OhioMetalMaven

OhioMetalMaven

Nov 6, 2021
Western Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace Apex & Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We had a cat adopt us about two years ago. Started out as a shop cat but ended up being a house cat. He would sit behind this wheel and watch me working on my old cars. Named him "Hotrod".

The best ones always find us 😊

OP
OP
OhioMetalMaven

OhioMetalMaven

Nov 6, 2021
Western Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
@OhioMetalMaven
Yeah. Animals can be more than just animals can't they. We had a Staffy that we got when we were in Queensland for a couple of years. Id be fishing on the rocks, or on the beach and see others with a Staffy. I said to the misses, thats it, we are getting one of those, they are awesome. Guys fish, the dog just sits and watches. See them when we walk on the beach, how good are they. I got a pup. For crying out loud, our turned out to be the polar opposite of every Staffy I saw 😆
He was nuts on steroids! Walk on the beach! He would run out of sight chasing seagulls and crashing into the waves after them. We'd be walking and holding an empty lead, a person would say "did you lose your dog, I saw him way up there chasing seagulls!?" We'd be "🤔 black with a white star on his chest?" Them "yeah think so" Us "😒 yeah he'll come back!" 😆
We called him Taz after the cartoon character Taz the Tasmanian Devil from the Bugs Bunny cartoons. Crazy little rocket he was. But loved people.
He got old and sick 2 yrs ago, was 15 so a good age, had to say goodbye.
Always knew when my misses wasn't well and would stick to her like glue.
Hey, when I was a kid, about 9 yrs old I drove my mum mad to get me a little chick, chicken from a market. Id feed it every day and talk to it.
You know, my mother used to say "that chicken knows when your coming home from school, it comes and waits at the back door every week day for you to come home at 3.30. Funny huh! But it only did it on school days, Monday to Friday. Not weekends, non school days. Clever chicken or what!?
Pets, they get to know you don't they.
I saw the most stupid news story ever last year. Scientists did a study here, given a huge grant to do so and came to the conclusion that dogs form a bond with their owners and know their emotions! 🤔
That must have taken a lot to figure that out huh! Money well spent OZ Govt 😆
Cheers👍

Sounds like Taz had an amazing life. As for chickens, they are more intelligent than most people think. And incredibly funny to watch run. My main lady, Dirty Doris, follows me when I detect my yard. She always has to stick her head down to look for bugs. Animals make life better.
As for the scientific study, what a waste of funding. 🤣🤣🤣 Thanks for sharing Taz with us. Take care! 😊

OP
OP
OhioMetalMaven

OhioMetalMaven

Nov 6, 2021
Western Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2017313 ..and my heart. 🤣🤣 Yes, my best friend is this cat. My Rose.

How Rose got her name:
I was walking to the garage one day, talking to myself like I normally do, trying to think up a perfect name for her. Eleanor Roosevelt has been my hero since I picked up a free bookmark at the library when I was 11, it had a short bio about her and began my interest in researching her (I still have the bookmark in my billfold, 32 years later). She was an amazing human, but that’s obvious.
To get to the point, I was going through names and Eleanor Roosevelt was too much for a cat’s name. A race horse, maybe. Not this undersized ball of fur though. Like Eleanor, her mom wanted nothing to do with her. Then, ‘Rose’ came to mind.
I went into the garage where she’d hide at times and called out “Rose”, no food to bribe her with mind you, and she came running to me and she looked so happy. I knew she was mine then. ❤️
When she’s in trouble she’s called ‘Eleanor Rose’. 😆😆😆😆

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love my furry dog and cat babies and chickens, even our 4 roosters haha.
The dogs keep the big critters at bay here in the woods and the cats kill the mice and rats and sometimes chipmunks.

The way to cure a mean rooster is to pick him up and carry him around for 5 or 10 minutes while you do chores and they will see you as dominate over them. They will start avoiding you after that and its that simple and they are simple animals.
If he comes at you again then just keep doing it (with gloves).

You start kicking at a rooster they will never stop flapping and jumping at you. Theres no way to settle with a rooster by kicking at it or running and it will only get them going crazier!

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Sounds like Taz had an amazing life. As for chickens, they are more intelligent than most people think. And incredibly funny to watch run. My main lady, Dirty Doris, follows me when I detect my yard. She always has to stick her head down to look for bugs. Animals make life better.
As for the scientific study, what a waste of funding. 🤣🤣🤣 Thanks for sharing Taz with us. Take care! 😊
Hi, Dirty Doris, great name 😆
Yep Taz did have a great life, chasing seagulls then kangaroos when we came back to Victoria. Animals are not given the credit are they for the intelligence they have! Here we have Aussie Magpie birds. A lot near our place and some attack a bit bad people. But all you have to do is look at them and talk and whistle. The ones here we do and they leave us alone. They even perch on our Jacaranda tree and warble, the Aussie magpie version of talk to you, its a beautiful sound they make. The female ones do the most vocal talking. We never have been attacked here in 15 yrs the place we live. I even feed them worms from my fishing worm farm. But now n then we see people go past. The exact same birds swoop and attack them as if to say "get outa here, this is our turf!" So funny to see. Magpie Security Guards. 😆

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have two Aussie Girls, (Austrailian Shepherds). Lacy who is about to turn 6 is a black Tri, and her little sister Luna, is a blue merle, and she will be turning 3. I believe these two are the most loving canine kids I've ever owned. They both think that they are little lap dogs and love to either be in your lap, or sitting up against you or laying across you and cuddling. They are both loving and intelligent canine kids. They are most loved by my wife, (Grand Maw), our daughter, (Mamma), and myself, (Grand Paw).

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love my furry dog and cat babies and chickens, even our 4 roosters haha.
The dogs keep the big critters at bay here in the woods and the cats kill the mice and rats and sometimes chipmunks.

The way to cure a mean rooster is to pick him up and carry him around for 5 or 10 minutes while you do chores and they will see you as dominate over them. They will start avoiding you after that and its that simple and they are simple animals.
If he comes at you again then just keep doing it (with gloves).

You start kicking at a rooster they will never stop flapping and jumping at you. Theres no way to settle with a rooster by kicking at it or running and it will only get them going crazier!
If this fails, well......Winner, Winner.......Fried Chicken Dinner. Lol

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine as it is mine now cuz my youngest girl moved on outta the house hogs my lap and gets a kick outta the fact the little dog ain't on my lap. This cat of mine is now 14 years old and sits outside just watching bird all over the yard. Still he keeps up with the mice who dare to take up residence in his domain.

Attachments

• 20220322_174307.jpg
    20220322_174307.jpg
    808 KB · Views: 24

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread