Second sterling ring today

Channon

Feb 8, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) purposely worded its ruling on metal detecting on their properties vague so as to deter people from detecting. I had a problem with a park ranger and after debating for a while gave up but I emailed the state and determined that I was correct. I went back to the site I wanted to go to and found this ring. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532224603.321016.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532224612.109338.jpg

Upvote 12

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Way to fight the fight and come out winning!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice determination and nice ing- Congrats!

-- Jeff --

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice find! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Channon

Channon

Feb 8, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find! :icon_thumleft: How was the ruling worded?

“With the exception of coastal and inland sandy beaches, no person may use or offer for use metal detectors, except with permission from DCR personnel, for the purposes of locating lost personal property”

The people I’ve dealt with ignore the first sentence and then make excuses after you explain to them what that statement means. The guy had an email printed out which didn’t include the first sentence. I had the regulation already up on my phone but he still wasn’t budging. His last argument was “well I don’t feel comfortable letting you metal detect on a beach with people”.

adit

Apr 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x ,
Tesoro Vaquero
Interesting looking ring .

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“With the exception of coastal and inland sandy beaches, no person may use or offer for use metal detectors, except with permission from DCR personnel, for the purposes of locating lost personal property”

The people I’ve dealt with ignore the first sentence and then make excuses after you explain to them what that statement means. The guy had an email printed out which didn’t include the first sentence. I had the regulation already up on my phone but he still wasn’t budging. His last argument was “well I don’t feel comfortable letting you metal detect on a beach with people”.

A great example of why you don't ask government employees (or anyone else for that matter) for permission to detect. Many times they don't know the rules themselves, or, they have their own personal biases that enter into it. It's good to see you looked up the rules yourself and armed with that info you were able to return and detect. Well done! :icon_thumleft:

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idk why this didn't post like I wanted it to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread