Shadow signs on trees? Has anybody ever found a shadow sign on a tree?

TerraKacher

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2016
Kokomo, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter-Lone star, Fisher CZ7, ***Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could of been part of a Orienteering group. A control point that isn't going to move.

Orienteering, is a group of sports that require navigational skills using a map and compass to navigate from point to point in diverse and usually unfamiliar terrain whilst moving at speed. Participants are given a topographical map, usually a specially prepared orienteering map, which they use to find control points.

OP
OP
S

Sandy1devotee369

Feb 10, 2022
My apologies to all: What I was calling a topographical map, I found out today is not the correct terminology. What I was referring to is actually called a raised relief map. Like a 3D representation of a topographical map.

OhioDigger24

Sep 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can shadow maps be a distraction or diversion? I mean if people used these to point to treasure, wouldnt they might use it to "trick" someone into thinking its one to lure you away? Only asking because ive been in the technology field for 22 years and from a security aspect many people will use a "honeypot" method or a "security by obscurity" method to lure bad actors away from HVIs

OP
OP
S

Sandy1devotee369

Feb 10, 2022
Can shadow maps be a distraction or diversion? I mean if people used these to point to treasure, wouldnt they might use it to "trick" someone into thinking its one to lure you away? Only asking because ive been in the technology field for 22 years and from a security aspect many people will use a "honeypot" method or a "security by obscurity" method to lure bad actors away from HVIs
I believe it to be more than a possibility and more so a probability. I believe there is most oftentimes many caches in an area. Some leading to smaller deposits and some leading to your death. Never came across an easy one. I have easily come into contact with death traps. That is not difficult, or rare. (This is all related to deposits concerning the time before the USofA) I have some but not much experience concerning 1850's to present era related caches.

OhioDigger24

Sep 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it to be more than a possibility and more so a probability. I believe there is most oftentimes many caches in an area. Some leading to smaller deposits and some leading to your death. Never came across an easy one. I have easily come into contact with death traps. That is not difficult, or rare. (This is all related to deposits concerning the time before the USofA) I have some but not much experience concerning 1850's to present era related caches.
What types of traps?

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
We dont have these things here like signs on trees for treasure.
We do have and have had for Gold reef deposits, piles of Quartz. Old timers used to when they found traces in quartz mark areas with Quartz piles, say a dozen bits that stood out.
Unfortunately, over the years, from the start of detecting times, idiots piled up Quartz knowing that as a joke to stooge people. Its not uncommon to see them now. Has been for over 30 yrs. I personally spent too much time chasing up, or should say checking the areas, that I now dont bother. Not to say that is what happens in your country but here im done.
I still have a look at the more out of the way ones, obscure ones, but dont hold my breath!
Good luck though you guys with tree signs 👍

OP
OP
S

Sandy1devotee369

Feb 10, 2022
I think it's really neat when you take pictures and then you look at the picture again for the 30sumpinth time and you see something that you had previously overlooked. If you zoom in, right next to the cross is a heart. Also have found other symbols on it recently.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220331-175950_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220331-175950_Samsung Internet.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20220331-183522_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220331-183522_Gallery.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 93

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's really neat when you take pictures and then you look at the picture again for the 30sumpinth time and you see something that you had previously overlooked. If you zoom in, right next to the cross is a heart. Also have found other symbols on it recently. View attachment 2018588
Cool! Just keeps getting better and better!

OP
OP
S

Sandy1devotee369

Feb 10, 2022
We dont have these things here like signs on trees for treasure.
We do have and have had for Gold reef deposits, piles of Quartz. Old timers used to when they found traces in quartz mark areas with Quartz piles, say a dozen bits that stood out.
Unfortunately, over the years, from the start of detecting times, idiots piled up Quartz knowing that as a joke to stooge people. Its not uncommon to see them now. Has been for over 30 yrs. I personally spent too much time chasing up, or should say checking the areas, that I now dont bother. Not to say that is what happens in your country but here im done.
I still have a look at the more out of the way ones, obscure ones, but dont hold my breath!
Good luck though you guys with tree signs 👍
Was curious, what country are you in Chilli?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also seen the mark but i have no idea

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because I believe I have found my first shadow sign on a tree. I have found many on rocks but never on a tree before. Not even sure if this can be considered a shadow sign since you can't see it in person, only on the photographs. It is a Christian cross. It's in the upper right hand or possibly left after I post it. I believe this stuff on the tree is a map. If it is, this is the first I've found like this. I have seen similar, but it was in stone.
Great observation .I never seen these before..
Thanks for sharing with us

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions