New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you think this guy finds ? ? ?

View attachment 2008628
Imagine the ones on the Treasure Coast by where the plate fleets wrecked, guys probably pulling gold doubloons and pieces of 8 like pocket change, not to mention the modern stuff.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I don't know. heh

but i have always wanted to approach one of em and ask...

Reason = I don't hunt beaches where they do that.
We used to hunt the fire rings with sand crab nets (Beach carts). The tractors couldn't get in there & the other detectorists didn't want to deal with the pounds of nails pull tabs & caps. Was a real bonanza with all the pocket spills & such! Where the tractors hit, just a vast wasteland of nothingness.

Seakur

Greenie
Oct 2, 2020
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab ExcaliburII -Safari; Garrett Deepseeker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago while living in Reno, I drove the truck used to vacuum out the pota-poti's. Same weekly route with different route each day. It payed VERY well and over the couple years I worked there I found all types of jewelry and on a couple occasions found fat wallets.
It seemed impossible they could have dropped them and not realize it, but I guess when you look down and see your wallet nestled in what looked like green and/or yellow pudding [man, some of those guys needed medical help] It made it harder to reach in, I guess. [I did tell the forman's but no takers] I still have an 1897 silver dollar I found at the bottom of the tank, in my collection. -Haha
I remember our work shirts read.. 'YOUR SHlT IS OUR BREAD AND BUTTER."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread