Shark Spotted at Playground!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Couldn't get out to the beach today, and I just couldn't stand it anymore, so I took the Sand Shark and my Lesche digger and headed for the "Tot Lot," just down the hill from me. Got in about an hour before the 'Honey Do' list caught up with me - again! I think I just found a great hunting spot very close to home. I turned the power WAY down today and still came away with the items below in about an hour! I think the charm is costume - no markings, but I am Thrilled with the initial results, as I don't think this playground has ever been detected. Woo-Hoo!

Attachments

• tot1.jpg
    tot1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 214
  • tot2.jpg
    tot2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 207

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You took a PI detector to a park? :o

You are a brave soul.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Smudge - John! It is tough digging everything. I think my background, or entry into metal detecting as a gold nugget shooter, suits the PI machine as I have always dug every target - regardless. Even using VLF machines, we never jump out of All Metal. We only use the VLF, to get the really small, sub-gram gold the PI will walk over. The signal I get for wire and fishhooks is a warble or broken double (negative threshold break). Unfortunately, a gold chain at depth sounds exactly the same! I dig a lot of trash, but I does find me some treasure. :laughing7: :thumbsup:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How did you find your depth in the park with that PI, John?

I have mention there is a fellow on this forum who goes by the handle "Easy Money". He said he knew of a guy who started metal detecting, I believe after he got back from Vietnam. He never used any discrimination. EA said no metal detectorist ever dug as much trash as he did.

No one ever dug as much treasure either.

You might be on to something Terry. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smudge said:
How did you find your depth in the park with that PI..

The first thing I did was turn the power WAY down, then judged the depth by signal strength. Anything within 4" just overloads the machine. 6" - 10" just screams, and 12" to 17" sounds like a regular target.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread