Upvote 0

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shadow box. After looking at one of your medals..I found that it is a WW1 Victory medal. Looks like someone was in WW1 and someone may have made them a shadow box to commemerate there life. That is what I am thinking. Reason being there is things about WW1, veterens association just all kinds of stuff. I may be wrong, but I just get a real personal feeling about this box. Looks like someone put alot of Love and Time in making this box. This could have been made for someone's wife or family. I don't know..Just guessing. It is very nice. Do some research and find out who Clyde Smith was or is...

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
what a nice presentation. & how sad it is not with his family. I wonder if the VA would like it or the VFW. Glad you have given it a nice home.

OP
OP
wrench

wrench

Jan 27, 2009
COVINGTON
Detector(s) used
SHADOW 5 WHITES XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mamabear said:
what a nice presentation. & how sad it is not with his family. I wonder if the VA would like it or the VFW. Glad you have given it a nice home.
thank you and yes i thought it was sad that no one in the family wanted it also. seems like clyde smith owned a gas station and was into square dancing. i only paid $5.00 for it, kinda sad that was all it meant to some one?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I imagine one day my life will be represented in a shadow box in some dusty antique store shortly after I am gone. Good item to do some research on. Like they said how neat to find some family to return it too. Be a fantastic journey for you.
HH,
TnMtns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread