Shoe Buckle, Blank Copper, and Pewter

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a half day this morning. The shoe buckle was unusually deep from the norm, 7" reading a solid 25 on my Nox 800. I jokingly refer to these shoe buckles as colonial flat tires. The copper is worn flat. I felt as though I was discovering a new to me house foundation site with a few visible stones scattered about the woods. But I noticed dozens of pinhead-sized tick nymphs moving up my boots and pant legs. I'm used to flicking off a few ticks that crawl up past my rubber knee boots sprayed down with pyrethrum but this was ridiculous. On my pants tucked in the boots I spray an additional layer of Cutters but these ticks marched right through it. I sprayed Cutters directly on to them, soaking them, and they continued to move. Took me an hour to get out of the woods and into my hot shower. Only two attached to skin. Can't wait until Fall to give this area a closer look.

Attachments

• tres287.jpg
    tres287.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 16

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done !
"Andres Pencils" might bring out enough detail to help ID the coin.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice preliminary hunt, too bad the blood suckers wrecked the day.
You must of walked through a nest.
Had one of pinhead ticks latched on the belt line a few weeks ago.

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out for a half day this morning. The shoe buckle was unusually deep from the norm, 7" reading a solid 25 on my Nox 800. I jokingly refer to these shoe buckles as colonial flat tires. The copper is worn flat. I felt as though I was discovering a new to me house foundation site with a few visible stones scattered about the woods. But I noticed dozens of pinhead-sized tick nymphs moving up my boots and pant legs. I'm used to flicking off a few ticks that crawl up past my rubber knee boots sprayed down with pyrethrum but this was ridiculous. On my pants tucked in the boots I spray an additional layer of Cutters but these ticks marched right through it. I sprayed Cutters directly on to them, soaking them, and they continued to move. Took me an hour to get out of the woods and into my hot shower. Only two attached to skin. Can't wait until Fall to give this area a closer look.
nice digs I do not miss those east coast bugs, do miss digging colonial stuff up tho..lol. Did get mauled by horseflies at one point and only found a 1950-D wheatie after like 100 holes so you did way better than I today!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find and well detailed story- I could picture the army of those little B#$@%!^& walking up.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
love those buckles, thanks for posting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread