Sharing my grief this past evening. Stuck on ridge and then....

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wanted to share what I learned about my Grandson Carter today while helping the folks in the flipped SUV. I wanted to thank the Chief of Police for her kind words and sent her an email this morning. She quickly responded and shared my letter with several other department heads. Below is one of them.

Mr. Lewis,

I am David Prather and I am the supervisor for Franklin Police’s Critical Incident Response Team which is currently investigating the I-65 crash. I wanted to express our condolences on behalf of the Department. It is a shame for those two to lose their lives at such young ages. I concur with the Chief’s statements. They were both heroes. You probably don’t know this but when we found Carter he was wearing a backpack. When he was transported to the Medical Examiner’s Office, his personal property was transported with him. It wasn’t until later that we found out that the backpack belonged to one of the occupants of the vehicle that rolled over. When that vehicle rolled, the contents of the vehicle were scattered all along the roadway. It is clear that Carter was out trying to help gather up all their property when the second crash occurred. Even at his young age, it is clear he had compassion for other people in their time of need.

The investigation is on-going. We met with the U. S. Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration yesterday. Today we are meeting with a representative of one of the trucking companies to obtain further information. Two of the other occupants who were hospitalized have significant injures including broken bones but were released from Vanderbilt University today. I want you to feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions. My personal cell phone is (615)xxx-xxxx.

Again we are truly sorry for you and your families’ loss.

Sincerely,

Sgt. David R. Prather

Franklin Police Department

900 Columbia Avenue

Franklin, TN 37064

(615 )794-2513

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Unfortunately I worked crashes like this for 25 years, and have seen the grief and pain of many, many families. It made me realize that you can never know when God is going to call you home, and I always make a point of keeping in touch and telling those that I do love that I love them, often, and wont leave or end a visit on a bad note. God bless you and keep you in this time.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad,

Your daughter and grandson were heroes right to the very end....godspeed to you and your family.

Regards + HH

Bill

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unfortunately I worked crashes like this for 25 years, and have seen the grief and pain of many, many families. It made me realize that you can never know when God is going to call you home, and I always make a point of keeping in touch and telling those that I do love that I love them, often, and wont leave or end a visit on a bad note. God bless you and keep you in this time.

Mr. Trooper... I guess through your work it has taught you this to live by. And I can see how it would. While I tell my children that I love them when we talk or text the lesson I've now learned is more OFTEN is better. That's my regret I'll live with and why I started this thread.

Your post sums it up nicely... THANK YOU!!!..... My two sons from MI. arrived last night safety and we sat at the table talking and watching the fireplace. It just seemed like someone was missing.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's so many news reports with my daughters and grandson's images. Yesterday it was about the fund drive her friend started.

Tonight in a few minutes my son-in-law (her husband) is giving an interview on Channel 4 in Nashville. I hope our weather holds so the showing and funeral can proceed tomorrow and Sunday. I thank each and every one of you for your kind notes and donations for their family. Brad

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Trooper... I guess through your work it has taught you this to live by. And I can see how it would. While I tell my children that I love them when we talk or text the lesson I've now learned is more OFTEN is better. That's my regret I'll live with and why I started this thread.

Your post sums it up nicely... THANK YOU!!!..... My two sons from MI. arrived last night safety and we sat at the table talking and watching the fireplace. It just seemed like someone was missing.

You may not have told her lately, but she knew you loved her very much. She didn't turn out to be the woman she was without plenty of your love, she knew how much you loved her, you showed her for many years. Her spirit lives on in her daughter. I can't imagine what you are going through right now, just know we are here for you if you need to talk.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well folks today and tomorrow are going to be rough (for me). I see this morning Kristi's fund drive is now just over $24,000. Again, thanks to those who helped and all the support from T-net members.

We have ice everywhere here again. The cars are all covered again and the driveway and road is a solid sheet again. But it's nowhere as thick as before. But it is warning up with a strong south wind. I'm hoping to turns to slush quickly by 11-12 today so we can drive off this ridge. But I see we have more cold coming and I pray it doesn't refreeze the wet road into an ice sheet AGAIN before Sundays funeral.

Hope ya all have a good day and thanks for your prayers, thoughts, support and donations... Brad

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

myfantasia1

Oct 3, 2008
Colorado, Denver
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, and now AP Pro. and AP Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am so Sorry. My heart aches for you. I lost my son to a motorcycle accident. It has been six years and my heart still hurts. More times than others. I will send my prayers for you and your. Again I am so sorry.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Brad,

I hope that you, Bonnie, John and the rest of your entire family stay strong and get through these extremely sad times and days of grief! It was my hopes of traveling there for the Viewing and Burial, so that if needed, I could get all of you off of that mountain with my' 4x4 pickup. However, even though I have had many calls about my' Ads on Craigslist and on the local Barter Time Radio Show, I was unable to sell anything to raise the funds I need to get there and back. My thoughts and prayers will be with you all today, tomorrow and in the future!

Your friend and horseshoe detecting partner...Frank

Last edited:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the chills and tearing up a little, I'm horribly sorry for your loss..!! :sadsmiley: My prayers and thoughts are with you and yours. Truth is you have to be strong cause its an endless battle, I still cry she was my best friend..
See, we buried my sister in 1997 because of a car accident :BangHead: I was 18 she was 20.. The people she crashed into tried to sue, they had no injuries !! :censored: Its hard, I'm now 35 and it still hurts. Just remember they had other things to do and were called by God. We will meet them soon when we join them. When its our time !! Remembering this keeps me strong. So again am horribly sorry be strong, we pray for you !!

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Ive been trying to find a song which would do this thread justice and be a good tribute to these fallen heroes.

I think this one fits the bill.

Regards + HH

Bill

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Limitool, I'm in church at this very minute in Italy... We will pray for them and y'alls comforting... Sooo very sorry for your loss.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Ive been trying to find a song which would do this thread justice and be a good tribute to these fallen heroes.

I think this one fits the bill.

Regards + HH

Bill

Mr. Bill, Thank you much. I was sitting here this morning at my desk trying to NOT write a speech (won't) to address the folks attending my daughter & grandsons funeral today. I found your post and clicked on the song. Within 4 minutes a had a short list of points I'll adlib at todays funeral. Thank you, again!!!

Frank, your flowers sent were beautiful. You've been a good friend with your calls, donations, flowers and more. This is a huge public THANK YOU!

Then to ALL OF YOU FOLKS WHO SENT KIND WORDS, THOUGHTS, PRAYERS AND DONATIONS all I can say again is, THANK YOU!!!!! Today is the funeral and tomorrow I'll take a step forward.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread