Season 9

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
They will not let that get in the way.... There is a treasure to be found. The size of the treasure is equal to what they get from the History channel and associated revenues.

I am stunned that they must still think that a significant amount of people believe/think/hope the treasure is still there waiting to be found. How could ANYONE still believe that...

Escalation of commitment:
is a human behavior pattern in which an individual or group facing increasingly negative outcomes from a decision, action, or investment nevertheless continues the behavior instead of altering course. The actor maintains behaviors that are irrational, but align with previous decisions and actions.

Kate~ScienceNerd

Dec 3, 2021
I found a surprise Digging Down episode from yesterday and have bad news: There's every likelihood of season 10! More info:

If the muon tomography shows where the Chappell Vault is, they won't do a hammer grab - instead they'll hire a tunneling company who can deal with the soil and water table issues. They'd fill it with shotcrete as they excavate and bring up all material in a conveyor.

Jack Begley says that he's more convinced than ever that the treasure is down there but "it keeps running away".

They have active researchers in multiple European locations over the winter going through the promising archives of the Templars, etc. It's possible that they could find more convincing artifacts than Zena Halpern's map.
Not a surprise epi. There's another one tomorrow night as well. At least the posters on here who never even watch the show will have something new to complain about.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
You must be talking about the Walking Chappell Vault: the one that everyone says is there but despite the entire area being drilled keeps on walking away......

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had expected Season 9 to be finished after the grand finale. But there was yet another Drilling Down episode tonight. It turned out to be mostly a recap episode. Jack Begley summed up the current situation as "We're getting close". The only question is can they drill / tunnel faster than the Chappell Vault is running away?

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only question is can they drill / tunnel faster than the Chappell Vault is running away?
chest.jpg

They will have to be fast to catch it.... I believe this is what there cosmic ray showed was down there...

Kate~ScienceNerd

Dec 3, 2021
The treasure of Saint Castin. History channel. It doesn't look like it's going to be broadcast in the US.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread