Season 9

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giving them the benefit of the doubt that the metalurgy science was not "made for TV", lets consider. The lead from a bale seal was found to come from a mine in France and later found on territory formerly called "New France" (now N.E. Canada) and once occupied by the French from 1534 to 1763 is a surprise . . . why?

Seals had unique marks for a purpose. Someone should pretty easily be able to identify who's mark is on the seal and a relative time period. Again, did they consult a "real" archeologist? I doubt it.

Here's one found in Jamestown, VA.
IMGP6914-1619.jpg
But aren't you going against the standard narrative proposed here by the typical suspects that everything found on the island has to be templar related?

I fear that soon the excavator will fall into the space-time warp tunnel to Mars at the bottom of the money pit that some here said the templars used to travel there to safeguard the treasure.

Then again, the excavator could break thru and fall into Harold Wilkin's hollow earth area that some here believe exists.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last nights show turned up some interesting test results.The lead bag seal (found last year at oak island) has been Laser Ablation tested.The test show the seal was made from lead mined in the South of France(the Same area the lead cross was tested as coming from).Also the same area of France that was a Templar Stronghold.
You leave out... That this lead found in the "stained glass cabinet" on the grounds of Smiths old cottage was identified as from the same place.... Does this mean the Templar's brought over their stained glass cabinets...

Skowronek concludes his presentation by revealing that “the lead isotope data from [the Lot 21 artifact is] identical to [that] of the cross… That means that both pieces probably come from the same ore deposit…

What they have shown is lead from this source was common on Oak Island and not treasure related.

They conveniently forget to mention that every time they refer to the cross...

Last edited:

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
The look you have when you know nothing is there but have to listen to some BS made up about FDR's boot being handed out to the Boss by the show's researcher.

BS1.jpg
Bs2.jpg
BS3.jpg
BS4.jpg

The look you have as the Boss knowing everyone is watching to see what you do as the researcher hands you BS on camera.

exp.jpg

The look you have when the Boss buys into the BS instead of just admitting nothing is there.

go along 1.jpg
js.jpg

Last edited:

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The look you have when you know nothing is there but have to listen to some BS made up about FDR's boot being handed out to the Boss by the show's researcher...
Now that is really funny!

Attachments

• Peewee_ROTFLMAO.gif
    Peewee_ROTFLMAO.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: bjw

HunterNC

Greenie
Dec 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what do you make of this taken from the last image of Tuesday's episode? Looks modern but interesting they ended the episode on it without saying anything. Looks kind of like the base of a flood tunnel.

OakIsl Pic.png

HunterNC

Greenie
Dec 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and yes, the show has gone to completely to crap. The good news is I can watch an episode in about 5 minutes so it is not a complete waste of time.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like the wood pads they lay down for heavy equipment to work on muddy ground - like Dunfield and Trition would have laid down in the 1960's.

1706374718_6c2973670d_b.jpg

mat_interlocking_3.jpg

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The look you have when you know nothing is there but have to listen to some BS made up about FDR's boot being handed out to the Boss by the show's researcher.

View attachment 2010765 View attachment 2010766 View attachment 2010767 View attachment 2010768

The look you have as the Boss knowing everyone is watching to see what you do as the researcher hands you BS on camera.

View attachment 2010769

The look you have when the Boss buys into the BS instead of just admitting nothing is there.

View attachment 2010771 View attachment 2010772
It couldn't be FDR's boot because he always wears white tennis shoes in the Oak Island picture.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a new Digging Down episode after next week's COI episode. The DD will be a recap.
I needed a review :laughing7:, so I fast forwarded through the digging down episode. But the ender was mildly interesting , where Rick and Marty examined everything on a timeline.

CaptainChance

Aug 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ and Worldwide
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the first time, I find myself fast-forwarding through the recorded episodes. If you watch carefully, you can see the wood has already been ripped / splintered apart, likely when Dunfield tore everything up down to 140 feet and threw the debris back into the pit.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
strange things are afoot and OI. Last week they added 2 more episodes and this week 1 more appeared in numerical count for the season. Could it be this will be the last season?
I'm amazed how they can have a woman tell them that the great bale seal is possibly 'Treasury of England' last week and they all seem to agree knowingly. Then this week they drive a very long distance to see 'two scientists' who tell them lead is from France and they work their favorite depositors, 'The Templars' back into the theory of equations. If they're going to show us another recap of the redundancy of the 'redundancy dept. of IO series' - then at least show us all timeline of all the many theorists who have appeared in the War room and on Zoom, absolutely sure their theory was correct. Then have a contest for the wackiest theory ever spawned by this show. 1st prize will be a squeegee, for the one who seemed closest to foaming at the mouth, when disagreed with over their theory on this forum. LOL

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zena wins the wackiest for my money with her "theory" their piece of cross shaped lead sinker was an ancient piece of jewelry to the Goddess Tanit...

Actually Zena wins my vote for having the most (by volume) wackiest theories on everything to do with OI.

As for the biggest liars/frauds I would vote for the guy who had the "Roman" Sword (closely followed by the Lagina crew for their claim of finding the 90 foot stone in the old bookshop when it had been widely discussed that they had purchased it from a collector at least 12 months earlier)

For the most stupid/ridiculous assumption of origin it would go to the "expert" that claimed the old Canadian Gigging spear prong was a Roman Phalanx spear point.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Zena wins the wackiest for my money with her "theory" their piece of cross shaped lead sinker was an ancient piece of jewelry to the Goddess Tanit...
yeah surprised she didn't claim an Egyptian Ankh Cross and the Egyptians. Of course, it couldn't possibly be a Christian cross worn by so many of the Spaniards and other obvious European groups.
Still 'the map' and 'the hatch' might win a prize for the best 'Lovejoy' piece ever seen on the show.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah surprised she didn't claim an Egyptian Ankh Cross and the Egyptians. Of course, it couldn't possibly be a Christian cross worn by so many of the Spaniards and other obvious European groups.
Still 'the map' and 'the hatch' might win a prize for the best 'Lovejoy' piece ever seen on the show.
The Hatch. It had me going for a minute then it faded into oblivion like the rest of the “leads”.

Also, I liked the guy that came on and claimed that sandbar of an island next to Oak Island, and which he owned, had a vault underneath it with 50 tons of gold. 🤣🤣🤣

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think the wackiest part of the show is the people on this site that hates everything about the show and would never watch it, but waste allot of time on this site talking about it. ???
Protecting the unknowing masses from becoming duped like so many others by the long history of oak island hoaxers….

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think the wackiest part of the show is the people on this site that hates everything about the show and would never watch it, but waste allot of time on this site talking about it. ???
I actually liked the show for a long time lol

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife won't let me watch it anymore. She's afraid I'll shoot the TV whenever the narrator speaks. She's likely correct.

Kate~ScienceNerd

Dec 3, 2021

Actually Zena wins my vote for having the most (by volume) wackiest theories on everything to do with OI.

As for the biggest liars/frauds I would vote for the guy who had the "Roman" Sword (closely followed by the Lagina crew for their claim of finding the 90 foot stone in the old bookshop when it had been widely discussed that they had purchased it from a collector at least 12 months earlier)

For the most stupid/ridiculous assumption of origin it would go to the "expert" that claimed the old Canadian Gigging spear prong was a Roman Phalanx spear point.

The fraud was that guy Pulitzer. A close second is the "respected antiquities expert" they brought in to evaluate the McGinnis family's gold cross, who in reality is Dr Lori, a television personality and appraiser with her own stage show, "Dr. Lori's Antiques Appraisal Comedy Show." I still don't understand why the Laginas let some of these idiots onto the show.

I'm nominating that GPS expert, Erin, as most delusional. She came with a lot of studies pinpointing boulders and other markers on the island and correlating them with Zena's map, then the second or third time she was on, she started frantically drawing random lines at random angles all over her maps, trying to prove I don't know what, after convincing Marty to blow more money drilling a bunch of pointless holes.

IF there were actually a treasure somewhere on the island, you'd never know it from all the drivel on the show.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm nominating that GPS expert, Erin, as most delusional. She came with a lot of studies pinpointing boulders and other markers on the island and correlating them with Zena's map, then the second or third time she was on, she started frantically drawing random lines at random angles all over her maps, trying to prove I don't know what, after convincing Marty to blow more money drilling a bunch of pointless holes.

Erin's star student is on here in another thread continuing the geometry lesson.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread