ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets have a Metal Detecting cookout on the beach...
Invite MD companies to set up...
Have some MD competition's etc. :P

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh... Censorship at it's finest. Guess my reply was deleted for calling this "detectorist" a dbag. Ok, fair enough.

1. The guard is an idiot.
2. The "detectorist" is an idiot.

If you watch the videos made by this "detectorist" you will find that he routinely leaves open holes, with his trash often placed back into the hole, and or, laid outside of the hole. In one of them, this "detectorist" actually takes the trash and places it on the hotels deck. A real class act. While this joke-of-a-guard was wrong, this "detectorist" antagonized the situation and was combative. It is idiots like this which will ruin it for us all. Your told to leave, ask why, move on. If you have a problem with it outside of that, contact the hotel directly and take it up at that time.

Personally, I hope to encounter this "detectorist" while pillaging the beach, so I can "educate" him accordingly.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh... Censorship at it's finest. Guess my reply was deleted for calling this "detectorist" a dbag. Ok, fair enough.

If you watch the videos made by this "detectorist" you will find that he routinely leaves open holes, with his trash often placed back into the hole, and or, laid outside of the hole. In one of them, this "detectorist" actually takes the trash and places it on the hotels deck. A real class act. While this joke-of-a-guard was wrong, this "detectorist" antagonized the situation and was combative. It is idiots like this which will ruin it for us all. Your told to leave, ask why, move on. If you have a problem with it outside of that, contact the hotel directly and take it up at that time.

Personally, I hope to encounter this "detectorist" while pillaging the beach, so I can "educate" him accordingly.

Really ?
Hmmm I have not watched dudes vids...
Whata jag off.

I rarely watch detecting vids...
Most just irritate me.

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PCI, Post Card Inn, was of major concern to locals and city officials before and even more after the brawl during spring break this year. Complaints came from many locals about the excessive partying and drinking that were going on during the weekend and the amount of trash constantly left on the beach. The hotel had just been sold to new owners and was due for a big makeover. Security, renovations, and restrictions were long over due. Security is on the beach on weekends and holidays only, and hotel workers are sent out at the end of the day and early in the morning to pick up the trash which if not picked up, usually ended up in the water or spread out on adjacent properties during a late afternoon or night storm.
The security stops people from bringing their coolers full of booze to the beach. They, PCI, have a beach parking lot that they charge for parking and control from that point what you can take out there. If you are on PCI beach the security can check your cooler...but only on their beach which is a good ways up from the water, the guards will report to the sheriff if they see you with alcohol anywhere around their property, they want you to buy from their beach bar only and then you can drink on their beach.
The guard is named Mack and he has had complaints made against him....this might be the last one. Lots of people come to SPB on vacation and bring their detectors. I have meet many year after year and they do not need a rouge wanna be cop on a power trip being a total jerk to their tourist. Not good PR!
This is the brawl that went viral that got the beach officials so mad that they warned PCI to get the problem under control.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I agree with you. I watched several of his videos where he left trash. Same thing happened to me yesterday here in Jensen. Guy jumped in ahead of me detecting with a whites PI. Then dug holes left them open and left in bottle caps and other trash he did not want. I filled the holes. The guy in Clearwater is clearly young and taking his detector to get videos of chicks. He really needs to grow up.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The first shot is a google earth of PCI.

The second one is from the property appraisers office, the green box, center of the photos, is their property. They have zero authority outside the green box.

Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 4.56.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 4.56.18 PM.png

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
I agree with you. I watched several of his videos where he left trash. Same thing happened to me yesterday here in Jensen. Guy jumped in ahead of me detecting with a whites PI. Then dug holes left them open and left in bottle caps and other trash he did not want. I filled the holes. The guy in Clearwater is clearly young and taking his detector to get videos of chicks. He really needs to grow up.

No. He is grown up. He needs an ankle gps...

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now I am torn... I had plans to beep one of my beaches this Sat... but seems a road trip to St. Pete is in order... I would like to meet Mack myself...

aint skeered

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I am torn... I had plans to beep one of my beaches this Sat... but seems a road trip to St. Pete is in order... I would like to meet Mack myself...

aint skeered

Tell "mack" he is the center of attention on Tnet...
That there are metal detectorists in uproar worldwide... and they have shovels and scoops full of dirt...
ready to build a "mack monument" on behalf of his superiority complex.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MiamiFox

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
The first shot is a google earth of PCI.

The second one is from the property appraisers office, the green box, center of the photos, is their property. They have zero authority outside the green box.

View attachment 1197809

View attachment 1197812

Nice work G.I.B. and for all the great comments from everyone. If I lived closer I would love to do a group hunt on a day that guard was working.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know guys and gals...
This could just be a case of "he did not know"...

For example...
He gets the job...
The "rulebook" to enforce is explained or given...
There is a "no metal detecting on the property rule"...
Mack knows that the beach belongs to his "employer"...

But unaware of the "extent" of that... the "property" boundaries and such.

OR !!!

HE DETECTS ! :P

Last edited:

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vacationers from all over the world come to St Pete Beach to enjoy the sand & water. Many people come here to metal detect, which is a favored beach activity. The publicity from this video will not help the Tourist Industry in St Pete, as many metal detector hobbyists will find friendlier beaches on which to take a vacation. Plus the Security Guard was RUDE. My guess is that this video gets a lot of hits because of the Security Guard.

Plus, most of us take more junk off the beaches than coins, including fishing hooks and sharp metals.

I was shocked to see this security guard acting so rude and ignorant of the actual laws, as we can clearly see that the metal detector was way below the high water mark. Plus the Security Guard said he owned the water too? This is a good way to drive tourists to other beaches.

i have stayed at PCI twice, but no more.

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Heyjak

Oct 22, 2012
Long island
Detector(s) used
Whites vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No,The rude person was metal detecting 2 feet from people's blankets as for cleaning up trash yeah that bottle cap at 7 inches was an eyesore

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of wrongs here. 15 min. of fame on Utube and clearly he has no idea why the mall cop was attempting to get him to move on. Had he stayed in the water id be amazed if there would have been a problem at all..... and ya he bought a Go Pro to video girls some without their permission. DewGuru..... i think your term for him fits. The mall cop clearly doesnt know the law of property line here in Fl...... but im sure his peacock method has worked before. In this case he needed to told the real reason...... hes making people uncomfortable and he was clearly up in the towel line beyond where he should have been at that time of the day. Some people in uniform exceed their authority. Id moved to the water and moved on...... ooooo but then im not sure his detector even worked there. He doesnt have a clue.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
And in doing so he ruins all our reputations. I think he should be tracked down and told to buzz off from the hobby. Laws usually don't state the real reason for a ban..."that guy" like this one usually does all the damage. I like watching detecting videos but there is a small portion of them that are flat out made by people that want to record people on the beach. And when you look at his machine it's probably cost less then the gopro. Hh gl-Joe

A lot of wrongs here. 15 min. of fame on Utube and clearly he has no idea why the mall cop was attempting to get him to move on. Had he stayed in the water id be amazed if there would have been a problem at all..... and ya he bought a Go Pro to video girls some without their permission. DewGuru..... i think your term for him fits. The mall cop clearly doesnt know the law of property line here in Fl...... but im sure his peacock method has worked before. In this case he needed to told the real reason...... hes making people uncomfortable and he was clearly up in the towel line beyond where he should have been at that time of the day. Some people in uniform exceed their authority. Id moved to the water and moved on...... ooooo but then im not sure his detector even worked there. He doesnt have a clue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread