traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I am not one to swim with the sharks, I am sure that at one time in my lifetime I have unknowingly swam in the gulf with them. Just never done it after sundown.
That would make a great country song.
"Well, the sharks swim at night,
That's what they tell me.
When the sun goes down,
All the sharks come around".

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have swam and waded the waters of Florida's beaches for decades, the most dangerous time is dawn and dusk, sharks usually hunt at dusk and dawn as well as night, but like many predators, they will feed any time they come across prey unless they have just eaten. I have no fear of detecting in the water, I usually avoid detecting in the water deeper than mid-calf to knee deep at night, dawn, or dusk.

Just like I have swam and fished in Florida's lakes and rivers, even though we have gators in them, but not something I usually do at dawn, dusk and night, although I did when I was a kid.,

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida... Must be nice! You stand in the surf here... You are knocked down!:laughing7:
The gulf is usually calm unless a storm is near, the Atlantic is different, been knocked head over heels many times on the Atlantic side from the surf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions