Seated Park delivers again! Dime trifecta and better date Indians

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As this is the last weekend before we Cape Codders get the annual tourist invasion, I thought I'd take a trip to my favorite park in my old hometown. I left before sunrise to beat the heat and humidity and conditions were perfect- ground was nice & wet from the overnight rain the day before, and the Nox was sniffing out coins I would never have imagined I missed on my previous 300+ trips.
Hunted an idea that tends to accumulate water and most of the finds reflect that. Best signal was a constant high tone, about 7-8 inches down. Once I got to the point where the probe sounded off, I pulled up a handful of dirt with a high-ringing coin, but when I stuck the probe in again, another signal. Separated the two and each turned out to be a silver dime- one was a 1908-O Barber and the other a 17 Merc. A little later I got another high tone, this one turned out to be an 1877-S Seated dime, directly up and down. That one marked the 30th Seated dime from this park and 35th Seated coin.
I also managed 3 Indians, 2 better-date 1867 & 1876, in rough shape, and an 1882, and 1912 & 1917 wheats. The place never ceases to amaze.

Enjoy the pics & HH!
Jeff

Attachments

• SeatedR1.JPG
    SeatedR1.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 114
  • SeatedR2.JPG
    SeatedR2.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 92
  • SeatedR3.JPG
    SeatedR3.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 78
  • SeatedR4.JPG
    SeatedR4.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 75
  • SeatedR5.JPG
    SeatedR5.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 23

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice coins, especially that Seated dime. Wish I could find an old dig-friendly park around here. Good luck with tourist season. Memorial Day weekend seems to me to be the unofficial start of the rush., or at least a preview of what is to come. Good luck and HH!.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As this is the last weekend before we Cape Codders get the annual tourist invasion, I thought I'd take a trip to my favorite park in my old hometown. I left before sunrise to beat the heat and humidity and conditions were perfect- ground was nice & wet from the overnight rain the day before, and the Nox was sniffing out coins I would never have imagined I missed on my previous 300+ trips.
Hunted an idea that tends to accumulate water and most of the finds reflect that. Best signal was a constant high tone, about 7-8 inches down. Once I got to the point where the probe sounded off, I pulled up a handful of dirt with a high-ringing coin, but when I stuck the probe in again, another signal. Separated the two and each turned out to be a silver dime- one was a 1908-O Barber and the other a 17 Merc. A little later I got another high tone, this one turned out to be an 1877-S Seated dime, directly up and down. That one marked the 30th Seated dime from this park and 35th Seated coin.
I also managed 3 Indians, 2 better-date 1867 & 1876, in rough shape, and an 1882, and 1912 & 1917 wheats. The place never ceases to amaze.

Enjoy the pics & HH!
Jeff
Very Nice!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Enjoy the pics & HH!
Jeff
Love old coins...the soil was not kind to a couple of them but still great recoveries!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think it's amazing how nice the '77 Seated looks compared to how the Barber and the Merc came out of the ground.
:hello2:Just goes to prove, that no site is ever really hunted out, especially with today's improved detector technology.
Dave

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Enjoy the pics & HH!
Jeff
Nice site you got there. Congratulations:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread