Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys. I’m still super pumped up! This afternoon I hit my favorite Seminole war fort again. I hit the same yard I pulled that artillery button out of yesterday. I didn’t arrive until four o clock so I didn’t have much time. I decided to change tactics and detect right along the road. After finding a musketball and a game piece I thought I was done. To my surprise I pulled out this 1837 8 real that was laying on a bed of old period square nails.
Any ideas on how to get the iron off the coin? Any help would be appreciated.
One of my favorite Seminole war fort finds ever!
Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all!
173EA9BF-3736-45AD-B9EB-C0742A7E7C14.jpeg
B6227544-F21A-41EA-A4BA-8E5618C55BE3.jpeg

Upvote 116

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. I’m still super pumped up! This afternoon I hit my favorite Seminole war fort again. I hit the same yard I pulled that artillery button out of yesterday. I didn’t arrive until four o clock so I didn’t have much time. I decided to change tactics and detect right along the road. After finding a musketball and a game piece I thought I was done. To my surprise I pulled out this 1837 8 real that was laying on a bed of old period square nails.
Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all! View attachment 2006847 View attachment 2006848
Great find!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man! Amazing find! Congrats!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all! View attachment 2006847 View attachment 2006848
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is an awesome coin! I have used electrolysis, silver polish and Q tips on mine, but I am not the expert on cleaning coins. I go very slow on each step when I clean mine, but each persons taste on cleaning is different so keep this in mind.
The coin shooters may have some great ideas as I am a relic guy. You have a wonderful find!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
holy cow, awesome save! big time gratz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread