SEASON 8

Eagleman

Jun 8, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD-2, White's TDI-SL, My design of, PI detector, also BFO type detector, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's because there is NOTHING in the swamp other than trash from hundreds of years of common human activity....

Anything and everything that could be drilled, dug, and searched was done long before the laginas came along with their fictional tv show....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
News Flash!!!!

here is an "alleged" secret non-released photo from Oak Island...

_118414827_08.jpg

The Laginas as said to now be investigating whether the treasure was buried by Gollums...

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Very good article looking at the water analysis used for the "dump truck of silver claim"

https://archeothoughts.wordpress.co...ow-that-there-is-silver-buried-on-oak-island/

In summary, in the absence of local comparative data on zinc, copper, and silver concentration in ground water, and therefore relying on generally available information and on the history of the island, the values found by Lukeman and Spooner don’t immediately seem surprising, and there is no reason to assume that they indicate the presence of a silver hoard buried on Oak Island.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Been using that for quite awhile.
Good to see you keeping up with current events on these threads. :laughing7:
'NUFF SAID!

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll just drop this here - from "The Oak Island Mystery Solved..."

Latten is an alloy of copper and zinc resembling brass, ... Latten was one of the artifacts recovered from Hole B21 ... during the Becker Drilling Program of 1967. This piece of brass foil located there fits the definition perfectly, not to mention the documented recovery of primitive wire and brass from several boreholes in and around the Money Pit area...

Usually here I would turn it over to the DeHoax Janitorial Crew, but there's nothing left for them to do this time.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll just drop this here - from "The Oak Island Mystery Solved..."

Usually here I would turn it over to the DeHoax Janitorial Crew, but there's nothing left for them to do this time.

Just trash left from previous hoax promoting diggers.....

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just trash left from previous hoax promoting diggers.....

So, no chance that one of the South Sea trading companies had set up a metal mine / production site on Oak Island in the 1500-1600s? That they had to mine a significant quantity of material and haul it out by oxen over the stone trails?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, no chance that one of the South Sea trading companies had set up a metal mine / production site on Oak Island in the 1500-1600s? That they had to mine a significant quantity of material and haul it out by oxen over the stone trails?

No.....mines are not practical on small islands as it’s difficult to mine underwater.......

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mine on Virgin Gorda island never happened. It was a hoax also.

One of a very few exceptions. Since you watch the fictional drama show, not sure how you miss it whenever the laginas drill yet another guaranteed hole to treasure, that water is hit just a few feet down.

The again, you may be one of those who believe the templars came to the island and built a fantastic network of advanced flood tunnel traps which flood any and all holes dug to protect their treasure.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The mine on Virgin Gorda island never happened. It was a hoax also.

You're talking about an eight square mile island with a hill 435 ft above seal level vs a 1/5th sq. mi. island with a 36 ft "hill" above sea level. They had to use a gigantic steam-powered beam engine (c.1838) to keep the copper mine pumped out and they had to ship coal in to power it.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.monstersandcritics.com/tv/the-curse-of-oak-island-season-8-episode-24-silver-lining/

The assertion of a "dump truck full of silver being buried there" is plainly not true. If there was a vast quantity of silver buried it would of shown up when in season 5 when the did the geo tech drilling and metal detected the whole area. The metal detecting showed no large amounts of metal buried in the money pit area (even the small amounts they found resulted in them digging the large shafts and finding nothing). So how could a large hoard of silver been missed. It is simply not plausible.

How does their "expert" know how much water is in the holes he is testing? If he does not know what water volume exists then how could he know how much silver is needed to show the trace elements which are being claimed to be found?

This just looks like 'spin' to claim a reason for another wasted season.

Did none of the people in the room ask "How could all the holes we drilled not show a single pice of silver if there is a dump truck worth of silver buried there?"

Where do they find these "experts"?

0925151532a.jpg

By the Truckload

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of a very few exceptions. Since you watch the fictional drama show, not sure how you miss it whenever the laginas drill yet another guaranteed hole to treasure, that water is hit just a few feet down.

You forget the famous case of the tunnel Billy was following until the surrounding soil collapsed. He was at the maximum deep reach of the digger, 30-50 feet with no sign of water.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You forget the famous case of the tunnel Billy was following until the surrounding soil collapsed. He was at the maximum deep reach of the digger, 30-50 feet with no sign of water.
Yep.. The first water was reported at around 100 feet. But most of the water seems to originate closer to 200 foot. Of course now it is everywhere but earlier people could of dug to 100 foot or so without being flooded (before all the searchers joined up everything and the water is now everywhere).

It is possible that the depression where the pit was original dug could of been a sink hole. Where one of those large underground caverns collapsed during an earth tremor and soil liquefaction occurred causing the soil to fall into the collapsed cavern. This would of then gave the water access to the 100 foot level where it was first discovered by searchers.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I have always said if your the first people digging on an island or anywhere for that matter you stand a better chance of not hitting water then if your the 50th person after holes and tunnels have been dug all over the place and since flooded. Common sense to me...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His 7 year comment is a bit exaggerated - much of their material is no longer provable but derived from past destroyed finds. But their explanations are more firmly rooted in science than any of the others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread