Season finale of Superstition Mountains show....

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch. I have some opinions about the show and all, but as a few others have pointed out, it's a tv show - it's mainly for entertainment.

I'm brand new to this site but have lurked for a while. I didn't come here for this topic - but I'd seen it mentioned that there was a show, so I started watching. Anyway, just from lurking, it's pretty well established that a few of the cast members are active members of this site and participate regularly in discussions. That said, it kinda sucks to see people posting mean comments about the cast members. What we see on tv is a fraction of what they're probably like in person, and they aren't 'real' actors - so we're not going to see Oscar-worthy performances.

Yeah, being on tv means people willl probably form opinions that aren't favorable of you, but considering how active these guys are on this forum, I'm sure they see these opinions, and it probably stings a bit. It's easy to sit in front of a tv and make assumptions about these people, but keep in mind that they are still people.

Just my two cents on that subject.

On another note, I have also wondered about the unchanging wardrobes, and Frank's cigar, etc LOL. Another thing is the helicopters. I don't know anything about tv production, and perhaps there are other ways, but my thoughts are that they had to get those aerial shots somehow!

Gazer,

Welcome to the forum!

Can we ask are you a male of female just for formalities?

Tell me about it!
I did two shows in 2000 and 2003 and I'm still hated!!

Almost got syndicated almost.

And your right we're not Actors but when they tell you: "do not memorize your lines" and you don't look out! A big tip: Always memorize your lines!

And when the Director starts saying: " Look at my reflection" you start laughing and you can't stop!

At least the second show was ad-lib comedy. They made me buy more of the same clothes and you would think they would want your clothes changed. So I started watching TV shows for what they were wearing and guess what? They had the same clothes on.

They did use drones in the legend series though and the Helicopters were buzzing the tundra scaring up game.

Thanks for your comments glad to see you are watching the series and have a nice evening.

Enjoy!

havekk

Mar 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All a lawyer needs is a copy of the last episode to file a lawsuit. There wasn't even a warning preceding the show that what follows is a reconstruction, or a work of fiction, and someone is going to have a field day with this.

I thought it was pretty irresponsible for Go-Go Luckey to do something like that- film someone going up the ladder to the bat cave without some sort of disclaimer preceding the episode. Even if the FS remove the ladder, someone is still going to try and freestyle up to the crevice.

Hi fellas. I'm new here but I had to comment on this as there seem to be a ton of armchair lawyers on this site. The reason they can do it with no fear is a little something called "assumption of risk". You assume the risk of being injured in this open and obvious peril. You cant just say, " well they said there was treasure up there " lol. I suppose someone is gonna sue the production company from City Slickers because they didn't warn you that it was a movie? Please don't get hurt looking for Curleys gold. You won't win the case. The law doesn't work in quite that manner. And don't get me wrong... You can sue anyone for anything. Doesn't mean you will win.

Trust me, there will be no lawsuits ROFL.

R

RMG1976

Hi fellas. I'm new here but I had to comment on this as there seem to be a ton of armchair lawyers on this site. The reason they can do it with no fear is a little something called "assumption of risk". You assume the risk of being injured in this open and obvious peril. You cant just say, " well they said there was treasure up there " lol. I suppose someone is gonna sue the production company from City Slickers because they didn't warn you that it was a movie? Please don't get hurt looking for Curleys gold. You won't win the case. The law doesn't work in quite that manner. And don't get me wrong... You can sue anyone for anything. Doesn't mean you will win.

Trust me, there will be no lawsuits ROFL.

Please go educate yourself - trust ME, you're wrong ��

Stunt Videos - Don't Try this at Home | Videomaker.com

Removatron Intern. Corp. v. FTC, 884 F.2d 1489 (1st Cir. 1989)

Video disclaimers are different in context, but the idea is the same - viewers should be fairly notified of any risks they might subject themselves to. The way this is done in the context of the UCC is through bold print, capital letters, underlines, and so forth. Similarly, videos may conspicuously place disclaimers in the beginning of a video, in large, clearly visible letters, etc., just as the show Jackass did.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I suppose someone is gonna sue the production company from City Slickers because they didn't warn you that it was a movie?

You will see a variation of the below statement at the end of every movie including, you guessed it, "City Slickers":

blog1.jpg

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JEEEEEEEEZUS,

There won't be any lawsuits .................... UNLESS ........................ some idiot finds the location of the Bat Cave, then falls off the ladder while looking for the cross that isn't there. They won't care about any "assumption of risk" and they won't care about disclaimers. Since nobody in the US is responsible for their own actions any more, everybody gets sued! HAHAHA ................. and I will probably get sued as well for my preemptive sarcasm.

Mike

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
JEEEEEEEEZUS,

There won't be any lawsuits .................... UNLESS ........................ some idiot finds the location of the Bat Cave, then falls off the ladder while looking for the cross that isn't there. They won't care about any "assumption of risk" and they won't care about disclaimers. Since nobody in the US is responsible for their own actions any more, everybody gets sued! HAHAHA ................. and I will probably get sued as well for my preemptive sarcasm.

Mike

"Assumption of risk" isn't applicable here because this would be a duplication of an act that is perceived to be acceptable, since there was no disclaimer or warning.

It's the reason why you see this disclaimer in very fine print below every car commercial: "Professional drivers on closed course. Do not attempt."

Last edited:
R

RMG1976

"Assumption of risk" isn't applicable here because what happened was a duplication of an act that is perceived to be acceptable, since there was no disclaimer or warning.

It's the reason why you see this disclaimer in very fine print below every car commercial: "Professional drivers on closed course. Do not attempt."

And lets not forget about the warning labels on McDonald's coffee now!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And lets not forget about the warning labels on McDonald's coffee now!

I have that one beat! A while back, I think it was Washington State or Oregon, they had some kind of "He Man Competition". One of the events was the "refrigerator relay" where guys ran with a refrigerator strapped on their backs. One guy hurt his back and sued, so now (I don'tr remember if its Whirlpool or Amana) has to include warning labels that the refrigerator is only to be used for the storage and cooling of food and drinks. HAHAHA

Mike

R

RMG1976

I have that one beat! A while back, I think it was Washington State or Oregon, they had some kind of "He Man Competition". One of the events was the "refrigerator relay" where guys ran with a refrigerator strapped on their backs. One guy hurt his back and sued, so now (I don'tr remember if its Whirlpool or Amana) has to include warning labels that the refrigerator is only to be used for the storage and cooling of food and drinks. HAHAHA

Mike

Gollum - I am going to sue you for trying to show me up in public. One-upping people is now considered a criminal offense.

:hello:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Austin,

For once I can say that I heartily agree with everything you posted there!

NOBODY EVER said the show was a documentary about Dutch Hunters. IT'S ENTERTAINMENT FOR TV!

MIke
I owe you an apology. I attacked your credibility online and I was wrong. I didn't try to understand you, I just jumped to conclusions that were way off base. I agree with a great deal of what you write, I'm just too old and opinionated to admit it. Anyway, I truly am sorry and I look forward to reading your posts in the future. As for the show, well, I sit and watch Pawn Stars all day, then wonder why. So when something that treats legend, folklore and adventure shows up, I just try to never miss it. I'm just one of those old farts that would stay up all night watching the Test Pattern, if it was still available. Anyway, keep the posts coming. I'll look forward to them...frank charles

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay Mike yeah it's been a while, I still have a vested interest in Kokoweef, and still involved. As far as new and exciting, we are always following new leads and getting excited, but as we grow older we are not following them as fast as we once did LOL.

I was going to get involved with Kokoweef.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I owe you an apology. I attacked your credibility online and I was wrong. I didn't try to understand you, I just jumped to conclusions that were way off base. I agree with a great deal of what you write, I'm just too old and opinionated to admit it. Anyway, I truly am sorry and I look forward to reading your posts in the future. As for the show, well, I sit and watch Pawn Stars all day, then wonder why. So when something that treats legend, folklore and adventure shows up, I just try to never miss it. I'm just one of those old farts that would stay up all night watching the Test Pattern, if it was still available. Anyway, keep the posts coming. I'll look forward to them...frank charles

Austin,

Thanks much for that Frank. All water under the bridge. I will say that I do not make up things, and I don't lie about this stuff. While some of my information is privileged, the greatest majority is in the public arena and available to anybody that knows where to look.

I asked you one question before, that I never got an answer to. It all goes to the "knowing where to look" as well as "recognizing what you are seeing". Many scholars have read Padre Kino's Diaries. My guess is that you have as well. Being educated on that subject in particular, I think you may have even read the original Spanish Version. In that version, Padre Kino drew some interesting little symbols with no explanation:

View attachment 1133961

Ever see that before? A friend of mine in Tumacacori showed me that several years ago. There are several such things if you know where to look, and recognize what you see.

Thanks Again - Mike

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike- attachment is invalid. Would you mind reloading it please?

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to find the LDM, it is within 25 yards from that bat cave with the cross in it! (you're welcome).

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Ouch. I have some opinions about the show and all, but as a few others have pointed out, it's a tv show - it's mainly for entertainment.

I'm brand new to this site but have lurked for a while. I didn't come here for this topic - but I'd seen it mentioned that there was a show, so I started watching. Anyway, just from lurking, it's pretty well established that a few of the cast members are active members of this site and participate regularly in discussions. That said, it kinda sucks to see people posting mean comments about the cast members. What we see on tv is a fraction of what they're probably like in person, and they aren't 'real' actors - so we're not going to see Oscar-worthy performances.

Yeah, being on tv means people willl probably form opinions that aren't favorable of you, but considering how active these guys are on this forum, I'm sure they see these opinions, and it probably stings a bit. It's easy to sit in front of a tv and make assumptions about these people, but keep in mind that they are still people.

Just my two cents on that subject.

On another note, I have also wondered about the unchanging wardrobes, and Frank's cigar, etc LOL. Another thing is the helicopters. I don't know anything about tv production, and perhaps there are other ways, but my thoughts are that they had to get those aerial shots somehow!

Aerial shots these days are mostly done with R/C quadcopters (and you can bet one was used to check out the ladder and the bat cave before anyone climbed up there. Wondering why the "team" hasn't "invested" in one for search and survey use.............

mpwuzhere

Mar 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie here and don't know as much as most of you, although I have been reading about the Dutchman for years. I enjoy watching the show just to see that great Arizona scenery. I was stationed at Ft Huachuca in the 1950s and we spent a lot of time messing around the old mines in the Tombstone area. We found a small cave once in the Dragoon mountains that had a cross carved in the stone over the entrance and you could see a hole in the wall that looked like it had once held a torch because the ceiling above it was black with soot. No gold and no treasure but intriguing.

I was in the Reserves and National Guard at Huachuca....wish I got to look around that area some more when I was there. I was with the 8th BN, 40th Armor and E-Troop 118th Cav before I moved to Washington...

I also worked with the structural firm that designed the walkways for Kartchner Caverns just south of I-10 on the way to Huachuca....

mpwuzhere

Mar 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
edit. The bat population is in big trouble in the United States. Think about that before you feel inspired to take a look for yourself. There are literally hundreds of other places to explore.
I worked with the structural engineering firm that made Kartchner Caverns open to the public...Actually I drew some of the pathways through the caverns when I was a drafter there.... The reason they take only a certain amount of people and have airlocks...is because of the bat population. So seeing the "Bat Cave" on the show immediately made me think of Kartchner...

mpwuzhere

Mar 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They did the same thing for Oak Island and our members ran the production crew out of here. Bahahahaha

slowest member of WCPR
Damn....I liked Oak Island too....next thing you know there will be a show about the hidden conspiracy about lotteries that use balls....I'll probably like that show too since I play the lottery too much...

bearcat6

Greenie
Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn....I liked Oak Island too....next thing you know there will be a show about the hidden conspiracy about lotteries that use balls....I'll probably like that show too since I play the lottery too much...
The Dutchman hid his gold on Oak Island.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread