Shank button

historian12

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this button Holcomb Valley California . It’s a button with a shank and it seems to be bronze. Holcomb Valley is an area of Big Bear where there was Gold Mining in the mid 1800’s.
The button has a single star on front with no other markings. I’m thinking it came off a pair of jeans. Next to it in another hole I found a Levi Strauss rivet. I’ve tried to find a button from Levi Strauss with a star and can’t seem to find one. So I thought I would share it here to see if anyone else could ID it.
Sorry for the photos not being so clear.

Attachments

• 2933F7CE-75AA-4F10-B295-986208F8FE9B.jpeg
    2933F7CE-75AA-4F10-B295-986208F8FE9B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2740.MOV
    1.4 MB
Upvote 3

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this button Holcomb Valley California . It’s a button with a shank and it seems to be bronze. Holcomb Valley is an area of Big Bear where there was Gold Mining in the mid 1800’s.
The button has a single star on front with no other markings. I’m thinking it came off a pair of jeans. Next to it in another hole I found a Levi Strauss rivet. I’ve tried to find a button from Levi Strauss with a star and can’t seem to find one. So I thought I would share it here to see if anyone else could ID it.
Sorry for the photos not being so clear.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Historian that looks to me like a copper rivet used to hold leather items together. Some of the older rivets are marked with a single star in the center. I have found several over the years.

Stay safe and keep swingin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread