Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, that's the problem with the show.

What they say can be easily checked and disproved now.

There is quite a lot that doesn't get shown either.

You asked why people would keep digging if they found no evidence of the treasure?

Here is the answer but you won't find this mentioned in any book as it doesn't help to maintain the mystery.

if you wish to argue you first need to acknowledge that just because you did not know that a reason/answer existed does not mean it doesn't exist. It just means you didn't know such records existed.

It also immediately disproves the repeated claim that though the '3 youths rambling on Oak Island' story is known to be factually incorrect 'there is nothing to say what really happened''.

(and this is just one of the numerous contemporaneous records that specify it)

View attachment 1989905
Not sure what point your trying to get across with this. Is it that the 3 boys were supposedly given a map? There is all kinds of stories out there as to how or why they started digging there, and this partial story is supposed to be the truth? Maybe it is but how are we to know at this point as with the many other articles that have been written over the years..

If the Gold Cross is real or just very very old I can see how a family member might have had a jeweler add the chain to it to be able to wear it. It could have easily not have been a part of it originally..

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water samples tested 2021 (for Gold) at and around Oak Island.All tests results = concentration ,parts per billion...
Local seawater tested at 0.010
Local fresh water tested at....0.005
F-4 drill site test...0.044 for Gold and 0.042 for Silver
The gold particles on the 'Chappell Vault' fragment are also interesting.

But no one is talking about the twisted decorative lead object found last week?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold particles on the 'Chappell Vault' fragment are also interesting.

But no one is talking about the twisted decorative lead object found last week?
I would almost bet the sand and dirt around Oak Island registers about 0.04 or better everywhere. Their analyst proves absolutely nothing. When and if they pull up gold coins or silver coins by the bag full then everyone may believe them until then it is just guess work.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would almost bet the sand and dirt around Oak Island registers about 0.04 or better everywhere. Their analyst proves absolutely nothing. When and if they pull up gold coins or silver coins by the bag full then everyone may believe them until then it is just guess work.
And SOME probably wont even believe it then . :icon_scratch:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one would not believe as the money they have spent they could have already bought two Gerhardt Dump Trucks loads of gold and silver.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Monetary value and historical value are two different things. The way they are going about digging like a bunch of hoolighans digging clams precludes ANYTHING they come up with as having historical value (Damn the "History" Channel). But if they ever find anything of significant monetary value I will be the first to admit I was wrong and there was treasure hidden on the Island. ""Treasure" being a value sufficient to set up a 25 year old so they would not have to work again - say a current value of two million dollars; just to pick a number.

So far we're over eight years in - 225 years or so - and it's been a yawner as far as value.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More to the point is when will the "True Believers" accept that they have dug up the whole area and found nothing and that there is no treasure buried there waiting to be found!

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a "skeptical believer" and I'm at that point as I have pretty much always believed that it has already been found. Can't prove it and have no real evidence as to believe that but I do..

Sure there's the gold cross and it has probably been tested and the results didn't come back favorable to the story line, but till we know that for sure it is pretty much the only evidence of treasure being found on OI...

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water samples tested 2021 (for Gold) at and around Oak Island.All tests results = concentration ,parts per billion...
Local seawater tested at 0.010
Local fresh water tested at....0.005
F-4 drill site test...0.044 for Gold and 0.042 for Silver
They plan on sinking (4) 10 food Dia. cans in the F-4 and C-1 locations By the end of this season, WE shall SEE whats, what. Numbers above provided by the 2 Geo-scientists on the S-9 E-1 airing.
Is this all a hoax ? Are these #s a lie ? Maybe you should question them .

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still say the Laginas will find nothing in any holes on the East of Oak Island. The treasure was buried on the West End.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still say the Laginas will find nothing in any holes on the East of Oak Island.
Calvin.gif

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week's show:
In a find that has the skeptics dancing, they put the 'Chappell Vault' fragment under a scanning electron microscope and found pyrite.

In another exciting find, they found wood at 94 feet in borehole B4.

CCH and Miꞌkmaq first nations put a hold/stop dig order on most of the island except for the money pit. Again I'm torn: CCH wants to ensure archeological information is preserved but I can't see why they're stopping properly recorded research. There's no way these artifact areas would be found if not for a project as large as the Laginas.

[ Despite my humorous take in the first sentences above, I found this week's show interesting and plenty of content: worth watching. No Templars appeared in this week's 'could it be?' segment! ]

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember reading somewhere a heap of pyrite was mined on OI at some time in the past

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The found some gold/copper/silver alloy too in addition to the pyrite.
Yes, and it's a Rose Gold alloy which is not naturally occurring in the soil! Rose Gold is not useful as a drill bit, so it's hard to claim it came from a searcher. Rose Gold is not documented as a component of pine tar kilns either.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, and it's a Rose Gold alloy which is not naturally occurring in the soil! Rose Gold is not useful as a drill bit, so it's hard to claim it came from a searcher. Rose Gold is not documented as a component of pine tar kilns either.
I watched this episode on the basis of your recommendation.

What they 'found'' was a minute trace of gold when magnified tens of thousand times under an electron microscope. I seem to remember them finding a gold plated button (cannot remember if the was gold plated copper) in an earlier episode in a hole near C1 (or from C1). It seems very small evidence of gold being in the hole.

I totally agree it sucks that as soon as they find some interesting arkeological evidence they get stopped from investigating the find even though they have proper archaeologists doing the dig..

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it interesting and amusing at times.
I think that a sacrifice needs made to end the curse. Maybe the annoying expert detectorist covered in Bobby dazzlers ???

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What they 'found'' was a minute trace of gold when magnified tens of thousand times under an electron microscope. I seem to remember them finding a gold plated button (cannot remember if the was gold plated copper) in an earlier episode in a hole near C1 (or from C1). It seems very small evidence of gold being in the hole.

Even though it was a fragment, assuming that they measured the alloy accurately it's hard to explain how the fragment ended up on the metal. I don't recall them finding any gold plated items near C1. They did find gold leaf on one of the jewelry items found near the surface by Gary. The 'gold knob' found in the swamp was brass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread