Short hunt on my Tnet 1st anniversary - slides, spills, and silver

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was my one year anniversary in joining the Treasurenet community, and what a fun year it's been! I cannot express how truly grateful I am for all of the knowledge (and patience!) you all have shared with me. One of my favorite parts of each day is signing in and perusing the amazing finds that are posted here! I have also learned SO much about MD'ing and cleaning/preservation techniques from all of you. Thanks to everyone for making my first year with Tnet a great one!

I got in a short (1.5 hours) hunt at my brother-in-law's house yesterday, as I was out of town and visiting them for the weekend. I would have hunted longer, but a thunderstorm chased me back inside.

I did manage a few keepers, though, as seen in the pic below.

All Finds.jpg

All of the items on the right side of the picture came from a single plug! They included a rusty pocket knife, seven quarters, five dimes, a nickel, and (most of) five pennies. How someone didn't hear that falling out of their pocket is beyond me!

I also found a slide for a steel guitar! Based on the information on it, the patent for it was granted in 1933, but this particular model probably dates to 1952. I thought it was a neat find, as I've never come across one before. It was made by the Stevens AP&M Co. I offered to give it to my brother-in-law, as he is a musician, but he knows how much I love this hobby and he wanted me to keep it. (We both decided that it would be best if MY children threw it in the garbage after I die.)

Slide Patent Number.jpg Slide Stevens End.jpg Slide AP&M Side.jpg

I also managed one wheat penny (a 1951-S), and rounded out the hunt with the only silver of the day, a 1947 USA dime (no cleaning required!). It was, however, my fourth hunt in a row coming home with silver, so I'm not complaining!

1947 Dime Obverse.jpg 1947 Dime Reverse.jpg

Thanks for looking, and thanks again for a very fun year!

Upvote 27

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats.gif
1st - Congrat's on your first year here at TN!
t_o.gif
2nd - Fantastic assortment of finds. Thanks for sharing...

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Nice silver! :icon_thumleft: That was a really big pocket spill!

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats.gif
1st - Congrat's on your first year here at TN!
t_o.gif
2nd - Fantastic assortment of finds. Thanks for sharing...

Thanks!

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Nice silver! :icon_thumleft: That was a really big pocket spill!

Thank you! And whoever spilled all that had large pockets!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy anniversary. I see you got some nice gifts. Thanks for the nice story and pictures. Congratulations on all those nice finds.

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy anniversary. I see you got some nice gifts. Thanks for the nice story and pictures. Congratulations on all those nice finds.

Thanks!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spills are awesome silver to boot grest post .It takes me a few months to find that much silver lol

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spills are awesome silver to boot grest post .It takes me a few months to find that much silver lol

Lol, and thanks! For some reason, silver has been finding me lately, and I'm okay with that! I went for several months last year without finding any.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice hunt! :occasion14:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the anniversary! I started keeping track of places I’ve hunted and go there sometimes for anniversary hunts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the anniversary! I started keeping track of places I’ve hunted and go there sometimes for anniversary hunts.

I never thought of that, but that's a neat idea!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first year as well.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Never have I seen a guitar slide found detecting. Great finds.Congrats :occasion14:

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread