OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if they ever do find anything please send me an email.
The next episode for sure... Just one more hole and the treasure will be revealed...

Then the government can come in and take it all. The Laginas cannot keep anything of historical significance so that would mean they get nothing I would think...

So dammed if they do and dammed if they don't...

So the silver lining must be they keep the government from steeling the treasure...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No major announcements here as of this morning. I guess those watching the show didn’t see the laginas discover treasure.

Perhaps another gawry bobby dazzler pointing to yet another actual treasure location?

Last edited:

Kate~ScienceNerd

Dec 3, 2021
No major announcements here as of this morning. I guess those watching the show didn’t see the laginas discover treasure.

Perhaps another gawry bobby dazzler pointing to yet another actual treasure location?
They didn't show a real OI episode last night. Matty Blake did a Drilling Down episode where he talked with the directors and camera crew. It was kind of interesting but not really about treasure hunting.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saving the most significant historical/archeological find in the history of mankind for the last episode of the season I guess.
Surely not. They are going to dig around in the mud and old shaft holes warranting a dig of four each ten foot cans. It is going to be Season 10 and they are still not going to find any treasure other than their weekly salary from commercials and sponsors. If there is a real treasure on Oak Island it is Reality Television.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the song remains the same. I posted this on my one of my posts dated Feb 22, 2018.
The so called Oak Island 'reality' show has turned into a boardwalk barker, drag it out as
long as possible, bogus adventure that will produce nothing at the so called target depths
being touted. That's because there is nothing there to find. I now believe the whole story is
based on untruths to get more investor dollars from suckers who thought they would find some
massive treasure. I don't fault Marty and Rick for wanting to believe the stories that led
them to their quest but IMHO the whole original background on Oak Island has just been salted
by hucksters looking for investor money to continue their projects. Perhaps the only
exception to this would be the two true believers who spent a lifetime on the island and
lived there. Sure they never gave up but there's nothing at 150 feet plus. It's just
poppycock!

The weaving this yarn about the Templars will not make a single difference in what they find
because there is nothing to find at these depths. Now Rick is making comments like the maybe
the true treasure of Oak Island is knowledge. Sure! Maybe there is a tooth fairy and a Santa
Claus too.

There may be still a pirate's chest or two on oak Island. They will not be found with silly
cams that drill down to ridiculous depths below the ground. They will be found with something
like this - a depth multiplier metal detector capable of detecting objects at 6' the size of
a basketball. There are used to find things like underground oil tanks etc.
Garrett makes one. You have approx. 140 acres to cover. Better start looking much closer to
the surface and stop insisting the Holy Grail, the Ark of the Covenant, Shakespeare's books,
and all variety of other fantastic treasures are waiting at depths of +150' in the Money Pit.

There is no Chappell vault - stop pretending this is fact because it is not. It is hearsay.
Just like all the people that think they are a hair's breath away from deciphering the Beale
Code, finding the Dutchman's mine, or hell even the Lost City of Eldorado!

The only theory that has not been spun by this 'reality' show is that aliens in a UFO built
whatever lies below the Money Pit. Perhaps they buried a UFO! Right and I don't believe any
of it!

You want to find any pirate's chests left on Oak Island? Get yourself a depth multiplier metal detector or something similar by a legitimate metal detecting outfit. Then start to grid the entire island.
-
If 11 spots on the island were determined to have been dug and recovered - odds are at least
one more chest exists. Of course, that is unless this has already been done by people using
equipment like Gary Clayton, who knows what he's doing with a metal detector - and we're
never been told about it.

So this is my latest thoughts on the Oak Island Money Pit. I'm sure that others have already
said similar. I'm tired of watching filler on the show and feel the signs are all there that
this is going nowhere. Craig Tester bowing out is one of those signs. The constant gibberish
about Knights Templar is the final death knell for me. There just isn't anything in the Money
Pit but a lot of false speculation by dreamers who refuse to accept the obvious reality.

Whatever was there was removed a long time ago. That's my firm belief now and I'm sticking to
it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12-29-2021
Now the obvious play will probably be:
we stopping for now because of Nova Scotia restrictions on the island
and
time to go chase some more legendary treasures that don't exist
translation: people are getting bored of the wood and iron recoveries
and debate if they are searcher shafts or original depositor shafts etc,
bla bla bla!
As numerous people on here have pointed out, they make money on these
'reality' shows or they go off the air. And you can milk this one for as long as
people watch and you get the 'AD' money to pay everybody a tidy sum.

I'm still waiting for a crack theorist to come and explain this was all done
by aliens who landed in UFO's and buried one at incredible depths etc.

Talk about Carney barkers. My hats off to them - one and all! LOL

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now the Lagina's have read more than "Reader's Digest" about Oak Island. The New Show, "Beyond Oak Island" in it's second season and may have 8 or 10 more good years digging all over the World chasing butterflies and fairies.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight they continue the drilling pattern but don't find any of the treasures that litter the floor of shaft 6 {insert standard treasure disclaimer here} or any more of Chappell Vault fragments {insert standard Chappell Vault disclaimer here}.

Gary breaks out the GPX 5000 and sets for a depth of 5 feet to find the hatch where indicated on the map. At a depth of about 8 inches, they find a staple that could have secured the wooden hatch door, but promptly give up searching that area any further. {insert standard Gary disclaimer here}.

Next week, they strike a water gusher in the drill pattern at around 50 feet.

Kate~ScienceNerd

Dec 3, 2021
How do we know they didn't finish searching the area? Let's do some math here. The group is on the island for 6 months/year, working 40 hours/week, usually divided into doing 2 of the 3 big projects (Smith's Cove, the Money Pit, and the Swamp), plus miscellaneous metal detecting, checking artifacts, running off to see Carmen Legge and Dr. Brousseau, doing research, cleaning up the island, having meetings with contractors, arranging testing, interviewing the kooks, and who knows whatall. That's 1040 hours, multiplied by 2-3 for simultaneous projects, so 2000-3000 hrs/season. Then the editors cut that down to maybe 20 episodes of 45 minutes each. So we see 15 hours of the 2000-3000 hours of work. We have no idea what they're doing most of the time. It's not logical to think that just because we didn't see them search or research or test something, that it wasn't done.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's do some math here. The group is on the island for 6 months/year, working 40 hours/week,
I doubt that...

By that math this is season 9 that is 6 months x 9 years. So 40 hours per week X 4.2 weeks per month x 6 months per year x 9 years equals a massive amount of time to find nothing.

Last edited:

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no... That a gusher of pure liquid silver.

What ever happened to the truck load of silver they said was there last season?
Great point! I feel like as soon as they mention a new development it eventually disappears. I think this is usually because either:

1. It’s BS
2. They found something new to focus on.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now the Lagina's have read more than "Reader's Digest" about Oak Island. The New Show, "Beyond Oak Island" in it's second season and may have 8 or 10 more good years digging all over the World chasing butterflies and fairies.
Or maybe chasing imaginary gold deposits in cemeteries ?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same to you RTR.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great point! I feel like as soon as they mention a new development it eventually disappears. I think this is usually because either:

1. It’s BS
2. They found something new to focus on.
I think they just make up things now. It seems they stopped really looking for treasure many season ago and now just want to drag out the show to make as much money from TV revenue as possible.

They have learnt that no one holds them accountable for their previous claims.

So my feeling is your first point pure..

BS.jpeg

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one caisson sunk went into a target area that was plotted as the Money Pit site. The equipment then sat idle for a period before they packed the lot up and left the island.
So the hammer grab brought up a golden chalice and they had to go back to the drawing board to plan how to explore the rest of the site without damaging anything else...

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Naw, they just got to where all those other searchers got to before them and found exactly what had been found before.

History records pretty well all the attempts, shafts, locations etc. What tends to not get repeated is what is said when the searchers reach the target.

There are two most notable ones that come to mind.

One was Bowdoin (I'm pretty sure). The first reports were all about the advanced engineering methods he will be using to guarantee the recovery. After he sunk his shaft the tone changed as he was a bit upset after finding out he had been misled all along,

The other is Dunfield who did the enormous dig. He reported he was digging into undisturbed soil so stopped.

I'm thinking that it went something like this recently on the island once the caisson reached bottom:

"Ok, what can you see."

"Um, nothing, some mud, bit of water, a couple of rocks.'"

"Hmm, ok then what did the grab bring up on the way down?"

"Some backfilled soil and junk."

"AAh, listen Rick, I've been meaning to speak to you for awhile but I could see how much this means to you. Have you sort of noticed that things haven't really been adding up for years between what the locals have been telling us and what we have been finding?"

"Gosh Marty, are you saying people have been telling us whatever they thought we wanted to hear just to keep this all going?"

"Rick, we need to talk off camera".

Last edited:

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week, geophysicist Jeremy Church reanalyzed some old seismic data and identified a chamber big enough to hold the Chappell Vault, and a tunnel leading directly from that location to C1. When they drill, they hit a water gusher, fed by the gas pressure from the chamber.

They continue to dig in the swamp, looking for the Spanish galleon.

They find a big rock spike near the location where the Templar bag seal was found.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week, geophysicist Jeremy Church reanalyzed some old seismic data and identified a chamber big enough to hold the Chappell Vault, and a tunnel leading directly from that location to C1. When they drill, they hit a water gusher, fed by the gas pressure from the chamber.

They continue to dig in the swamp, looking for the Spanish galleon.

They find a big rock spike near the location where the Templar bag seal was found.
Thanks Mike..

So they did not see the chamber and tunnel before.. Does not say much about there "expert"...

Oh well so next episode they will drill into the Chamber and we will have the treasure of the Knights Templar... At last...

templar-treasure.jpg

Cannot wait for the next episode....

Those Templars were pretty clever to get all this buried under Oak Island and keep the water out... Really do not understand what has taken the Laginas so long to find it....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread