Shingles Vaccine .. Anybody had it?

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Wife & I have had the shots. Sore arm for a couple of days. My Grandma had them where ya sit and suffered for years. I was glad there's a shot so I may not get them. Good luck.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just had a woman in my office talking about it...her husband just had it
i had yrs ago on my face before vaccine was out and just got told another co worker been out with it - got it a few days ago
advise getting vaccine if possible - nasty stuff shingles

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am i correct if you had Chicken pox or Whopping caugh as a child you do not need the vaccine >

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Am i correct if you had Chicken pox or Whopping caugh as a child you do not need the vaccine >
From the CDC:
Shingles is caused by varicella zoster virus (VZV), the same virus that causes chickenpox. After a person recovers from chickenpox, the virus stays dormant (inactive) in their body. The virus can reactivate later, causing shingles.

Most people who develop shingles have only one episode during their lifetime.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am taking my wife in to the clinic because she is having some reactions to the shot they are localized to the area she got the shot. constant itching and yesterday her whole body was aching and she has a redness around the area of the injection site they will probably prescribe Benadryl for the symptoms she is showing.

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the two shot vaccine two years ago. No side effects other than a sore arm for a couple of days. Two people I know had them bad and suffered tremendously. The older lady got them in her eye. It was bad. My work buddy got them on his back and stomach and was full of blisters. It was summertime and very hot. He was a tough man and he was literally crying. My insurance paid for them and I feel very fortunate after seeing what these two went through. My advice-get the shots.

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife and I both got the two shots several months ago. A sore spot on our arm for a day or two is all. Shingles can be bad and it's simple to cut your risk of getting them way down by getting the shots, so it was easy for me to decide. My mother kept a baby journal when I was very young, and recorded in it that I had chicken pox, so I knew I was susceptible to shingles which helped me decide.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am getting the shot this year. Friend of mine got it in his eye and went blind. I had the chicken pox so it is a no brainier.
But I got the covid booster and two days later had covid so ya never know,....

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains: good luck and please stay safe. Also keep us posted please

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread