Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

Always wanted to have shipwreck/treasure coin and I finally can afford one. The question is which ones are most valuable/rare? I have my eyes on Atocha shipwreck coin, El Cazador shipwreck coin and Lucayan treasure coin.

Thanks!
Atocha.

And buy it directly from TSI (Treasure Salvers Inc.) AKA - Mel fishers Museum.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Whatever you buy make sure it comes with a legit cert. That's what you are paying for.

You can't go wrong with an Atocha coin from the Fishers. You pay more but you know you are getting the real thing.

OP
OP
S

sac42

Greenie
Jun 10, 2022
Whatever you buy make sure it comes with a legit cert. That's what you are paying for.

You can't go wrong with an Atocha coin from the Fishers. You pay more but you know you are getting the real thing.
Hey there, thanks for the tip. I agree with you, certificate is must. I bought this Lucayan Beach coin yesterday, it's certified and it comes with Spink & Son box as well., can't wait to get it!
13-8-reales-mexico-1618-28-lucayan-001-2.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool....not to many people can say they have a lucayan beach coin....nice choice...congrats !!

WaveJunky757

Jan 31, 2018
Virginia Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, congrats. I personally would rather have the Lucayan coin. Great book about that discovery. “Finders Losers”. I personally would love to have a 1641 Concepcion coin.

OP
OP
S

sac42

Greenie
Jun 10, 2022
Very nice, congrats. I personally would rather have the Lucayan coin. Great book about that discovery. “Finders Losers”. I personally would love to have a 1641 Concepcion coin.
Thank you! Yes, right now trying to find the book. Yes, now I want Concepcion coin as well haha.

Jun 23, 2022
Hey there, thanks for the tip. I agree with you, certificate is must. I bought this Lucayan Beach coin yesterday, it's certified and it comes with Spink & Son box as well., can't wait to get it! View attachment 2032026
Very unusual started coin. For me it was heavily worn coin from Consolacion. When I learned also about the pirates behind the wreck, it got me ... and now I have about 50 shipwreck coins in my collection :D

OP
OP
S

sac42

Greenie
Jun 10, 2022
Very unusual started coin. For me it was heavily worn coin from Consolacion. When I learned also about the pirates behind the wreck, it got me ... and now I have about 50 shipwreck coins in my collection :D
I guess that will happens to me as well haha. Can't stop looking for shipwreck coins, but they are rare. Waiting for Dan Sedwick auction in November.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first shipwreck coin. Used to be big numismatic guy, started collecting back in 2012 but had to sell everything in 2017, now I'm hunting pieces of eight haha
Had you hunted pieces of eight in 2012 you would have done better.

Prices of them have tripled and quadrupled since then.

OP
OP
S

sac42

Greenie
Jun 10, 2022
Had you hunted pieces of eight in 2012 you would have done better.

Prices of them have tripled and quadrupled since then.
Yes... that's why I'm bit mad at myself now haha

Reactions: ARC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread