Selling a intriguing shipreck manuscript of a US MILITARY SHIP FROM CIVIL WAR, POSSIBLE TREASURE!

OP
OP
B

bjcvieira

Sep 25, 2015
LIsbon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No argument there; as the original poster and seller you are in total control of what we see. And to your credit, posting those pictures should provide some help to anyone who is interested. Without doing that, it would have been like me posting something along the lines of, "I have a car for sale. It's a Dodge. Who's interested". But by far the biggest hurdle you face is getting someone to pay for information to a potential treasure that in all likelihood, they won't be allowed to keep. Even if the cargo is just steel silverware, it's the property of the United States government until they say otherwise. And if it's something valuable, it's pretty much certain they won't say otherwise. So in that sense, your buyer market is limited to people who have historical/glory/publicity motives. The people hoping to score something monetarily valuable are going to get scooped by the Feds should they find anything.
Yes! but that happens with almost any shipreck and still and in most cases without knowing any detail they still go after (like the spanish armada vessels) investing lots of money in something they don't even know if they will find! So investing in a manuscript that put the X on the location of a civil war steam vessel shipreck is something unique for itself! if we combine the fact that somebody hide this fact and the navy archives report the vessel as dismantle and sold and never lost, we have all the reasons to believe this vessel was envolved in a strange situation/mission that can be directly related with the cargo it had.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, simple logic and deduction tells us since you won't tell us the name of the ship in question, it's a ship whose name, location, contents and how it sunk is attainable elsewhere.

If it was a ship who's contents and whereabouts were unknown and was listed in the Navy record as never having been lost, you'd tell the name of the ship and when it was lost, as it would drive the value of your manuscript through the roof!

The theory it was some ship on a secret mission is contradicted by the signature page itself you posted. If it was a secret mission, you wouldn't have the crew members, after the fact, signing their names to some foreign document who then could be tracked down. First step in a cover up is making sure the witnesses aren't known.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bjcvieira

Sep 25, 2015
LIsbon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, simple logic and deduction tells us since you won't tell us the name of the ship in question, it's a ship whose name, location, contents and how it sunk is attainable elsewhere.

If it was a ship who's contents and whereabouts were unknown and was listed in the Navy record as never having been lost, you'd tell the name of the ship and when it was lost, as it would drive the value of your manuscript through the roof!

The theory it was some ship on a secret mission is contradicted by the signature page itself you posted. If it was a secret mission, you wouldn't have the crew members, after the fact, signing their names to some foreign document who then could be tracked down. First step in a cover up is making sure the witnesses aren't known.
Your logic is wrong, first a declaration of shipreck is of vital importance for the crew to proof the sunk of the ship, even more if it had important cargo that could be stolen, second as i said earlier there was help from local vessels (maybe fishermans) so the local authories were warned, third the document could be so "tracked down" that more than 150 years have pass and i was the first one to know the story! I have satisfy the curiosity of fellows members of this site, this is a unique document than can lead to something very important, who understands this has my contact i have no doubt that a serious researcher will appear and see the potencial at all levels of this document, in a time when History Channel as example has lots of series based on 0 evidences, i have here the prooft of the existence of a civil era vessel lost in africa, this by iltself would made a fantastic tv series.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your logic is wrong,
Logically, If my logic was wrong, you'd post the name of the ship. It would drive the interest in, and value of, the manuscript through the roof! As is, it may fetch a few bucks to some historical document collector, like yourself.

i was the first one to know the story! I

No, this ship had a whole crew of survivors who were direct witnesses to it's sinking, which, for all we know was just a "cattle" ship that sunk in the harbor. If these witnesses were sworn to some sort of secrecy, they woulnd't be signing their names on some foreign document. That's just not logical.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please do not interfere in the sale.

OP
OP
B

bjcvieira

Sep 25, 2015
LIsbon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your logic is wrong, first a declaration of shipreck is of vital importance for the crew to proof the sunk of the ship, even more if it had important cargo that could be stolen, second as i said earlier there was help from local vessels (maybe fishermans) so the local authories were warned, third the document could be so "tracked down" that more than 150 years have pass and i was the first one to know the story! I have satisfy the curiosity of fellows members of this site, this is a unique document than can lead to something very important, who understands this has my contact.

Believe me! This issue will be famous, and some persons will regret not take the opportunity! If I was in USA my need to post to sell will not happen.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe me! This issue will be famous, and some persons will regret not take the opportunity!
Oh, i believe you, 100 percent! Definitely an added bonus too that it'll bring fame to who ever buys it and discovers the ship! I take it you don't want to go down in history as being the one who discovers it and the possible fortune it may bring?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bjcvieira

Sep 25, 2015
LIsbon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, i believe you, 100 percent! Definitely an added bonus too that it'll bring fame to who ever buys it and discovers the ship! I take it you don't want to go down in history as being the one who discovers it and the possible fortune it may bring?
Hello,

I don't have either the time or the logistic to do a recovery of this ship, ofcourse i would like to solve this puzzle and found this ship and possible treasure even if big part of it had to be returned to USA.

Regards,

Bruno Vieira

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked GoDeep yesterday to not interfere in the sale and it was ignored.

These posts will disappear.

I did not ignore your instructions. I have taken it to PM with the seller and am discussing pricing and how to set up a viewing. I have not decided whether i will or will not buy it yet, I view it as a historical document, thats why i was asking probing questions, any serious potential buyer would ask the same questions and more.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not ignore your instructions. I have taken it to PM with the seller and am discussing pricing and how to set up a viewing. I have not decided whether i will or will not buy it yet, thats why i was asking probing quetions.
Then please ask them via PM.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread