Season 9

auximenes

Greenie
Apr 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When Marty came to visit the last day of Gary and friends' search of the swamp they didn't show him the small wooden dowel/tool handle/ship's wheel handle that was the first thing they showed Gary finding. Whaddya think, sloppy editing of scenes together?

Kate~ScienceNerd

Dec 3, 2021
When Marty came to visit the last day of Gary and friends' search of the swamp they didn't show him the small wooden dowel/tool handle/ship's wheel handle that was the first thing they showed Gary finding. Whaddya think, sloppy editing of scenes together?
This whole show is one mess of writing, narrating, and editing. Clotworthy has been spouting the same material since season 1.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marty just learned about the ship's wheel handle from the show last night! :laughing7:

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This quote made me laugh..
The guys are terrified the CCH will someday try to shut down their work at the Money Pit, but having Premier Houston as a friend and ally might help prevent that.

What is left to shut down... Surely they are not thinking of digging more holes after these three... If so it means they already are pretty sure these new holes will find nothing and do not want their TV show stopped.

If there is no treasure in the money pit what is the reason to keep digging holes?...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mug.jpg

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you forgot the "WOOD"! L
I love the way they think it necessary to basically repeat almost a whole previous episode with the same boring content. It was all filler for the second to last show of the season. So next week they either find the treasure (highly unlikely), end the whole thing, or create a cliffhanger ending for Season 10 of more dry holes, searcher wood, and planks. The piece of wood they said could be from a ship's wheel but more likely a tool handle - was the funniest part of show for me. Maybe next week's final will just be a recap of all the spoils of Season 9? L

updated: now it says 18 episodes for Season 9. E14 aired this week. So that leaves 4 episodes to wrap up if that number is accurate.

Last edited:

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a new Digging Down episode after next week's COI episode. The DD will be a recap.
recap of the recap this week of the recap of last week just in case you missed it Y'all! L

Reactions: bjw

HunterNC

Greenie
Dec 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never seen anything go so bad so fast. Worse than the last season of Lucifer. I wish them good fortune.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another hoax not unlike oak island.

In searching for "Lemminkainen Hoard" there is absolutely no factual, historical evidence of it.

The "Temple Twelve" are the European equivalents of the laginas, hoping to get book deals or cable tv shows based on fiction.

CaptainChance

Aug 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ and Worldwide
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry, but I cannot stop cracking up at them digging up the debris from Robert Dunfield's 1965 140 feet deep by 100 foot diameter open pit. This of course is never mentioned, just like all the debris washed ashore into the swamp from hundreds of years of shipwrecks in the Atlantic. I'm sorry, there is no "burned" or "sunken" ship in the swamp, and anything in the "pit" was removed a long time ago.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last nights show turned up some interesting test results.The lead bag seal (found last year at oak island) has been Laser Ablation tested.The test show the seal was made from lead mined in the South of France(the Same area the lead cross was tested as coming from).Also the same area of France that was a Templar Stronghold.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last nights show turned up some interesting test results.The lead bag seal (found last year at oak island) has been Laser Ablation tested.The test show the seal was made from lead mined in the South of France(the Same area the lead cross was tested as coming from).Also the same area of France that was a Templar Stronghold.
So it was a Templar seal after all. In the previews for next week, it looks like the hammer grab gets hung up trying to retrieve the Chappell Vault.

Reactions: RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it was a Templar seal after all. In the previews for next week, it looks like the hammer grab gets hung up trying to retrieve the Chappell Vault.
Yep "Scientific Fact " ! Bout the only thing left IS. What are the 'nay Sayers' going to have to wash down that"CROW" their going to be eating :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::occasion14:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lead from Europe in the new world is very common as lead was used for many things. The only templar seal would be one that was created by the producers.

No chapple vault has ever existed.....just a story to hoax more investors out of cash.

The script calls for the show to attempt to create a cliff hanger each week.

No one here or elsewhere has ever been able to produce a single piece of evidence that the money pit hoax was nothing more than a tale started by boys who stayed out too late drinking and had to make up a story.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Giving them the benefit of the doubt that the metalurgy science was not "made for TV", lets consider. The lead from a bale seal was found to come from a mine in France and later found on territory formerly called "New France" (now N.E. Canada) and once occupied by the French from 1534 to 1763 is a surprise . . . why?

Seals had unique marks for a purpose. Someone should pretty easily be able to identify who's mark is on the seal and a relative time period. Again, did they consult a "real" archeologist? I doubt it.

Here's one found in Jamestown, VA.
IMGP6914-1619.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions