Season 9

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
They've been putzing around for 10 years. They could have just dug the whole place up layer by layer long ago for less money if they had just skipped the obsession with drilling. Also, when they find what they think might be a collapsed shaft, why don't they put a can down to that depth then start excavating horizontally to follow it and prove it. They can shore it up as they go, just like any other mining excavation.

The writing along the right side of that image of the Hedden Map looks like the writing on the Zena map.
Which Hedden map are you talking about?

Research has indicated perhaps the existence of 3 he had but the story that was promoted was that he had one (in fact what has been found now is revealing a totally different story to what has been told about Hedden and what he did).

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's unknown. Often people suggest that a single 200X200 would definitively answer the question. But the probability drops as more of the area is honeycombed and nothing is found but fragments of the Chappell Vault.
The entire fictional money pit area has been dug wider than 200 and 100+ deep. Of course the hoax believers say, ā€˜they were just a few inches off from finding he treasureā€.

Oscar Goldman

May 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The entire fictional money pit area has been dug wider than 200 and 100+ deep. Of course the hoax believers say, ā€˜they were just a few inches off from finding he treasureā€.
Yep, they may find nothing. But it's interesting to watch them try to conquer the challenge of finding what caused a large man made construction effort over 90 ft deep and several hundreds of years ago.

Definitely proved its not just searcher work going on. So with that knowledge, If they can afford to do it, why wouldn't they search it?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, they may find nothing. But it's interesting to watch them try to conquer the challenge of finding what caused a large man made construction effort over 90 ft deep and several hundreds of years ago.

Definitely proved its not just searcher work going on. So with that knowledge, If they can afford to do it, why wouldn't they search it?
Thatā€™s the issueā€¦..no 90 foot deep construction project has ever been found as well as any evidence of it.

The only deep holes were created by the Blankenships and other hoax promoters.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There has never been any evidence of a man made construction project below 90 feet ever being found.

In the first reports (from published material in the 1850s) the most that is reported is some coconut fibers, some marks on the sides of the hole that suggested humans were there (The wood platforms that were found only went to around 20 or 30 feet). An unusual looking stone that had some shallow marks on it.

All the other finds in the pit region were most likely just leftovers of earlier searchers and wishful thinking...

NO ONE ever found any evidence of pre-searcher man made constructions below 90 feet....

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going out on a limb but I predict that those watching the fictional show tonight will find that no treasure is foundā€¦.
According to this website

There are 4 more episodes (counting the one tonight)... Given the last episode is called "A Boatload of Clues" that does not sound like any treasure is going to be found this season...

So I imagine we will have to wait for at least Season 10 for them to find the treasure......

In the first 9 seasons they have found: Old wood and some old rusted metal. Its only taken the laginas 149 episodes to find that...

But next season they will have worked out the right place to dig and then we will see all that Templar/Spanish/Aztec/Inca/Roman/Pirate gold... for sure. :icon_thumright:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The laginas will probably do another show of some sort like, ā€œbeyond hoax islandā€ for the gullible masses in order to milk more money out of advertisers while chasing more fictional treasure claims.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The laginas will probably do another show of some sort like, ā€œbeyond hoax islandā€ for the gullible masses in order to milk more money out of advertisers while chasing more fictional treasure claims.
That is already in the works. It is to run soon with Little Marty as host like last year. I can not believe how they can continue this for another year? Totally ridiculous.

Kate~ScienceNerd

Dec 3, 2021
Maybe I'm just oblivious, but I don't see the rationale for anyone to spend decades of their lives perpetuating a "hoax" and going broke in the meantime. The only people who seemed to derive any financial profit from being on the island were Samuel Ball and Anthony Graves, neither of whom promoted any of the searches.

Everyone else went broke. The Onslow Company went broke. The Truro Company went broke. The Oak Island Treasure Company went broke. Bowdoin went broke. Hedden ran out of money when he fell afoul of the IRS for other business dealings and went bankrupt. Hamilton didn't go broke but his search was interrupted by WWII. The Chappells spent a lot of money but seem to be the only ones who didn't lose their shirts. The Restalls lived in a shack and could barely buy groceries. Dunfield quit when he couldn't raise the money to buy the island from MR Chappell. David Tobias went broke. Nolan and Blankenship spent a fortune on their legal feud. Dan Blankenship had to stop work multiple times because he had no money. Did the Blankenships profit enough from selling their lots to the Laginas to justify spending 50 years of their lives on that rock?

If this is the world's longest running hoax, it's been orchestrated by an awful lot of incompetent hoaxers who were left with nothing for their efforts. Did the Restalls risk their lives for a hoax?

As for the Laginas, they're there because Rick is just as obsessed with the mystery as the Chappells and Dan Blankenship. Marty is walking like he needs a hip replaced. I don't believe he's invested his time, money, and health in a hoax when he's got his fingers in so many other pies. Maybe they're crap treasure hunters, but I don't think they're hoaxers.

As for the "Boatload of Clues" episode, per FB posts earlier this summer by Causeway Karen, they were doing a lot of diving around the island. We haven't seen anything about that yet, so maybe that's the subject of this episode. The next-to-final episode is "Chamber of Secrets," BTW.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe I'm just oblivious, but I don't see the rationale for anyone to spend decades of their lives perpetuating a "hoax" and going broke in the meantime. The only people who seemed to derive any financial profit from being on the island were Samuel Ball and Anthony Graves, neither of whom promoted any of the searches.

Everyone else went broke. The Onslow Company went broke. The Truro Company went broke. The Oak Island Treasure Company went broke. Bowdoin went broke. Hedden ran out of money when he fell afoul of the IRS for other business dealings and went bankrupt. Hamilton didn't go broke but his search was interrupted by WWII. The Chappells spent a lot of money but seem to be the only ones who didn't lose their shirts. The Restalls lived in a shack and could barely buy groceries. Dunfield quit when he couldn't raise the money to buy the island from MR Chappell. David Tobias went broke. Nolan and Blankenship spent a fortune on their legal feud. Dan Blankenship had to stop work multiple times because he had no money. Did the Blankenships profit enough from selling their lots to the Laginas to justify spending 50 years of their lives on that rock?

If this is the world's longest running hoax, it's been orchestrated by an awful lot of incompetent hoaxers who were left with nothing for their efforts. Did the Restalls risk their lives for a hoax?

As for the Laginas, they're there because Rick is just as obsessed with the mystery as the Chappells and Dan Blankenship. Marty is walking like he needs a hip replaced. I don't believe he's invested his time, money, and health in a hoax when he's got his fingers in so many other pies. Maybe they're crap treasure hunters, but I don't think they're hoaxers.

As for the "Boatload of Clues" episode, per FB posts earlier this summer by Causeway Karen, they were doing a lot of diving around the island. We haven't seen anything about that yet, so maybe that's the subject of this episode. The next-to-final episode is "Chamber of Secrets," BTW.
Producer's salaries? Advertising sales. Tourism income. The Lagaina's are getting income by stretching this out if not finding treasure. It's not a documentary following them. They are the producers and creating the content of the show.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is quite funny

Innuendo Island: S9E8: Deeper Digs, Bigger Stakes (and we all know about big stakes, amirite?)​

renderTimingPixel.png

This is all of the sexual innuendo and unintentionally comedic comments actually spoken by the Oak Island team, for S9E8: Deeper Digs, Bigger Stakes (and we all know about big stakes, amirite?). All comments are in chronological order.
Clotworthy: The team has been drilling a new borehole...
Evil Barkhouse: I think this bodes well for this hole.
Terry: That's an interesting chunk of timber there, Charles.
Terry: We hope it aligns with a shaft or tunnel from a previous hole.
Evil Barkhouse (speaking to Rick): I've got something to show you.
Terry: So, there's quite a bit of wood there. We seem to be clipping or chipping along the side of something. We could be sliding down the side of a shaft....
Rick: We've got big gear coming in.
Jack (speaking to Barkhouse): Is that a plank?
Jack: Oooooh! That's a nice, cut plank!
Jack (speaking to Barkhouse): Is that the right width for a plank?
Gary (speaking to MJ): Alright mate, let's get stuck in!!!
Gary (speaking to MJ): Just there, mate.
Gary: It's still in the hole, I love that.
Gary: It's in my hand....Oooooh! Big chunk of lead!!!!
Gary: I'm getting a rapid vibration. There it is! Ooooh! That could be interesting!
Gary: I'm going to recheck the hole first, to see if it is masking a nice little surprise.
Evil Barkhouse: We've got a core coming!
Evil Barkhouse: We got wood!
Terry: We got wood!
Terry: That says to me it is probably a shaft.
Terry: Things are looking up for this hole!
Evil Barkhouse: We've got more wood, Terry!
Evil Barkhouse: We're starting to see some wood. That can tell us if we are in the right spot. So, if this is the shaft, then from that, we'll look for the tunnel.
Evil Barkhouse (speaking to Rick): We've got some wood!
Evil Barkhouse: I haven't run the pinpointer over it yet. We haven't opened it up. We wanted you to see it first.
Rick: Well, keep drilling!
Jack (speaking to Barkhouse): Is that cut? Yeahhh!!!! It's cut to a point!
Billy: That little piece came out of just where we were pumping out up here.
Evil Barkhouse: How deep, Billy?
Billy: There's a smaller one there too, though. See it? The short one?
Evil Barkhouse: Yeah, that's pretty smooth though, isn't it?

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated in an earlier post you are very welcome to your opinion.

If the title "Hoax" (a humorous or malicious deception.) is the problem I tend to agree that this word is not really the most appropriate way of describing the history of the search.

I agree that many of the previous searchers must of believed that there was a possibility/likelihood of treasure being found as they were not making money from their search. I have no trouble accepting that previous searchers mislead investors to gain the necessary funds to conduct their searches.

However, given that in the 200+ years of searching nothing has been found (or at least publicly disclosed) that suggests or supports treasure being buried in the money pit area.

At some point even the "true believers" need to accept that no treasure is buried there and further searching is just for TV entertainment value and not a serious attempt to find treasure.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even more evidence of the hoax is the fact that the laginaā€™s bought the website listing all proven facts that many used to debunk their outrageous claims and took it offline.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
The one titled 'Dan Hedden' is one of Dan Blankenship's surveys of the Money Pit area showing Gilbert Hedden's shaft. This one is better, Robert Dunfield's own survey of where was what before he dug it all up. The 'Truro' shaft from 1861 is the one being referred to as 'Shaft 6' or 'The Oak Island Association' shaft in the show at present that is being sought as it 'leads to the Money Pit'.

The reason why is the treasure map that was used to plot the position (I posted about that earlier) requires an alignment to true north, so that is why the Lagina's are after it: you only need to head true north from it to get to the (historical) Money Pit position.
images(11).jpg

Last edited:

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever happened to that gold cross the three sisters brought on the show? I thought that would have been a dead giveaway to the origins of the treasure

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even more evidence of the hoax is the fact that the laginaā€™s bought the website listing all proven facts that many used to debunk their outrageous claims and took it offline.
I remember that well. They had a lot of facts and all of a sudden it was gone.
The one titled 'Dan Hedden' is one of Dan Blankenship's surveys of the Money Pit area showing Gilbert Hedden's shaft. This one is better, Robert Dunfield's own survey of where was what before he dug it all up. The 'Truro' shaft from 1861 is the one being referred to as 'Shaft 6' or 'The Oak Island Association' shaft in the show at present that is being sought as it 'leads to the Money Pit'.

The reason why is the treasure map that was used to plot the position (I posted about that earlier) requires an alignment to true north, so that is why the Lagina's are after it: you only need to head true north from it to get to the (historical) Money Pit position. View attachment 1998346
Everyone give them their 10th year of Reality Shows. Then we can all realize the reality that there is no treasure buried in the "Money Pit" area. It is only a Well or a mine shaft that has been filled back in. Not treasure for the Lagina brothers. Nothing but about 160 shows at $20,000 each. $3.2 Million each actor. Not bad for a show revealing things that can be found on any farm in Canada or the United States----dirt, mud, wood and discarded items of living.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread