OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think the wackiest part of the show is the people on this site that hates everything about the show and would never watch it, but waste allot of time on this site talking about it. ???
You post seems to fail to understand that many of us are interested in the actual history/legend of OI and have done extensive research. Therefore are dissapointed /offended by the shows efforts to twist/lie about the history and wish to point out the false narrative rather then letting it stand and misleading people as to the legend.

True believers that think the Laginas are still making an effort to find a fabled lost treasure should go to a TV fan site rather then an actual treasure hunting forum if they simply want to agree with the false narrative of the Laginas show.

I would like to think that people that visit here are happy for a discussion of what is true, what is legend and what is a lie...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all went to hell after the blonde archaeologist departed. I'm just saying.
I think at the end off season 5 was when any real attempt to find a treasure were given up. After that it seems the show has just been about making as many epsidoes as they can to help all involved make money...

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i think the wackiest part of the show is the people on this site that hates everything about the show and would never watch it, but waste allot of time on this site talking about it. ???
actually many do watch the show. I find it extremely amusing. After having dug dated coins, and buttons from early 1700's and other colonial relics in the middle of crop fields etc. - to hear such absurd theories spun over crosses, buttons, or surface coins is most entertaining. And the obsession with wood is the icing on the cake of a huge crock of B.S. The pass around the room smile on everybody's face- a trademark of humor. Then the wack-a-loons on here trying to convince us all of their theories/solutions - a colorful side show to OI that proves: if you cannot dazzle them with brilliance - then try baffling them with B.S. That tact is most amusing too!

CaptainChance

Aug 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ and Worldwide
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm surprised no one has tried to seek (or found) the dumps people used while on the island. There had to be outhouses and dumps, although people did not throw away a lot of stuff like now days.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm surprised no one has tried to seek (or found) the dumps people used while on the island. There had to be outhouses and dumps, although people did not throw away a lot of stuff like now days.
The scripted show did. The lagina’s dug up a trash mound and labeled it a mysterious mound built by ancients.

In it they found…….trash….but then tried to tie it back as proof of a fictional money pit.

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
i sure hope something worthwhile comes up. i have put too much attention to this show for it to end being a waste of my viewing time.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no show 02-22-22!
"But don’t worry, Season 9 is not coming to an end just yet. We have been treated to 15 episodes so far, and fans can expect
to see approximately another ten before they wrap things up for the year. Instead, the Oak Island guys are simply having their now annual mid-season break.
The Curse of Oak Island Season 9 will return at the usual time at 9/8c on Tuesday, March 1, with Episode 16, which is titled Gold Diggers. "

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh no, going through withdrawal! I'll have to review last week's episode.
I thought maybe History channel pulled the plug but knew that was unlikely. You can always watch Chill Bill's channel on Youtube.
He is quite the character but finds some real old stuff. Most would love to hunt where he's hunting! :)

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought maybe History channel pulled the plug but knew that was unlikely.
No.... They found the treasure with there last massive hole and they have gone to Hawaii to party.....

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No.... They found the treasure with there last massive hole and they have gone to Hawaii to party.....
so based on two websites on the Net - they finally found the treasure with massive hole and will show this in next 10 episodes of Season 9? Or is that more planted fake news? And remember anyone can print fake news on the Net.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so based on two websites on the Net - they finally found the treasure with massive hole and will show this in next 10 episodes of Season 9? Or is that more planted fake news?
One wonders where they find anything to show for 5 more episodes....

About this time in the season they normally release the rumor of the armored cars being seen leaving the island in the middle of the night.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One wonders where they find anything to show for 5 more episodes....
well they know for sure now as the season is over. But consider this - they could recover treasure and not even show it or just search in a bunch of other decoy spots until the very last episode and then roll the recovery of infamous vault of treasure. Most likely Capt. Kidd's - if it exists.

Or government steps in, setup tents, and they finish with
armored cars being seen leaving the island in the middle of the night. Or they are told to halt all activity of digging or removing anything from this island. And have a nice day day Y'all! Thanks for finding the treasure for us! You may not record any of this.

I'm from Missouri (The show me state) until I see the treasure! If I don't see it, then it will remain poppycock in my book.

Last edited:

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like the show, because it is so entertaining watching so many without a clue fumbling and bumbling about. The only thing I can think of offhand as interesting (or productive) involves giving a monkey a football.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this week's show, they reach the bottom of the first shaft, and encounter the steel trapdoor guarding the Chappell Vault, bringing up only some concrete cladding and gold flaked metal fragments. Well, it was a steel trapdoor or bedrock. They call it bedrock and calculate that they were 1 or 2 feet off, so they plan for the next can drop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread