Seated park FINALLY gives me another one!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those of you who know me or have seen my posts through the years know I have a favorite old park in my home town, that I have dubbed Seated Park.

I started hunting this park 25 years ago this month, have hunted there over 300 times and have nearly 1000 keepers, including (until today) 33 Seated's- consisting of 1 half-dime, 28 dimes, 3 quarters and one half dollar.

Due to assorted old man injuries, work, heat waves and whatever else, I haven't hunted since the spring, but since it's a 3-day weekend, I'm off and finally feeling better, I decided to venture off Cape and wake the Nox up.

Ground was soft after all the recent rain and signals were surprisingly plentiful- dug an assortment of good-sounding shell casings and the like, but one signal stood out- high tone, numbers 28 to 31 on every swing in every direction. This park has been hit for so long, I figured this had to be a clad quarter, but it was pretty deep, so fingers-crossed. Second scoop said I had it out and once I tossed the dirt in my bucket and swung the probe, it popped right out- I could tell it was worn but my eyes could not make out what it was. Popped off the little dirt that was on it and took a pic, then zoomed- it was a seated- at long last- a very worn 1877, but a beauty nonetheless.

Also nabbed a pair of Indians- a very nice 1862 C/N and a very worn 1896, plus one wheat, a 1910. It's amazing that the place still produces the way it does, and I'm very grateful for that. Hopefully this is just the beginning of a good fall hunting season.

Thanks for looking and HH all!

Attachments

• 1877SeatedDime090421R.jpg
    1877SeatedDime090421R.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 48
  • SeatedPk1R.JPG
    SeatedPk1R.JPG
    379.6 KB · Views: 94
  • SeatedPk2R.JPG
    SeatedPk2R.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 24

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats!! We can't wait for our first seated! Sounds like a great spot!

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW ... 1000 keepers from one site over time - how cool is that - congrats on the newest finds ! :occasion14:

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go Jeff! It's so satisfying when well worked ground gives uo another keeper. Well done, my friend....well done.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotta love those spots that produce multiple seateds. Only found one this year and from my old fairgrounds spot that produced about the same number as your park.

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the nice finds, especially the Seated. I can’t imagine finding that many Seated coins, let alone in one location. Wow!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread