Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
The 'offset chamber' idea that Marty has taken to running on the show comes from the geophysical reports that Les Macphie put together in the 2000s. These comprehensively showed the Money Pit location was known, had been probed numerous times and how nothing was there.

In the face of the evidence the reports were giving destroying the myth the 'offset chamber' excuse was created then to try and save it.

269866845_3054841504732216_826828311490478088_n.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So one more episode of season 9.... The big reveal when they find the treasure of the Knights Templar's. So far this season they have found ummm....

1. Old wood
2. Two microscopic flecks of gold
3. Rusty metal
4. Eel grass

So for sure next episode is going to be the mother load of gold...

Then we will have the hoards of loyal fans coming on here and saying

b6dde7df8e3b722df4a9d135a6185321.jpg

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
4 more season episodes equaling 15 for season 9.
Unless they decided to scrap 3 and flag it, tag it and bag it.
Maybe change show name to one of those surrounding islands being hawked now
on this site. I'm afraid my chest waders will no longer do - time to break out the monster earth movers. :)

Capt. - it's way to deep and we're running out of dilithium crystals! Don't know how much longer we can hold this series together. L

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't managed to catch any of Season 9 yet, and reading the past few posts I'm not sure exactly what the offset chamber is supposed to be. Is it the old idea that a tunnel was dug at an angle out of the original shaft to a chamber above water level?

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what no coconut or palm fibers? How about a piece of shakespeare's shoe?

Attachments

• Laughing1.gif
    Laughing1.gif
    767.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Kate~ScienceNerd

Dec 3, 2021
I haven't managed to catch any of Season 9 yet, and reading the past few posts I'm not sure exactly what the offset chamber is supposed to be. Is it the old idea that a tunnel was dug at an angle out of the original shaft to a chamber above water level?
Yes.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just another fictional story created after all others proven to be false.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight we learn the fate of the Spanish galleon in the 2021 season: operations at the swamp are terminated but the galleon wasn't found last year.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight we learn the fate of the Spanish galleon in the 2021 season: operations at the swamp are terminated but the galleon wasn't found last year.
Are you referring to the fictional Spanish galleon story they made up in an attempt to fill more time on the show?

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheCurseOfMonkeyIsland_01_350_5100.jpg

So looking forward to them getting inside that ship and showing us the treasure... Finally...

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought they concluded last season that it was just hard packed dirt?

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought they concluded last season that it was just hard packed dirt?
That might be a different section of the swamp, not where they are digging now. And I don't know if the entire area where the outline of the Spanish galleon was seen is off limits to digging this year because of outside group restrictions.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you know if they find the dough - it's the end of the show!
Besides, they found enough planks to build a doghouse.
Hopefully, somebody is writing a book 'The Treasure That Never Was'
where the real treasure was creating a Reality Show, bringing
in all these theorists, continually changing the goals, and playing
the best shell game that I've ever seen. And you realize, of course,
that the next big hole they make at money pit will certainly
have a shaft that leads right to that galleon buried in the swamp.
Intriguing! Stay tuned! L

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh No no ship found.... How shocking!

On last night’s episode, Marty Lagina, rather dramatically, informed Billy, Gary Drayton, and a few of the others that they were to wrap up things at the swamp. Gary was both shocked and a little frustrated, but Marty explained that they needed the swamp’s freshwater.

And no offset chamber BUT they have found the flood tunnel (according to Marty)

In the meantime, Marty thinks the team has found a flood tunnel at the Money Pit. In the last couple of weeks, the drill team has twice hit a cavity, the , and this week , they hit a large quantity of water a mere two feet away from that cavity.

Marty reckons that the cavity is unfortunately not an offset chamber as previously suspected, but a little pocket of air in a flood tunnel.

However

If they have found a flood tunnel, the guys will need to find a way to block it off; otherwise, all their work for the big dig could be completely ruined.

So it is going to be that pesky flood tunnel that will be the reason for not recovering the treasure this season...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just looking at some older documents of a detailed study from 2008

As shown on numerous slides shown here it is well known where all the historic shafts are. If the Laginas want to claim things like Chappels vault are on top of the original money pit as clearly shown here they know the exact location that the 1890s search was digging.

They cannot have it both ways to claim things like chappel vault as evidence but then claim that they have no idea where the money pit is.

It has always been very well known the "general location" of the pit to within a few feet.

What a waste of money bringing in those new 10 foot cans to sink them into ground that has no relationship to where the original pit was located.

The Laginas are now just trying to 'twist' known historical fact to sell there fictional treasure hunt.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a waste of money bringing in those new 10 foot cans to sink them into ground that has no relationship to where the original pit was located.

But the document has that "OPEN CAVITY OR VERY LOOSE SOIL" area identified. That must be why they're flogging the upper side chamber theory this season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread