Season 9

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this week's show, they reach the bottom of the first shaft, and encounter the steel trapdoor guarding the Chappell Vault, bringing up only some concrete cladding and gold flaked metal fragments. Well, it was a steel trapdoor or bedrock. They call it bedrock and calculate that they were 1 or 2 feet off, so they plan for the next can drop.
They encountered dirt and debris left from the last hoaxers who dug in the area.

The lagina’s excuse next week will be, “the vault moved again”.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
more wood and spikes, nails - OMG but no treasure! Shocking! Another dry hole. I found this gold gild button not far from me at an old house. Should I bring in the ten foot cam? L

Attachments

• b878.jpg
    b878.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 25

CaptainChance

Aug 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ and Worldwide
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm enjoying the Oak Island comedy show. All we need for next season is for Bill Murry to show up and apply his sense of humor to the dig. It's kind of fun watching them dig through Dunfield's garbage pit. I wish he would have thrown some beer cans in the pit before he covered it up. Not a single gold coin or genuine artifact, because there are none.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm enjoying the Oak Island comedy show. All we need for next season is for Bill Murry to show up and apply his sense of humor to the dig. It's kind of fun watching them dig through Dunfield's garbage pit. I wish he would have thrown some beer cans in the pit before he covered it up. Not a single gold coin or genuine artifact, because there are none.
that's the same reason I watch - amusement!

Maybe we could bring in these independent fact-checkers! LOL

Attachments

• Stooges2.JPG
    Stooges2.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this week's show, they reach the bottom of the first shaft, and encounter the steel trapdoor guarding the Chappell Vault, bringing up only some concrete cladding and gold flaked metal fragments. Well, it was a steel trapdoor or bedrock. They call it bedrock and calculate that they were 1 or 2 feet off, so they plan for the next can drop.
Thanks Mike

How many millions of dollars are they wasting digging these 200 foot holes to find nothing. If there was something there the smaller holes would of shown it.

So much wasted money...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mike

How many millions of dollars are they wasting digging these 200 foot holes to find nothing. If there was something there the smaller holes would of shown it.

So much wasted money...
The lagina’s nor the cable tv producer is paying for anything…..it’s the folks that actually watch the show generating advertiser dollars.

CaptainChance

Aug 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ and Worldwide
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no doubt some past searchers "seeded" the pits and tunnels at some point. Thus, the very "junky" pieces of metal testing positive for gold are suspicious. Gold was also used to "plate" inexpensive items. It would be interesting to test the water of surrounding sinkholes and see what the gold content is. I'm not sure if ocean water trapped / flowing through sink holes or natural tunnels would concentrate gold over thousands of years? Ocean water only has about one gram of gold per 100 million metric tons.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Marty... was full of positive energy last night; speaking of the gold pieces, he argued the pieces showed they may be “getting close to the source of the gold.” He explained that the artifacts could be “detritus from a real treasure trove… about a foot away.”

So, Charles’s solution was simple. They just need to place the next caisson in the ground a little bit further to the east, specifically over a cluster of old boreholes known as the C1 cluster.....

Don’t forget, if this doesn’t work, they still have two other caisson shafts in reserve. So, still plenty of opportunity for success....

head-scratch.jpg

So much money... So little treasure...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no doubt some past searchers "seeded" the pits and tunnels at some point. Thus, the very "junky" pieces of metal testing positive for gold are suspicious. Gold was also used to "plate" inexpensive items. It would be interesting to test the water of surrounding sinkholes and see what the gold content is. I'm not sure if ocean water trapped / flowing through sink holes or natural tunnels would concentrate gold over thousands of years? Ocean water only has about one gram of gold per 100 million metric tons.
Yep... If there was golden treasure hoard there searchers would of found evidence of it by now. Microscopic traces of gold is not evidence of a treasure hoard... What they have found market value is not even a fraction of 1 cent. As compared to the millions dollars cost per hole they are digging...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep... If there was golden treasure hoard there searchers would of found evidence of it by now. Microscopic traces of gold is not evidence of a treasure hoard... What they have found market value is not even a fraction of 1 cent. As compared to the millions dollars cost per hole they are digging...
I don't know how common it is to find metal with flecks of gold. And empty Chappell Vault would still allow them to estimate a removed treasure volume. And what if they find more of the Shakespeare manuscript next week?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how common it is to find metal with flecks of gold. And empty Chappell Vault would still allow them to estimate a removed treasure volume. And what if they find more of the Shakespeare manuscript next week?
LOL

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week in the Early Christmas I shaft, they discover an 80 foot stone! But it was an empty slate. Everything else they find indicates that they are getting ever closer to the Chappell Vault.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week in the Early Christmas I shaft, they discover an 80 foot stone! But it was an empty slate. Everything else they find indicates that they are getting ever closer to the Chappell Vault.
Ha ha... Another $5 million+ spent digging a huge hole in the ground to find nothing...

Do they really think a) Chappell vault exists and b) They have a chance of finding it?

There is no evidence that a 'vault' ever existed. All that was found was a corner piece of wood and a cavity. More likely that it was just the corner of an earlier searcher shaft.

The "vault' Legend was really created by Chappels son when he was trying to raise money for his search 30+ years after his father. There is no evidence that the original Chappel ever thought he had found anything of significance.

The fact that he gave up searching almost straight after he was meant to have found the vault suggests he did not believe he had found a treasure vault.

What are the Laginas basing there belief of Chappels Vault on?

Thanks for keeping us updated on the show Mike.. Much appreciated...

Kate~ScienceNerd

Dec 3, 2021
I had a difficult time deciphering the analysis of the "parchment" with the CT scan. Am I right in thinking they determined it was wax-coated paper, of a type used in wrapping dynamite, and then attributed its source to Bowdoin dynamiting a shaft he was trying to clear out back in 1909?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only "treasure" on Oak Island is in the advertising on the show. As long as people watch the show they will continue to look for the nonexistent treasure.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a difficult time deciphering the analysis of the "parchment" with the CT scan. Am I right in thinking they determined it was wax-coated paper, of a type used in wrapping dynamite, and then attributed its source to Bowdoin dynamiting a shaft he was trying to clear out back in 1909?
It took some replaying, but that's how I interpreted it when they said it could be the wrapping for explosives. I was almost waiting for them to say 'the wrapping for someone's lunch sandwich'.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread