Primary Interest:
Other
008.JPG
001.JPG
007.JPG
001.JPG
002.JPG
001.JPG

Thought I would post a few finds of rocks found locally around our home here in Tenn..Have a great time collecting many different kinds but do have my favorites such as these...3rd and 4th are the same rock that my daughter found.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always wanted to fossil hunt some of the big cuts in the mtns. Here they will produce .. Nice finds you have.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
Where I live I haven't found any fossils as of yet...Then again I really do not push to find them since I am smack dab in the middle of Cherokee National Forest..I search on lands of people I know and our land..which has a span of about 11 acres..most I have found so far have been deer bones.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say a lot of the cuts off hwy 111 and over into the cumberland plateau produce fish fossils and such. I might stop one day as it is state land and not in a national forest. I have been wanting to come up your way and hunt some gold. I have some friends that hunt in that area and do pretty well.

OP
OP
T

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
I am more east of the cumberland plateau...I heard around Coker Creek and such...Down towards Gatlinburg you can still find some gold as well near Grandfather Mountain..My husband wants to find gold as well..I am happy with my rocks lol...But I saw that there is a belt that runs from deep south to so far north on the east side on TN that has yet to be cleaned of gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread