the surface metal detecting. Terrible editing & storytelling. I get the sense they just threw hundreds of hours of video at some overwhelmed intern & the real "treasure hunt" in the show is finding the bits that matter. Then another intern is tasked to write the worst narration in the history of television.

Still, we're watching & talking about it, so they're doing something right.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eating_popcorn_tn_final.gif
Can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait - can't wait for the show Tuesday night!

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stock-photo-a-dog-peeking-into-a-dirt-hole-in-the-ground-165414167.jpg Could it be ? Fido's lost bone ? Hidden so securely that it would be impossible for him or any other canine to recover it ? Did Marty and the boys waste their time looking at Rocks when Fido only marked trees and fire hydrants ? What metal object could they have found ? Fido's missing license ? Stay tuned for 1hr & 57 minutes of rehashing everything you already saw and heard this season. 3 minutes of suspense at the end of the show will have you tuning in next season to waste what valuable time you have left on this earth. Could it be aliens ? They only remaining group they have not claimed to be there... Tune in. **Suckers**

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This thread is like the show. Can't stop checking in much as I want to move on.

That metal bit found in the preview looks like the corner of an old chest to me.

Bothersome part is the lack of story flow. They're revisiting really old stuff by going back to the surface metal detecting. Terrible editing & storytelling. I get the sense they just threw hundreds of hours of video at some overwhelmed intern & the real "treasure hunt" in the show is finding the bits that matter. Then another intern is tasked to write the worst narration in the history of television.

Still, we're watching & talking about it, so they're doing something right.

This is a bit like having poison ivy. You want to scratch but dont want to scratch. We all want to watch and have them find something but get annoyed at the constant rehashing as if everyone watching cant remember what happened 5 min ago....

They jump around like disorientated sheeple not knowing what way to go, what lead to follow, what hole to dig... can get a bit annoying. Not sure if it is an intern doing the editing but it does look/feel like that. But like you said, they seem to get us to watch another episode.

I am not sure about that metal bit looking like the corner of an old chest. It could be but I am going by the "standard" treasure chest we all see in movies and pics from old tales. Looks more to me like it could be part of a coring hole segment. Hope we find out an answer not the usual "hey what is this" and then they never talk about it or show any results. That is one of the most frustrating things on this show.

Is it Tuesday yet!!!!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Who is that? I will guess another guy who owns another close island with another story about gazillions in buried treasure and he will give them bros access for 18% of the goodies.... am I close? (Looks a bit like Bill Gates... maybe a lost copy of Windows 3.11 for workgroups on floppy!!!)

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just have one question for the person who posted this.....

Bills Smile.PNG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread