Season 9

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The entire area from smiths cove to the area of the fictional money pit has been completely dug up many times and no flood tunnels have ever been found.

The lagina’s continue to jump back and forth between fake stories in an attempt to prolong their current hoax.

As far as a ship in the swamp…….since it’s well known the island was used for ship repair, debris and junk from ships is common on hoax island.

The sunken Spanish galleon loaded with treasure is just the latest in a very long line of fiction.

Reactions: bjw

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "created a swamp" theory isn't explained very well.
they sailed a ship between the islands, dammed up each end, sunk, or burned the ship, even though no charred ship parts have been found, and then gathered thousands of tons of mud to bury the ship, and created a swamp.
this makes no sense to me.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got sick of thus show in the first 6 episodes

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Convenient how the government is now stopping them from disturbing certain locales on the island.
Not a new development. The law went into effect in 2010. Before the brothers started.

Nova Scotia got sick of all the unnecessary damage to the island. Could also be unwilling landowners just wanting to be left alone and
in peace.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a new development. The law went into effect in 2010. Before the brothers started.

Nova Scotia got sick of all the unnecessary damage to the island. Could also be unwilling landowners just wanting to be left alone and
in peace.
After everything was ripped up for 150 years. Makes sense LOL

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it's all about the spoils mate, the spoils! Here, I thought it was all about spinning the longest yarn in 'reality TV' and getting into Guinness book of world records! L

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But the document has that "OPEN CAVITY OR VERY LOOSE SOIL" area identified. That must be why they're flogging the upper side chamber theory this season.
Yep.. And the Laginas have found open cavities.. these are those natural occurring cavities/caves that seem all over the area. Like in 10X and the one they put a diver down in earlier seasons (cannot remember which hole that was).

The early searches assumed these were man made cavities and this fueled the belief that a vast treasure was buried there. ie Why else would people dig "tunnels" at that depth.

It has now be proven that these cavities are natural and not man made. Given that these cavities are full of water it would never of been possible that men could of dug that deep and not been flooded.

If the water was coming from Smiths cove flood tunnels it could of been pumped dry when they had the coffer dam in place. But as they showed there holes kept filling with fast water flow even when Smith Cove was dry. Therefore the water was coming from somewhere other than Smith Cove.

Without flood tunnels there is zero reason to believe anything there was man made at the depths they are drilling to.

So what is the reason for the new 10 foot cans?.....

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.. And the Laginas have found open cavities.. these are those natural occurring cavities/caves that seem all over the area. Like in 10X and the one they put a diver down in earlier seasons (cannot remember which hole that was).

The early searches assumed these were man made cavities and this fueled the belief that a vast treasure was buried there. ie Why else would people dig "tunnels" at that depth.

It has now be proven that these cavities are natural and not man made. Given that these cavities are full of water it would never of been possible that men could of dug that deep and not been flooded.

If the water was coming from Smiths cove flood tunnels it could of been pumped dry when they had the coffer dam in place. But as they showed there holes kept filling with fast water flow even when Smith Cove was dry. Therefore the water was coming from somewhere other than Smith Cove.

Without flood tunnels there is zero reason to believe anything there was man made at the depths they are drilling to.

So what is the reason for the new 10 foot cans?.....
I really wanted to believe. Hell what kid doesn't love a treasure hunt?!?! I remember watching John Chatterton dive down that can way back when. I thought for sure he would have found all those things that the Blankenships had video evidence of. That was pretty much the beginning of the end for me. To be honest prior to that it didn't really add up to me, it seemed that the Blankenships were holding back - i.e. the drilling rod that got stuck in the hole, etc etc...

Granted, they did find some old stuff, but I have seen finds on here that blow those out of the water and found for wayyyyyy less money.

Kate~ScienceNerd

Dec 3, 2021
I really wanted to believe. Hell what kid doesn't love a treasure hunt?!?! I remember watching John Chatterton dive down that can way back when. I thought for sure he would have found all those things that the Blankenships had video evidence of. That was pretty much the beginning of the end for me. To be honest prior to that it didn't really add up to me, it seemed that the Blankenships were holding back - i.e. the drilling rod that got stuck in the hole, etc etc...

Granted, they did find some old stuff, but I have seen finds on here that blow those out of the water and found for wayyyyyy less money.
That was a crap video, and Blankenship hadn't told or showed those pieces of metal to the Laginas until Marty wanted to quit pouring money down 10-X.

Blankenship "found" the location of 10-X by dowsing, a pseudoscience whose success rate has never been proven to be better than that predicted by random chance. Assuming there is a buried treasure, the odds of Blankenship finding anything with dowsing and an 8' diameter can on a 140 acre island are roughly 1 in 122,000. No wonder Marty wanted to move on from that location.

Last edited:

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
In the beginning there was one brother in La La Land. Now it would seem the other brother has crossed over into the land of OZ.
Hey, let's find more wood! Without doubt this proves the treasure exists!
On to another year of bunk!
Pap

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those who think the entire show is scripted, you can't possibly believe that the script writers said "This year we'll show them drilling 25 identical holes to keep them entranced".

They found evidence of a "Flood tunnel" where they expected it to be. Now that tunnel will surely point right to the money pit!

The 220 ton equipment was being put into place to prepare for dropping the 10 foot cans. I wonder if the equipment is one of the largest of its kind? They didn't talk much about the issues in bringing in something that large.

Best of all, the new hammer grab is large enough to bring up the Chappell Vault in one grab!

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those who think the entire show is scripted, you can't possibly believe that the script writers said "This year we'll show them drilling 25 identical holes to keep them entranced".

They found evidence of a "Flood tunnel" where they expected it to be. Now that tunnel will surely point right to the money pit!

The 220 ton equipment was being put into place to prepare for dropping the 10 foot cans. I wonder if the equipment is one of the largest of its kind? They didn't talk much about the issues in bringing in something that large.

Best of all, the new hammer grab is large enough to bring up the Chappell Vault in one grab!
I actually watched tonight. Impressive equipment for sure. I wish they talked more about why they picked that spot for all this equipment to be used. Also, watch the previous episode. That Concepion legend is a little interesting.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of money to spend digging 3 ten feet wide 200 feet deep (that is a 20 stories high building) straight down in the dirt where all the smaller holes they have drilled have found nothing.

Do they think they missed a treasure hoard?

No one could still believe that.

Who here would even bet a $100 that these massive holes will find treasure...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of money to spend digging 3 ten feet wide 200 feet deep (that is a 20 stories high building) straight down in the dirt where all the smaller holes they have drilled have found nothing.

That must be a huge wad of money - back in the day they had to custom-design and build the first 8 foot can. This 10 foot machine must have cost $50million USD or more.

They DID find silver and gold though, so as Marty says "There's definitely, for sure, completely, and without a doubt, based on science with no possibility for error, gold down there".

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show's writers will change the script in midstream and the audience will never see 3 new holes dug.

Besides, since the vault is intelligent (as stated by some here), it will magically relocate just before they hit it.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They DID find silver and gold though, so as Marty says "There's definitely, for sure, completely, and without a doubt, based on science with no possibility for error, gold down there".
He he....

Yep... Cannot wait to see that treasure.....

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week it's Billy to the rescue! Billy secures a meeting with the Premier of Nova Scotia about the issues with CCH. The premier and his wife came to the island and took a tour. Perhaps he can mediate a more intelligent position about the restricted zones.

There were lots of cool shots of the Oscillator equipment setup and they started digging the can down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread