Second time out with the Legend Scores Double Silver!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first outing to learn the Legend was Wednesday at a small park that I've hunted pretty hard all this winter. The soil was the driest I've ever seen it there, so I didn't expect much. Well, I managed $5.33 in clad in 3 hours. Not bad.
I had about 2 hours to kill yesterday evening before dinner, so I hit my local park. This is a very small park right in my neighborhood. Because of the proximity to home, I detect this park often when I have just a short time to hunt or when trying out a new coil, headphones, settings or just a new technique. I have never found anything at this park beyond clad.
Well, kablam! The Legend managed to sniff out a 1960-D rosie and a pretty 925 cross in heart pendant, with complete chain! The dime was about 7 inches down in very dry and crusty soil, and the pendant was about 3 inches down and right next to a sprinkler head. I almost didn't dig it because I thought the sprinkler was freaking out the Legend. Going to have to trust this thing!

I'm on some kinda roll with finding religious stuff, maybe a sign? :dontknow:

Attachments

• 0325221829_2.jpeg
    0325221829_2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 142
  • 0325221829b_2.jpeg
    0325221829b_2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
  • 0325221829a.jpeg
    0325221829a.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
  • 0326221102.jpeg
    0326221102.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 40
Upvote 11

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice recoveries!
You did well not breaking the chain on that pendant, I have not been as fortunate LOL.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
are there dollar coins mixed in? Look like about a $1 in clad...nice finds on the pendant and silver.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
The clad in the pic is from yesterday, not Wednesday.
makes sense with all these new versions of the coins... I had stopped for 10 years... when I find them I am like what the Fk is this lol... also notice these shield cents are just as bad as the zincolns before them... I have one that was ate in half already crazy! Really like the pendant!

Not always what it is worth as much as the fun finding it!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first outing to learn the Legend was Wednesday at a small park that I've hunted pretty hard all this winter. The soil was the driest I've ever seen it there, so I didn't expect much. Well, I managed $5.33 in clad in 3 hours. Not bad.
I had about 2 hours to kill yesterday evening before dinner, so I hit my local park. This is a very small park right in my neighborhood. Because of the proximity to home, I detect this park often when I have just a short time to hunt or when trying out a new coil, headphones, settings or just a new technique. I have never found anything at this park beyond clad.
Well, kablam! The Legend managed to sniff out a 1960-D rosie and a pretty 925 cross in heart pendant, with complete chain! The dime was about 7 inches down in very dry and crusty soil, and the pendant was about 3 inches down and right next to a sprinkler head. I almost didn't dig it because I thought the sprinkler was freaking out the Legend. Going to have to trust this thing!

Nice detail and design on the pendant....keep seeking...you won't be disappointed :)

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Love that silver!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice recoveries!
You did well not breaking the chain on that pendant, I have not been as fortunate LOL.
It was pure luck that I didn't saw right through it when I dug the plug. The chain was stretched out through the grass roots and just happened to be where my plug was 'hinged' back. Gotta love dumb luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions