Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah a note that says, 'we will see ya all next season suckers!' LOL

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the season finale, they discover more ancient wood from "the tunnel" as they get ever closer to the money pit.

For season 10, they enlist science to help, enlisting the company Ideon to survey detail around the money pit using cosmic-ray muon tomography. It will collect information over the winter and tell them exactly where to drop a can to find the gold in the Chappell Vault.

Also on season 10 - they may or may not obtain permission to excavate the Spanish Galleon, but they will try.

There was a drilling down episode, but it looks like a rehash of the Portugal visit, using Matty Blake. Probably even he cannot rescue that boring trip into something interesting.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
using cosmic-ray muon tomography. It will collect information over the winter and tell them exactly where to drop a can to find the gold in the Chappell Vault.

laser-beam-head.jpg

That will find it for sure..... A Cosmic Ray Gun will also solve the flooding problem I imagine..

Oh well 1 more year to wait for the treasure......

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She had a gold cross as proof, saying that was all that was left.
Treasure found, unless she was lying.....
That is the cross in the previous post.

The is also another explanation other than a lie.

It is possible that those women were told a "made up" story by an older family member ie their grandfather. So there story is true (in that they believe it) but this does not prove that the cross came from the pit.

I have seen no evidence that the gold cross is a fake or the descendants are trying to scam anyone. The story and pictures of the cross were published in the 1980s long before the Laginas were involved with Oak Island.

Personally I like to think it is true what they said as it does then give a basis for the legend. ie a small amount of treasure was found, Word got out and people went looking for more. Discovered some unusual stuff on oak Island and the legend grew..

However there is no actual evidence that support this story other than oral family history and earlier newspaper reports of that history...

Some of the earlier reports have gold coins also being in the family from the treasure. But I have never seen anyone alive claiming to have seen them Just old newspaper reports...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got the courage to watch the drilling down episode. It wasn't as bad as I was fearing - it turned out not to be a recap of Portugal, but mainly about the Mason history on Oak Island. I don't necessarily buy it as treasure related but they did show some mildly interesting tales.

jambone

Jan 26, 2013
Skunkington Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if the hammer grab destroys the ark of the covenant, the holy grail, and the lost menorah, LOL!?

The fact that they’re using it means they know there’s nothing down there.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
"For season 10, they enlist science to help, enlisting the company Ideon to survey detail around the money pit using cosmic-ray muon tomography. It will collect information over the winter and tell them exactly where to drop a can to find the gold in the Chappell Vault."

Only problem is it was Season 9 when they enlisted Ideon and towards the end of summer a detector was put in. Then 2 more at the Money Pit.

By my count it was 7 months ago, the time frame for return of data?

I looked at this (photo below) of some small drill rigs arriving and if I was putting 2 and 2 together, i would add up that the muon data is in, didn't return anything of a 'treasure' location (as there ain't one there) but showed a few minor voids which in themselves wouldn't produce enough content to commit another season of the show to unless something worthwhile turned up.

So what these rigs reveal is in those minor targets then will be the basis on which a decision is made to commit to Season 10 or leave Season 9 as the final?

croppy.jpg

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Basically, the fictional drama show is writing another story line utilizing cosmic rays in an attempt to keep the rubes watching the show.

Perhaps Gary Drayton will get exposed and end up with the powers of one of the Fantastic Four?

Thing.jpg

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep... For season 10 they may as well give up the pretense of looking for treasure and turn the show into something else. As shown by the earlier picture posted by Freeman the whole area has been dug multiple times and nothing has been found.

The idea that people do not know where the pit was is completely false. It was only the exact location not known all the other search holes were known of everyone after the first finders (from the 1850s onwards) The picture that shows where Laginas have dug some on there holes is just ridiculous. ie Lets dig a random massive hole in the ground as there may be treasure there...

They could do a "Dusk to Dawn" type switch and turn the show into a fight against Aliens... Maybe combine it with Season 2 of Halo.

The fantasy they are showing these days as just as credible as any other fantasy TV show....

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Has The Curse of Oak Island Been Renewed for A 10th Season?
The Curse of Oak Island is currently nearing the end of its 9th season and many people have already raised questions about what’s next for the show. At the moment, the series hasn’t been renewed for another season. That said, there’s nothing to suggest that the show will be canceled

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep... For season 10 they may as well give up the pretense of looking for treasure and turn the show into something else. As shown by the earlier picture posted by Freeman the whole area has been dug multiple times and nothing has been found.

The idea that people do not know where the pit was is completely false. It was only the exact location not known all the other search holes were known of everyone after the first finders (from the 1850s onwards) The picture that shows where Laginas have dug some on there holes is just ridiculous. ie Lets dig a random massive hole in the ground as there may be treasure there...

They could do a "Dusk to Dawn" type switch and turn the show into a fight against Aliens... Maybe combine it with Season 2 of Halo.

The fantasy they are showing these days as just as credible as any other fantasy TV show....
I never quite wrapped my head around the "We'll dig in the same spot a previous searcher DIDN'T find anything..." What is that saying about doing the same thing, and expecting different results?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show has gone far and beyond in proving what everyone has known for years, that there was never a money pit or treasure on the island, only fabricated stories of those wishing to fleece investors and advertisers.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
but you know once they X-ray the entire island - they may finally know where the largest deposits of pyrite (fool's gold) are located. Then they can show us the tunnels carved out by Cornish Miners long ago. And then drift off into another skinwalker's ranch tale of a cabbage farmer! These guys are pathetic!

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a surprise Digging Down episode from yesterday and have bad news: There's every likelihood of season 10! More info:

If the muon tomography shows where the Chappell Vault is, they won't do a hammer grab - instead they'll hire a tunneling company who can deal with the soil and water table issues. They'd fill it with shotcrete as they excavate and bring up all material in a conveyor.

Jack Begley says that he's more convinced than ever that the treasure is down there but "it keeps running away".

They have active researchers in multiple European locations over the winter going through the promising archives of the Templars, etc. It's possible that they could find more convincing artifacts than Zena Halpern's map.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the muon tomography shows where the Chappell Vault is...

Jack Begley says that he's more convinced than ever that the treasure is down there but "it keeps running away".
The fictional Chappell Vault keeps running away! Any cartoonists in here that can make a vault doing laps around the Money Pit? Maybe it ran to France where the last Templars lived? I'm sure there are plenty of fake map drawers all over the world. Europe just makes it sound more exotic and proves they have nothing new but lame attempts at baffling gullible viewers with B.S.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And when the Muon technology shows no such vault exists?
They will not let that get in the way.... There is a treasure to be found. The size of the treasure is equal to what they get from the History channel and associated revenues.

I am stunned that they must still think that a significant amount of people believe/think/hope the treasure is still there waiting to be found. How could ANYONE still believe that...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread