Service Members - Thank You For Your Service - May you have a good Memorial Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
God Bless the families of the fallen. God Bless America!

Attachments

• 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 22

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All members please remember that we bring our flags down to half-staff today.
Not sure I can do that with my flag. Don't want to be disrespectful..Is it considered inappropriate to display the flag today if not at half-staff?

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure I can do that with my flag. Don't want to be disrespectful..Is it considered inappropriate to display the flag today if not at half-staff?
Perhaps i am out of line by stating this opinion...

But IMO I think a flag flown in any fashion is perfectly OK... I think every person should place a flag... raise a flag... display a flag... in any way shape or form on this day.

Doesn't bother me how they display it... what bothers me is that they didn't.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I was saying is that we should respect the day and display our American flag at half-staff. I do not understand why you cannot do that. The end of your words state that it is the proper thing to do exactly that?????
The reg says till noon only on Memorial day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I was saying is that we should respect the day and display our American flag at half-staff. I do not understand why you cannot do that. The end of your words state that it is the proper thing to do exactly that?????
I was just stating "in general".... not really directed at you... just an opinion of it overall.
Sorry if i came across in any way... was not my intention.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Memorial Day is the day to honor all the military who lost their lives in service to our country, that is why the flag is flown at half staff.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps i should clarify... after re-reading my OP... i see where this has gotten "misconstrued" ....

I am talking about anyone and everyone should show appreciation in any way shape or form they can...
A flag that cannot be flown at half staff still none the less be flown... IMO

Ya cant fly my flag at half staff... its not made to be....

YET.... its out there... blowing in the breeze as i type this.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all know this... this is not the debate.
Didn't realize it was a debate.:dontknow: I was simply pointing out it isn't a day to give thanks to all vets, but rather it is a day of remembrance for all the military members who gave their lives in the service of our country.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The reg says till noon only on Memorial day.

I believe it is better to ask a question rather than to remain ignorant. My
flag is fixed to one end of a pole, and is not made to be lowered. I can
correct it by replacing the flag with one that does adjust flag height.

For this year, I will display the one I have.
americanasmiley.gif

memorial.JPG

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where the flag is fixed to the flag pole then the pole is tilted 45 degrees and this is half-staff with that arrangement. Many folks have mounts on their building where they display the flag and it is displayed in that manner 100% of the time.

Zakon Krzyżacki

May 25, 2022
Perhaps i am out of line by stating this opinion...

But IMO I think a flag flown in any fashion is perfectly OK... I think every person should place a flag... raise a flag... display a flag... in any way shape or form on this day.

Doesn't bother me how they display it... what bothers me is that they didn't.
Just as long as the flag is not inverted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread