Season ended in style????

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, if today was my last time out this year, I'm fine with that because I had a great day.

I abandoned the hunt for Colonial finds and decided to do some plain old coin-shooting because I felt like finding a lot of targets and I knew I would need to dig a lot just to stay warm. So, off to one of my favorite parks. This park has been producing silver for years. It never seems to end !!! Today was no exception!!!

I dug 7 dimes (6 mercs and 1 Barber) and a Washington quarter. Also, got a 1873 IH and 20 early wheats.... The IH had a piece of iron literally stuck to it. I had to pry it off of the coin. I think I know how this one was missed all these years !!!

These were all found in a small area that I (and many others) have pounded for years... I can't explain it. I think the EXII was on steroids today...

Given the forecast, I'm not very optimistic that I'll get back out this year. But, I know where I'll be going come spring...

Here are some pics... Thanks for looking.

Brian

Attachments

• DSC01870.JPG
    DSC01870.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 858
  • DSC01871.JPG
    DSC01871.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 853
  • DSC01872.JPG
    DSC01872.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 839
Upvote 0

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good day's work.
Our season in the south is better now than the 'sweltering, humid weather' we had this year.

Fossis..............

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy your season went out with a bang. Congrats on some great finds. :thumbsup: :wav: :thumbsup:

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Brian. I think the season is over here too. I plan on trying to hunt next week some time even if it is only for an hour or 2. It's 18 degrees here right now though ::)

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
That is a great day, congrats on all that silver. I found a 1912 Barber today also, only silver found. Cold but the ground is not froze yet, it is forcast to be in the 50's in a day or two. HH
JDD

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
A perfect end to the season! :thumbsup:
That kind of day will keep you revved up until the thaw.
Mike

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Definitely ended your season in style! Glad you were able to get out again and you found some beauties, that is for sure!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow! Brian, style'n is right... WTG!!!
Super hunt, & way to sniff out that IH... :thumbsup:
You just can beat those EXII's...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
Brian in MA

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for all the replies. It looks like these finds are my last for the season as the ground is now frozen and snow is in the forecast.

plehbah said:
That 1873 Indian Head penny is BEAUTIFUL under that rust stain!

Why God, why?!?!?!?
Plehbah, You're right about the condition of the IH. I didn't even give it a second thought though because of the rust on it from the iron nail that was attached to it. Now, that the season is over I'll start cleaning up some of my finds. I'll be starting with that IH. Electrolysis sounds like the only method that may work.

If I have good results I'll post a pic of it.

Take care everyone !!!

Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread